Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Best answers
I just saw the movie this afternoon. The movie was so great i tried to stay for a second time but got caught (blasted janitor) and had to leave. Overall it was shorter than the first one and was packed full of dynamic camra angles, but it still liked it. What suprised me the most was how funny parts of the movie was.

What did you think of the movie or are you going to see it?

P.S.- If you did see it, did you see the "secret" person running into the alley?

Pan

Best answers
Im going too see it tommorw night, i sure hope its good, espically since the critics didnt seem to like it at all. Im Abit of a hardcore RE Fan so im expecting alot from this movie i suppose.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
didnt see it and prob never will see it

i draw the line at turning the nemesis into a kung fu guy who suddenly has feelings and protects people

i mean come on the nemesis just isnt like that hes an invincible unstoppable heartless killing machine he just doesnt go I LUV LITTLE BUNNIES I PROTECT U!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i didnt really enjoy it, for several reasons but innaccuracy to the game it is based on being the main one,

if they were going to go through the trouble of introducing the characters from re3 they shouldve brought with them the proper storyline as well,

the nemesis was in most aspects a zombie, he had no emotions, and was dumb as a brick, he displayed intelligence and emotion in the movie, not to mention he looked cheesy as hell in the full body shots, looked like something out of power rangers,

jill, they tried too hard to make her look like she did in the game, and NONE of the storyline in the game was brought in, even though further characters from the game were introduced, she didnt escape from RC on a helicopter with all those people, they completely ignored the game

carlos, well they did do alright with him as he didnt really explain much about himself in the game, si they couldnt really go wrong with him

nicholai, (spelling?) was a bad guy >_> if i remember right, they screwed that up too

they really only took on the names of the characters they were based on, they didnt bring anything else from re3 like i hoped they would have,

i was hoping to see some scenes from re3 acted out on the big screen though,other people may have seen it for other reasons but i was dissapppointed cuz of that

and hibiki the nemesis was pretty agile in re3, he could leap up buildings and run faster than you could, though no hand to hand combat was ever involved he was a pretty fast sunuva ***** for his size,

Best answers
I seem to be the only one who loved teh first movie, so i'm definetly looking foward to the second.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hahaha sux POR u BUAHHA.. but really.. i want to see it, but i hate it when they make movie remakes and it doens't even follow the correct story line.. damn them!

Best answers
No one said it was going to be by the game. They took the initial idea of Resident Evil and just re-did it, I dont see why thats so bad.

Anywho, I was gonna see it today, but I got ****ed over because I forgot my wallet(+fake ID) at my friends house, so thus wasnt able to get the god damn tickets... Oh well. Ill see it some other time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i vote "Didn't see it, but going to". I want to see it for one reason, it has jill and looks like what is chris, and they pwn all. So i will probally go and see it. I would love to see Wesker in one of these since hes like the best character in the series....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought the film was pretty good. It could have been better, though.

As for the ending... well, you'll just have to see it for yourself. I HATED the ending. I can't see another RE film being made... I just don't know how the story would play out.

I commend the film for its humor, action and all around uniquity. I recommend it. ;/

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/2792406/reviews/?review_id=3427416
Please... o_O

Best answers
Hibiki said:
didnt see it and prob never will see it

i draw the line at turning the nemesis into a kung fu guy who suddenly has feelings and protects people

i mean come on the nemesis just isnt like that hes an invincible unstoppable heartless killing machine he just doesnt go I LUV LITTLE BUNNIES I PROTECT U!
great they turned nemesis into a pansy xD

I probably will see it since I played all the original RE....tho I was looking forward to some mass killing spree by nemesis

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice, the RE: After Life has a good cast line-up. Seems as if it will take place in RE: Code Veronica. Please please please!

But a few things:

Jason Ritter:
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz..._400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Ritter, Jason

Looks nothing like chris.

Linda Booth:
http://www.boomwallah.com/filmpix/wintersun/lindy.jpg

Looks nothing like Claire. [shes too skinny]

So that guy has some bad taste. Now Cole Hauser could be wesker if he dyed his hair blond and wore glasses the whole time, but other wise he doesnt look like wesker.

I hope the cast that sony chooses is a bit more, err...similer to the original RE:code veronica characters. And I hope all those characters are in the next one, otherwise its not worth seeing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
and hibiki the nemesis was pretty agile in re3, he could leap up buildings and run faster than you could, though no hand to hand combat was ever involved he was a pretty fast sunuva ***** for his size,
being super fast and agile does not mean u suddenly know kung fu >_<

Best answers
ImpTaimer said:
I just saw the movie this afternoon. The movie was so great i tried to stay for a second time but got caught (blasted janitor) and had to leave. Overall it was shorter than the first one and was packed full of dynamic camra angles, but it still liked it. What suprised me the most was how funny parts of the movie was.

What did you think of the movie or are you going to see it?

P.S.- If you did see it, did you see the "secret" person running into the alley?
what secret person ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm. I'm kind of torn up. I really liked the first one...I didn't like the second one as much, but it wasn't mad. I didn't really like the way they pussified the nemesis; I thought the kung fu thing was stupid and unrealistic. For them to fight is one thing, but the nemesis took massive gunshot wounds, and got the beating of it's life, and seemed untouched; Alice is all badassified but she still seems human in that she got hurt and wounded and such. And the nemesis lifts some uber heavy **** and seems WAY stronger than Alice; so them fighting was pretty stupid, I think.

I also didn't like the ending. And a lot of the acting was bad...except Nikolai, I liked him, but...well you saw the lame exit he got.

I didn't like the game references either. I always think that movies based on games should be just that--only BASED on them.

Best answers
Well in all honesty i thought it was good, while neither one of the movies followed the story line of the game, what would be the point to the ppl that have seen and played the game? example

Hallway,"Damn i need a key"
"Well this is a weird puzzle solves it, Zelda music plays" "Woohoo the key!"
A typewriter i better saved my progress, damnit i don't have a typing ribbon =P.

Anyways, main point, why make a game into a movie, when u can play the game and see it there instead, in all its uncensored glory, where nemesis actually looks correct.

They build their own storyline, but RE was meant to be a game not a movie 7/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom