Resident Evil 6

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Just when I thought 2012 couldn't beat 2011, RE6 *read Leon* comes along to prove me wrong.

[video=youtube;BmC1lZeQad4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BmC1lZeQad4#![/video]

It seems RE6 will be 3 games in one. Leon's having a RE2-RE4 like vibe, being stranded in a city full of Zombies. Chris seems to be about Squad combat, with cover and everything. And then we have a new guy, reminiscing of how it would be to play Wesker. I am intrigued to say the least.

But all that is secondary, RE6 has Leon, and that is all it will ever need. EVER.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
RE6 has three protagonists in three different parts of the world. Going to be big, rumors are that protagonist #3 is one of the Weskers, Alex Wesker to be exact, or that he's Hunk sans gas mask. Either way it looks like pure gold so far.

*waits patiently*

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Quite honestly. Resident Evil died with the release of part 4 for me.

Im not expecting much.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
RE4 was the best out of all of em.

What you on about Grega?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
RE4 was the best out of all of em.

What you on about Grega?
RE 4 was horrible. I liked the games when they scared the living hell out of me with every step of the way no mater how often i played them. Re 4 failed that on the first time i tried it. Its a ****ty excuse of a Resident Evil game.

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
RE 4 was horrible. I liked the games when they scared the living hell out of me with every step of the way no mater how often i played them. Re 4 failed that on the first time i tried it. Its a ****ty excuse of a Resident Evil game.
This. Action Evil needs to get out of here and RE needs to return to survival horror.. they way it should always have been.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
To you.

To me it was much more survival horror than any of the previous games. I've played RE2, RE3 and Code Veronica, and yet RE4 is the one where I've really felt the tension and fear of dying. I believe it was akin to how people feel about playing Dark Souls. There are many who love RE4 Grega, its just your tastes are different, that is all.

RE5, on the other hand, was all kinds of meh.

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
To you.

To me it was much more survival horror than any of the previous games. I've played RE2, RE3 and Code Veronica, and yet RE4 is the one where I've really felt the tension and fear of dying. I believe it was akin to how people feel about playing Dark Souls. There are many who love RE4 Grega, its just your tastes are different, that is all.

RE5, on the other hand, was all kinds of meh.
I respect RE5, at least it KNEW it was an action game and didn't pull any "Oh no, we can still try and scare you" crap. RE4 was meh. They should have stuck with the first idea for RE4.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You didn't like RE4 and thats fine, but the devs didn't mess anything up. My playing the game 5 times in a few months is proof enough.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I played though RE3 until i pretty much memorized every pixel in every cinematic. And it still scared the **** out of me quite a few times. That was its charm. RE4 was just an annoyance.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Your RE3 is my RE4. That is all.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked the QTE where you punched the rock in RE5.

I like what seems to be the return to a somewhat more traditional zombie archetype. The whole plant thing popping out of the head wasn't doing anything for me. Also, Wesker anything is great.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I seem to be in a minority that loves both the old games and the new games. RE4 was fun IMO, very different, but still fun.

I had a lot of fun playing RE5 with Hibiki, and later with my wife and a co-worker. I won't pretend that RE5 was fine for single player though, you needed to play it with two people.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I never played RE5 alone, so I have good memories. Mostly of panicking while -Origin got me out of trouble. Or swearing during the annoying buttonmashing sequence at the end.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
RE 3 > RE 4. RE 4 was terrible to me. Not even along the story it used to be. Its not even zombies. Leon is a ***** too.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll remove the shot from your nick Deathy! @_@

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It was... I mean it was literally out of no where.

Leon: " Yo guys, Im in Mexico finally. Im fighting bugs. These guys are easy compared to those Zombies I fought in RE 2! Why did I become such a douche? "

Next game....

Chris: " Leon wtf did you do to the zombies? "

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty sure RE4 didn't take place in Mexico...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom