Resident Evil 5

Best answers
Looks interesting. It'll be nice to see how RE4's gameplay mechanics work in a city style environment. I wonder if we'll still be able to dive out of windows and block doors and such? Shame you don't play as Leon again. He's probably my favourite RE character in the series, and I got quite attached to playing as him in 4. Definitely looking forward to this one though, if it's anything like as good as 4 I'll enjoy every second of it.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the forum.. Got anymore SF-related forums?! =D

Best answers
What, no revolution? Oh boy, how i would hate to be a mod on the nintendo gaming boards everywhere right now. I can see the pattern and the headlines.

Res Evil Goes Next Gen, Skips Nintendo

Revolution left out in the cold as Capcom's super series heads to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.!!

Microsoft Fanboys: Nintendo is Dead, even though us and other fanbases have been saying it for over 20 years now and it still has happen yet, its going to finally happen this time. Nintendo is for kids.

Sony Fanboys: Welcome Home Baby!!!Capcom was here first anyway. You nintendo fanboys just got screwed. Oh yea nintendo is kiddy and microsoft sucks as well.

Nintendo Fan: We have no actual Defense due mainly to too lack of info. Check back at the end of year and we will gladly insult you then in denial. Thank You. And oh yea....SSB3>>>>>>Everything Else.

Anyway back on topic, well other then that, its good news, i cant wait im really looking forward to playing every resident evil game from here on out every since part 4. I hope chris isnt the main character though, i wanted jill or claire myself or even rebecca, just anyone but chris. I hope the story is good this time around as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont see whats the big deal. Resident Evil originated on the Sony Playstation (and Sega Saturn), but the rest of the series proceeded with Sony. All capcom did was make a bunch of better looking remakes (though IMO RE1 Remake is the best one - I also still like Veronica). Im probably the only person that hated Resident Evil 4. That game had crappy gameplay mechanics IMO.

"Jump behind the giant troll!" *mash the button*

I also thought it was stupid how Leon would punch/kick his enemies when ever he was grabbed and then their head just blows up. Leon doesn't have Tyrant powers to be doing **** like that.

I did like some other parts of the game and some of the scenes however. I just hate how Capcom took the game 6 years later. I wish Capcom would finish a ****ing series and stop making prequels or going to the future.

Resident Evil 1-3 & Code Veronica (the real RE4 IMO).

Then... Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil 1-3 remakes > Resident Evil 4 (6 years later), Capcom killed Umbrella for us... that was the whole fricken point to playing the previous games, to make umbrella pay... I wonder how the **** RE5's Chris will have a connection w/ Code Veronica's plot. Afterall, it is a few years later. WtF has Chris been doing all that time? Jerking off?

Best answers
I hope RE5's plot has nothing to do with code veronicas plot. The relief I felt when I found out that RE4 had nothing to do with umbrella was incredible. I was getting so sick of the same stuff happening again and again. That's not mentioning how tedious the game play was getting as the series got older. The RE1 remake was alright, just because of the few new game play mechanics they added in, but RE4 finally introduced game play that made sense. I mean, you had the ability to properly aim! Enemies that had some intelligence! Doors that could be shot to pieces!
Also, I find it hard to comprehend why you might like "run around in a square pattern, let of a few rounds, run around in a square pattern some more" to "Jump behind the giant troll! *mash the button*". Besides, it's not like that's all you did, you had to shoot him just like in all RE games, it's just in RE4 it's fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You dont need to worry. Code Veronica is over. However, the things that tie w/ wesker have completely been ignored. Im still waiting for Weskers organization to fully reveal itself...

Everything that happened in that island, ended in that island. The entier Ashford family is dead. If you hung out in RE Communities and analyzed the previous games over, you would understand just how interesting the Resident Evil plot has become (especially in Code Veronica).

I recommend you check out this Resident Evil story synopsis by President Evil:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/resident_evil_plot.txt

I could explain to you everything in the RE Universe, but I hope you take the time to look through that plot guide, it is really interesting as it provides alot of information in the RE universe (from all RE games). That guy puts all of the peices together.

Weskers Report was also interesting. I also remember downloading that video on some RE fan site. I always thought that Hunk, would be in the next Resident Evil game since he had alot of connections.

Heres a copy and paste of weskers report incase anyone missed out, though the DVD/video is much more interesting:

"My name is Albert Wesker.

I aspired to become a leading researcher at Umbrella Inc. A pharmaceutical
enterprise who covertly conduction Bio Organic Weapons, better known as B.O.W.,
for development. But at the leader development training ground situated in
Raccoon City, I met a brilliant and talented researcher who decided to take a
different path - William Birkin.

In time I shifted my position to S.T.A.R.S., a special forces unit of the
Raccoon Police Department. Umbrella, for crisis management reasons of their
illegal Bio Organic Weapons development had many of it's people working in the
police department.

I became the leader of S.T.A.R.S. and conducted all sorts of intelligence
activities for Umbrella. As I continued to serve I devised my own plans and
waited for the right moment to execute them.

Then at last, opportunity knocked.

- 1998 - July - 7.24 -

The freak murder incidents had occurred in the forest near the mansion started
it all. The mansion was Umbrella's secret BOW laboratory and it was clear that
the in development T-Virus was the cause of the murder.

Initially, Umbrella instructed me secretively to keep S.T.A.R.S. out of the
case, but with the heightened emotions of the citizens S.T.A.R.S. had no choice
but to move in.

That was when my next order was given. Dispatch S.T.A.R.S. to the mansion,
dispose of them, then report the situation to headquarters so that their combat
with the B.O.W. could be used for data analysis allowing Umbrella a
comprehensive portrait of the B.O.W.'s combat abilities.

From the 2 S.T.A.R.S. teams I first pitched in the Bravo Team. As expected, the
top elite of S.T.A.R.S. gave all they had and became useful sample data. Then
following, I geared up the Alpha Team to "search and rescue" the lost Bravo
Team. The members of the Alpha Team also proved their worth and as expected
many died.

There were 5 Survivors from the initial 11 S.T.A.R.S. members. From the Alpha
Team were Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, and Barry Burton. And from the Bravo
Team were Rebecca Chambers and Enrico Marini.

It was time to begin executing my plans. In the midst of the whole affair I
could take Umbrella's ultimate Bio-Organic Weapon, the Tyrant, and join forces
with an opposing corporation of Umbrella. To buy into that opposing corporation
I would need the actual combat data of the Tyrant.

The surviving privileged members of S.T.A.R.S. were just the perfect bait. I
decided to have one of them play the Judas and draw them to the Tyrant.

That Judas was Barry.

Barry was the strong truth and justice kind and cherished his family more than
anything. His type is easy to manipulate. I just took that most important thing
away from him. My only miscalculation was the high potential of Chris and Jill.
But with the family man Barry playing Judas the scheme went as planned.

Then the winds turned unexpectedly.

I had to eliminate Enrico who found out what was behind it all. I used Barry to
get to him. After I successfully got rid of that nuisance I awaited the sample
specimen that Barry would bring to me in the Tyrants room.

I injected the virus I obtained from Birkin in advance. If I made Umbrella
believe I was dead, it made it far more convenient to sell myself to the
opposing corporation. According to Birkin the virus had profound effects. It
would put my body in a state of temporary "death." It would then bring me back
to life with super human powers. Therefor I unleashed an awesome Tyrant from
its slumber and let it attack me.

As my consciousness faded away I was certain that the whole scheme would end in
success.

Never did I imagine that S.T.A.R.S. could slay the evil creation. I lost the
Tyrant and the plan I devised which cost me my humanity ended in failure. Now
anything and anyone who stood in my way would be terminated. It's been that way
for a long time and it always will be. At all costs I had to make S.T.A.R.S.
pay.

- September -

Two months had passed since the mansion incident. To regain everything I had
lost in my new organization I joined hands with Ada Wong, a female agent who
was also sent to spy on Umbrella.

I knew in my bones that the key developer was William Birkin, but what he
didn't know was that Umbrella did not play games... with anyone. Eventually,
Birkin would be assassinated, and the G-Virus would be in the hands of
Umbrella.

But the salvage team led by Hunk was ahead of us. By the time they got to
Birkin, he'd already injected himself with the G-Virus... he became his own
creation, and decimated them.

Soon after, the T-Virus carried by rats spread throughout Raccoon City, and
Umbrella faced its worst scenario.

- 9.28 -

The good citizens became zombies, and the city had headed for its devastating
fate. Humans were no match against zombies.

In the chaos, Umbrella Europe applied a new type B.O.W., called "Nemesis". The
Nemesis would hunt down and destroy the surviving member of S.T.A.R.S., Jill.
It became imperative that our organization would also obtain the Nemesis data.

- 9.29 -

To cover up the whole affair, Umbrella jettisoned a Tyrant to take care of Leon
and Claire, who were trying to unveil their secrets.

Then, a new revelation. Birkin used to hide the findings of his studies in his
daughter Sherry's pendant. It was very possible that the G-Virus was there.
While Umbrella was busy with their cover up, we had to capture Sherry before
they did. I sent Ada undercover to seek the location of Sherry. I, the "dead
man" on the other hand, had to work in the shadows.

A spy's obligation and priority is in the mission, to carry out the mission
like a machine without any emotional interference.

But through her interaction and involvement with Leon S. Kennedy, there'd been
an affection growing inside her.

My instincts sensed danger, something had to be done, quickly. My instincts did
not disappoint me. Even though Ada almost had her hands on the G-Virus, which
Leon had acquired from Sherry, that affection of hers drove her to her death.
But she was still of some use. I had to save her life. My people hurried to
retrieve the G-Virus that Leon threw away. But Hunk, the only survivor of
Umbrella's salvage team, was there before us.

- 9.30 -

Our only option left was to bring back Birkin, the monster, as the sample
specimen and have him finish off Leon and Claire in order to obtain his combat
data. Although Birkin lost the battle to Leon and Claire, we succeeded in
gathering samples of the G-Virus from his dead body.

- 10.1 -

In the morning the government bombed Raccoon City in an attempt to stop for the
viral outbreak. This was, of course, their feigned reason.

Later, Claire left for Europe to find her lost brother Chris, and Leon joined
forces with a underground anti-Umbrella organization.

Sherry is safe in our hands. I would never underestimate Birkin.

There's something about this little girl..."
What you basically find out is how the purpose of the T-Virus and the G-Virus was to create an army of super humans. Wesker was the only one to acheive that state without losing his mind and decaying/dying like everybody else.

-----------------------

Edit: Hopefully, RE4 will lead into the direction that I want the story to take place, and that is because wesker is trying to revive Umbrella now that hese got samples of pretty much every Bio Organic Weapon. However. I would still like to know what organization wesker was working for during the time in Code Veronica.

Ada doesn't share the same motives as Wesker, so she will probably betray him (and she is still human).

Theres also a Weskers Report 2 which I remember reading a while back, however. I donno where to find it (though its probably in that FAQ). It goes more indepth with Birkin, Spencer and Weskers past and well as the mystery behind Lisa Trevor and some other things.

Best answers
I'll give this stuff a read through later, thanks.
Gah, you've kind of made me want to replay the entire series though now damn it :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was actually replaying RE2 and RE3 the other day. I beat both already again.

Anyway, if you click the original link I posted above, you'll see I updaetd the thread on my forum.

Probably the most important part of that update. Is the trailer, which you can see here:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/residentevil5/media.html?gcst=re5_ot_ps3_072105.asx

It looks like its back to Zombies (or so it seems...). When the group of "Slow walking shadowy figures" are shown running, im thinking that Capcom is going back to the RE Remake style (Crimson Heads!).

They made the RE1 Remake way more interesting, running zombies, thats pwnage. Come on Capcom... dont let me down... head for a plot that leans toward Wesker... PLEASE!!!

Though, if it does lean to that, RE4 was pointless.

Because Ada obviously doesn't have the same intentions as Wesker (though she works for him)... Wesker has obtained all of the virus samples and is looking into reviving/taking over umbrella himself... If anything Ada is probably doing this for personal gain. But what does she have to gain?

Maybe her boyfriend, John didn't die, but instead works for the same mysterious organization that Wesker works for... Meh, too early to go into theories/asumptions.

Best answers
It looks like its back to Zombies (or so it seems...). When the group of "Slow walking shadowy figures" are shown running, im thinking that Capcom is going back to the RE Remake style (Crimson Heads!).
Hmm, I'm not sure about going back to zombies. The crimson heads were an awesome addition in the remake, but whatever they were in RE4 were another step up. It'll be dissapointing if I'm only fighting the same shambling brain dead zombies that I was in the previous games. Making the enemies smarter in RE4 gave a real sense of panic to the action, especially near the beggining of the game in the village when they swamped you in the houses and such. Also, if they're only regular zombies, that means no more chainsaw guy :( He was one of the scariest enemies in any game.

As for the RE4 story line being pointless, I wouldn't rule anything out until you've actually played the new game. I've got no doubt they'll either carry on some of the story elements in RE5, or decide that they want to take the story started in RE4 in a completely different direction in a later game. Kind of the same universe, but almost completely unrelated story line if you know what I mean - just little bits here and there as it was in RE4. I think I'd personally prefer the latter, as it would keep things fresh if they alternated between two core story lines as the series grows.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what it seems is that "The Plagas" will not be returning anytime soon. Even though the island blew up, im not ruling out that theres a possibility that atleast one of those things survived. But I think The Plagues were only relevant to RE4's storyline.

To me those things didn't really have anything to do w/ the original plot. And Ada was just there to obviously collect a sample of those things for Wesker's sample collections (is he planning on gulping down all the viruses or creating the ultimate being? Like Lisa Trevor - she was literally immortal).

It appears that in RE5, Chris is in some sort of Mexican town. From one of the previous posts I read Umbrella is probably still up and running but only in one more location in the world. After all, they were a big corporation.

I didn't really like the Plague scenario. And I really dont mind going back to fighting "Brainless walking zombies". Thats what they are. And besides you gotta admit, on your first/second play through the game is always hard. Well, thats when you constantly change the difficulty level. What they need to do is bring back those smart ass Hunters, atleast they dodge and try to tear off your head as soon as possible. Then there are lickers, and who knows, there might be another nemesis. Meh.

I dont know about RE5, but like in previous RE games (1-3) puzzles change and enemies take longer to die. It'd be really cool to see hunters in RE5. All this talk is actually making me want to replay Code Veronica... That game had a true atmosphere of horror.

I think I like Code Veronica the most next to RE2. But I still feel Capcom wasted my time w/ RE4. They should've gotten straight to the point (and not take the game 6 years later because now it makes you wonder wtf is so important that Chris/Jill/Leon have been doing all those years - especially w/ wesker still running around - I doubt its taking 6 years for them to engage in hot persuit w/ the bad guys).

Best answers
From what it seems is that "The Plagas" will not be returning anytime soon. Even though the island blew up, im not ruling out that theres a possibility that atleast one of those things survived. But I think The Plagues were only relevant to RE4's storyline.
No doubt they'll appear in a later RE game, even if not in RE5. Just like you'll be dissapointed if the story doesn't follow Wesker in RE5, I'll be dissapointed if the story doesn't inlcude the las plagas again.

I didn't really like the Plague scenario. And I really dont mind going back to fighting "Brainless walking zombies". Thats what they are. And besides you gotta admit, on your first/second play through the game is always hard. Well, thats when you constantly change the difficulty level.
The games were always hard yes, but not because of the zombies. They were always very easy to kill, and didn't scare me in the slightest. The difficulty came from some of the tougher monsters. Then you've got to remember that on top of zombies being stupid, RE5 will incorporate the RE4 game play features. I fear that taking them down with RE4's aiming system will be painfully easy. I'll miss having zombies trying to break down doors and climb through windows to own me. They could at least have some kind of excuse to making the zombies smarter, for example, they develop a better virus. Still, the main thing I'm going to miss is the chainsaw guy :(

What they need to do is bring back those smart ass Hunters, atleast they dodge and try to tear off your head as soon as possible. Then there are lickers, and who knows, there might be another nemesis. Meh.
Now this I agree with :D
The Hunters were awesome enemies - some of the best in the RE games infact. I remember first meating them in RE1, I nearly crapped myself. The only reason they were so hard though is because they were quite fast, and combined with old RE aiming systems that made for quite a challenge. With a bit of a revamp though, I can see them being pretty scary in the new game.

But I still feel Capcom wasted my time w/ RE4. They should've gotten straight to the point (and not take the game 6 years later because now it makes you wonder wtf is so important that Chris/Jill/Leon have been doing all those years - especially w/ wesker still running around - I doubt its taking 6 years for them to engage in hot persuit w/ the bad guys)
I don't get what you mean by "straight to the point". Do you mean they should have continued the "main" RE story line? If so, I'd still disagree. It was a refreshing change, and besides, they might tie it to the main story line anyway.
As for the "6 years later" part, I don't know why they did that either. I seem to remember in RE4, it says in the introduction that Umbrella got pwned, so it's not like Leon would have been doing anything with that. I guess it's just for the story to make sense; I doubt Leon could have gone from a police officer to working for the government over night. Also, again, they could tie that 6 year gap in with the next games. Maybe RE5 is set during that time?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No doubt they'll appear in a later RE game, even if not in RE5. Just like you'll be dissapointed if the story doesn't follow Wesker in RE5, I'll be dissapointed if the story doesn't inlcude the las plagas again.
Your the first person I know, that has said they liked The Plagas. Even people that have told me they liked RE4, hated the idea of the Plagas. They did just like the concept of the enemy being smarter, but the whole Plagas scenario, they did find kinda stupid.

The games were always hard yes, but not because of the zombies. They were always very easy to kill, and didn't scare me in the slightest. The difficulty came from some of the tougher monsters. Then you've got to remember that on top of zombies being stupid, RE5 will incorporate the RE4 game play features. I fear that taking them down with RE4's aiming system will be painfully easy. I'll miss having zombies trying to break down doors and climb through windows to own me. They could at least have some kind of excuse to making the zombies smarter, for example, they develop a better virus. Still, the main thing I'm going to miss is the chainsaw guy :(
Before I go on, i'd just like to say, that Chain Saw guy was rediculously strong. I remember shooting him like 10 times in the head WITH the shotgun, and throwing a grenade at him while he was running up the stair case to the first house you barricade yourself in. And the guy was still getting up.

Now, onto that comment about Zombies. The Zombies in Resident Evil weren't totally harmless if:

You have to admit, the placement of these zombies across the RE games were kinda harsh, sometimes you had 3 zombies coming at you from three diffrent directions. If it weren't diffrent directions then later on in the game you'd be meeting a mob of them.

However, I think the game would be more challenging if reload was forced to be during gameplay (I cheat and pull of instant reloads in the inventory screen). If you can learn to play the game by reloading w/o going to the menu its pretty challenging as well.

Aside from all of that, there are other things that can make zombies a threat. The fixed cameras, your first or second playthrough of the game, depending on the difficulty of the game, there are zombies (sometimes even more) in locations where they hadn't spawned on a previous difficulty.

Now this I agree with
The Hunters were awesome enemies - some of the best in the RE games infact. I remember first meating them in RE1, I nearly crapped myself. The only reason they were so hard though is because they were quite fast, and combined with old RE aiming systems that made for quite a challenge. With a bit of a revamp though, I can see them being pretty scary in the new game.
I thought they were pretty scary in Code Veronica (since there were diffrent types), not to mention they were twice as powerful as the Hunters in previous RE games. And there were diffrent types as well, one type would inflict poison on you. Aside from that, the look they carried in Code Veronica was kinda frightening, atleast to me, those things were bigger than claire =/ its like they were lifting weights.

I don't get what you mean by "straight to the point". Do you mean they should have continued the "main" RE story line? If so, I'd still disagree. It was a refreshing change, and besides, they might tie it to the main story line anyway.
As for the "6 years later" part, I don't know why they did that either. I seem to remember in RE4, it says in the introduction that Umbrella got pwned, so it's not like Leon would have been doing anything with that. I guess it's just for the story to make sense; I doubt Leon could have gone from a police officer to working for the government over night. Also, again, they could tie that 6 year gap in with the next games. Maybe RE5 is set during that time?
What you dont seem to understand is that, starting from Code Veronica, it was just the beginning of a new plot twist. Umbrella may have still be alive after the events of Code Veronica, but im talking about chasing wesker down. And during the time that Claire was in Code Veronica, she had gotten in touch with Leon. She sent him an e-mail (dont know if you remember that part but its around the beginning of the game). And Leon was doing something to stop Umbrella before the events of RE4.

Aside from all of that, Wesker revealed his true intentions in CV - Starting from Code Veronica, Umbrella simply ended up getting owned by not only the officers of the Racoon City Police Department, but by their own men, and their own spies. The ashfor family may have been working with Umbrella, but they had developed a virus of their own (Veronica Virus).

And go knows what the heck it is that Claire was doing in the beginning of the game, it was next explained... as I said before, I suggest you look at the FAQ I linked to, its really interesting indeed.

I want to know now... what the **** have Carlos and Jill been doing after 6 years. Seriously, they should've made the next RE game (RE5) a multi-character game like RE2. They already screwed up alot of things with RE4. RE4 is a new beginning, but it may have been a new beginning for nothing - as in, just a waste of time. If the only goal of that game was for Wesker to get his hands on another sample thats retarded, they could've stuck with T/G/Veronica Virus and made something out of that.

1. Claire and Chris Redfield have both survived; as usual,
it was through the creative employ of self-destruct mechanisms.
(If Umbrella ever really wanted to kill Chris, all they'd have
to do is lure him someplace without a self-destruct device.)

2. Albert Wesker has also survived. By the time of RE4, he's
managed to patch that unfortunate facial burn right up.

3. Steve Burnside may or may not be dead.

4. Rodrigo Juan Raval did not survive. ("I have a cool look,
a great voice actor, and lots of potential... which is why
I'll be killed after three lines of dialogue." Thanks, Nippy.)

5. Alexander, Alexia, and Alfred Ashford are dead. Unless a
distant relative shows up in a future game, the "proud
Ashford family" has died out.

6. Albert Wesker has a new employer. That employer is
apparently a competitor of Umbrella's in the field of
biological research and warfare, and is just as cutthroat
as Umbrella is.

7. Umbrella is not the only company performing research on the
T-Virus. As a matter of fact, they have vicious competition
in that particular field (as embodied by Wesker and his "new
employer"). If Chris and company *do* destroy Umbrella, their
problems may just be beginning.

8. Edward Ashford and "Lord" Ozwell Spencer founded Umbrella.
We don't know exactly how old this makes Umbrella, but it places
its founding within the last hundred years or so, as Edward was
Alexia and Alfred's "grandfather."

9. Ashford and Spencer also discovered the "mother virus."

10. Umbrella is still making Tyrants, and seems to have
ironed most of the kinks out of them.

11. Umbrella is far more powerful than was previously thought.

12. Albert Wesker stole Steve Burnside's body before he escaped.
Whoever Wesker's working for has a sample of Alexia's virus.
Thats a summary of the conclusion to Code Veronica.

Best answers
What you dont seem to understand is that, starting from Code Veronica, it was just the beginning of a new plot twist.Umbrella may have still be alive after the events of Code Veronica, but im talking about chasing wesker down. And during the time that Claire was in Code Veronica, she had gotten in touch with Leon. She sent him an e-mail (dont know if you remember that part but its around the beginning of the game). And Leon was doing something to stop Umbrella before the events of RE4.
Well im not the biggest resident evil fan, but i played some of the games and remembered some things that happen so bare with me. But, what do you mean by the plot twist "left off by Code Veronica"? The part where Chris says it's time to take down Umbrella once and for all? Wow, that really moves the plot in a whole new direction. It just reminds me so much of the other ones. Some examples are like the endings of resident evil 2 and 3.

Leon RE2: " Hey, it's up to us to take out Umbrella "

Jill RE3: " That's it! Umbrella's going down! "

Practically all games after RE1 and before RE4 talk about having to take down Umbrella, and in RE4, it showed us that Umbrella did in fact get taken down. They stock market crashed which can happen in reality, and the company just no longer exsisted. In code veronica, sure wesker made a return and now we know his intentions so far, but what's not to understand? We know wesker might be trying to re-build umbrella, thats just great, and that's going to take some time.

Why is it so important to know what the others were doing those 6 years? they were probally trying to live out there lives normally or something. Either way, i don't think it's anything that can't be explained through files and documents that you pick up. It's going to be plotholes in this game everytime you play either way. They do it on purpose to continue it in the same or new direction leaving people in wonder of what happened here and there at the time which will all be explained in time either way.

I don't understand why people just don't make assumptions or speculations for things that haven't been explained yet until it has all been explained.

That is acourse, unless, do you mean plot points specific to the resident evil games? like things regarding the fued between Chris and Wesker, or Wesker taking Steve and hinting that he could be brought back to life, or some other point(s)? I suppose if Chris is in fact the main character of RE5, there's a chance that the Chris/Wesker rivalry could reach its next stage, but other then that, i really dont see how people think the story just pulled a 180 or something. It was simple to understand, umbrella was said to be gone, leon was assigned to a mission regarding the president's daughter and he came across some things similar to what he already had experinced.

I think hardcore resident evil fans are being a little impatient, just because they skipped 6 years dosen't mean they can't make games during those events. Just look at resident evil 0, it was way behind it's time.

I want to know now... what the **** have Carlos and Jill been doing after 6 years. Seriously, they should've made the next RE game (RE5) a multi-character game like RE2. They already screwed up alot of things with RE4. RE4 is a new beginning, but it may have been a new beginning for nothing - as in, just a waste of time. If the only goal of that game was for Wesker to get his hands on another sample thats retarded, they could've stuck with T/G/Veronica Virus and made something out of that.
You said that resident evil 4 might of been a new begining, but if so, then why or how was that goal retarted or pointless, when there's not even enough information behind everything about the virus and we barley know all of wesker intentions? Also, why stick with one of those virus when they can just expand upon that? this could all be leading up to an ultimate resident evil game, i don't see how it's pointless to throw in another virus in the mix, it's obvious wesker has something huge planned isn't it? Also i don't see how that was the only goal of the game, as far as i know, the president's daughter was the only true goal of the game in my oppion. The whole wesker and ada ordeal, was something more like an extra too me.

I can understand your dissapointment with the story overall though because as a resident evil game, it wasn't really done well. The story was ok, the puzzels were too easy, it didn't have any zombies, and ect. But as a game in general it was amazing, with innovative cutscenes. Some things even turned out to play better, like the villagers, we should really have zombies at that level of smartness. The camera system was so much better then the other games. The weather conditions were nice as well and the boss fights were some of the best boss fights in gaming history, its up there with ninja gadien. I just look at resident evil 4 myself as testing grounds for the new gameplay mechanics which is why i just cant really be all that dissapointed.

I thought they were pretty scary in Code Veronica (since there were diffrent types), not to mention they were twice as powerful as the Hunters in previous RE games. And there were diffrent types as well, one type would inflict poison on you. Aside from that, the look they carried in Code Veronica was kinda frightening, atleast to me, those things were bigger than claire =/ its like they were lifting weights.
I dont see how you found anything in code veronica creepy, frightening, or scary, that game was the least scary if anything.

I dont think nothing touches resident evil 3. It kept my heartbeating fast all the way through in hopes that every corner i turn the music dosen't start playing and that tyrant starts chasing me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well im not the biggest resident evil fan, but i played some of the games and remembered some things that happen so bare with me. But, what do you mean by the plot twist "left off by Code Veronica"? The part where Chris says it's time to take down Umbrella once and for all? Wow, that really moves the plot in a whole new direction. It just reminds me so much of the other ones. Some examples are like the endings of resident evil 2 and 3.

Leon RE2: " Hey, it's up to us to take out Umbrella "

Jill RE3: " That's it! Umbrella's going down! "

Practically all games after RE1 and before RE4 talk about having to take down Umbrella, and in RE4, it showed us that Umbrella did in fact get taken down.
Then what was the point of playing Resident Evil 1-3?

Umbrella markets its bioweapons. Before Dead Aim, this was an assumption; now we know for sure. Seriously, Capcom is just lazy at finishing off their games (Megaman > Megaman X > Megaman Zero! 100 years after, X hurrah!).

Heres a little information about Dead Aim-

Chris's dramatic statement at the end of Code Veronica seems to, have lost some of its impact. Here we are, four years later, and Umbrella's still around. When you consider Dead Aim, with agents of the American and Chinese governments who're both specifically tasked with stopping Umbrella, Umbrella's destruction couldn't've been as quiet or civilized a process as RE4's introduction makes it out to be.

Dead aim may have been an uncharacteristic game, but it still held relevance to the previous RE games (The Spencer Rain obviously belongs to the same Spencer who owns the mansion in the arklay mountains).

Here's an interesting point: why does Wesker want Leon's body (cf. Krauser's Notes)? (Yeah, it could just be hyperbole, but this is Resident Evil and Wesker's got a thing for body collection.)

And why would Wesker go after Leon's body 6 years later? Because by Wesker's Report, Wesker was there keeping an eye on Leon and Ada through out all of RE2. Capcom has pretty much ruined the plot after RE2, RE3 makes little sense. Code Veronica made more sense than RE3, and its simply because it was a sequel towards Claire and Chris's side of the story, where as they could've done something better with "Jill and Carlos being in Raccoon City at the same time as Leon and Claire". Also Veronica holds more relevance to RE1 and RE2 than in RE3. Its proven in the files you pick up along the game (heck, the plot itself holds relevance to RE1, and its not just wesker, but the Ashford family)- and there is nothing in Code Veronica that relates to RE3.

The reasons for this is because:

-In RE3, Raccoon City was barricaded on all corners and sealed = So how the heck did Claire and Leon gain access to the city when you see them arriving from outside of town?

-Regardless of that, even if they did get to the city a day earlier, there would be cops and military police telling Leon and Claire that they are not allowed to enter the city because of the outbreak.

Another thing is people giving excuses about how Brad Vickers became a Zombie in RE2 simply because he was killed outside of the Police Station by Nemesis. It may not be important but for those of you that continue to beleive it: Brad did not come back as a Zombie.

Nemesis shoved a tentacle through his head, and all severe injuries or dislocation or beheading of the head will simply not allow reanimation (Meaning the T/G any virus will not bring Brad back alive because a tentacle went through his head - RE explains this).

And there are other things in RE3 that make no sense to the previous games which I wont even bother to mention.

Some things even turned out to play better, like the villagers, we should really have zombies at that level of smartness.
That will kill the whole purpose of the T-Virus. Also, the plagues weren't even a virus, they were just ancient parasites that were sealed away underneath the castle where Leon was in RE4. That holds no relevance to anything in any previous RE game. Yet RE4 still clings to Wesker and Ada and tries to hint a connection when no past RE games mention anything about Plagas. I would really like to see how Capcom pulls this off.

Yes, it is a new story, and we've yet to see how Leons story follows through. But if its a new story, why bother giving it the title of Resident Evil 4? The events that happened in Code Veronica were more logical than that of the events in RE4. And thats simply because Capcom didn't kill Umbrella for you, which was the point to playing the game - it seems like killing Umbrella for you is capcoms excuse to continue the series, but they got lazy because even I could've thought of a better way to keep the series alive.

I dont see how you found anything in code veronica creepy, frightening, or scary, that game was the least scary if anything.
I never said anything about the game being scary, creepy or frightening, I was just simply saying that the Hunters in Code Veronica were way more dangerous than in other Resident Evil (there were 4 types of Hunters, the elite class being the most powerful and the fastest - then there were others that could poison you).

Why is it so important to know what the others were doing those 6 years? they were probally trying to live out there lives normally or something.
Its important because the game has (or had) a storyline.

Seriously, with the confusions of RE0, RE3, RE4, and the 2 RE movies (and yes, the RE movies do not hold relevance to the series, I know that), I wonder what the hell, is capcom going to do to straighten out the series. How are you going to throw Jill Valentine's character in a movie that holds no relevance to what shes going through the game?

The plot is more tied and twisted than that of the plot in the Street Fighter games. The only plot that makes sense to me is RE1/RE2/RECV. Resident Evil remake unloosens some things from RE1, so I would put the remake over the original. Resident Evil Zero also has connections with many things left in previous RE games, but there are still alot of mistakes (like Marcus claiming that he is co-founder/creator of the progenitor when the previous games say other wise).

Either way, I see Zero as nothing but an interesting scenario of the things Rebecca has been through before RE1. I doubt Billy will be making any appearances in the future, however.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RE4 was my first Resident Evil game, and I loved it. I never much cared for the old control system, way too clunky and unflexible.

I didn't find RE4 to be particularly scary, but I loved every second of it, and it managed to really surprise me at times. It had good gameplay that kept pushing you forward, urging to search every inch for treasure and whatnot so you can improve your weapons and equipment. The only thing I didn't really like was that Ashley was around you for such a long time in the game. I liked the parts where I was on my own better, then I didn't have to worry about Ashley getting killed or kidnapped.

Best answers
(and yes, the RE movies do not hold relevance to the series, I know that),
That's not true at all. I know most people were brought to think that, but that's not true. Capcom gave Paul Anderson and the studio (Screen Gems) access into their archives or simply put RE info. Although im sure you know it, RE has had more potential plots written for games, then probally any game series ever. Paul read about Resident Evil: Ground Zero which was a story revolving around what happens prior to RE0, and explains how the whole outbreak happened, and what a surprise that the original title for the RE movie was RE: Ground Zero. Anderson didnt really do anything diffirent with the plot, it was totally relevant to the series. They only added more to it. If Paul had written the movie like he does all his other movies, it wouldn't of stuck to the canon (official storyline) the way it did.

The movies tie more into the series more then you think. It's just alot of hidden information that never really reached the public. Capcom was actually thinking about tying Alice into games a while ago way before code veronica came up, along with other elements weve seen in the movies released, plus they were also thinking about combining RE2 and RE3 into one game if remade, as they take place during the sametime.

Another thing, the next movie RE: Afterlife that coming out, uses one of the unused plots for RE4. The very first plot developed for RE4 was going to bring back all the major characters (Chris, Jill, Claire, Leon, etc, etc) into one game where they team up to take down Umbrella's HQ in Europe which is probally what you wanted too see. However they wrote it as if it were to be the last RE game. As i said before all those plotholes wouldve been filled and there would be nothing left to continue the series (This is why Resident Evil 4 took a whole new direction)so they of course dropped it when they relized they wanted to keep making sequels.

(Capcom registered the domain names www.residentevil5.com and www.biohazzard5.com shortly after they announced RE4)

I never said anything about the game being scary, creepy or frightening, I was just simply saying that the Hunters in Code Veronica were way more dangerous than in other Resident Evil (there were 4 types of Hunters, the elite class being the most powerful and the fastest - then there were others that could poison you).

I thought they were pretty scary in Code Veronica (since there were diffrent types), not to mention they were twice as powerful as the Hunters in previous RE games. Aside from that, the look they carried in Code Veronica was kinda frightening, atleast to me, those things were bigger than claire =/ its like they were lifting weights.
I do think you said they were scary am i wrong? It looks that way too me. So in a sense you were implying that the game had some scare factors in it for you, in your previous post. I understand that the hunters were more dangerous but that dosen't take away from the fact that you said they were scary and frightening, i don't see why you end tried to deny that. It's as clear as day.

Also, all the things youve just metion about being as plotholes, i apoligize, i honestly had no idea it was that many. Ive only played Resident Evil 3, Resident evil Code Veronica, and Resident evil 4 myself so i really don't know much about dead aim (which i thought was just a side game) the file outbreak games, resident evil 1 or 2 and ect. Ive just read reviews about them and seen some scenes, nothing more, maybe i"ll play through them and see whats going on soon.

That will kill the whole purpose of the T-Virus. Also, the plagues weren't even a virus, they were just ancient parasites that were sealed away underneath the castle where Leon was in RE4. That holds no relevance to anything in any previous RE game.
But how can you make such an assumption about the game not holding any relevance to the previous resident evil titles when it has just been introduced? Also then, what is the full purpose of the T-Virus?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got not comment on your first three paragraphs, though I can argue with what you said about RE movies tying in w/ the Games. What you said has made me unsure, but i'll look into.

Aside from that, Alice being implemented into RE2/3 would be irrational and unreasonable. Especially after they have stuck w/ Resident Evil's plot since Code Veronica. I highly do doubt that alice was planned before CV, but that doesn't change the fact that Capcom did nothing about it, even if it was before CV. Alice is 3 games too late, and the events from the movies have already passed. Also, the movie takes place in the year 2002, where as the game takes begins and takes place in 1998 (Dead Aim begins in 2002 btw).

This doesn't interest me, and im not relying on it, but I thought you might wanna take a look at what President Evil thinks of the RE movie (he is the guy who wrote that huge FAQ I linked):

===============================
15vii. RESIDENT EVIL: THE MOVIE
===============================

Q. Hey, have you seen the (first) movie?

A. Naturally. You can read my review of the film in my column,
"Signal to Noise," in the "Specials" archives at gamepartisan.com.
It's listed as the second "episode" of the column, for some reason.

Q. Is the movie based on the games, or what?

A. Paul Anderson would have you believe the film's a prequel,
but it really isn't. There was some handwaving in that general
direction with the first movie (with the notable exception of
the fact that it takes place in 2002, four years after the
first game), but the second film departs from the games'
storyline entirely.

Q. If the film's a prequel, then where does it take place?

A. In the high-tech laboratories underneath the Arklay mansion.

Q. Hey, there's this line about the "Nemesis Project," and--

A. I know, thanks.

Q. Hey, [event in movie] figures into the games' plot.

A. No, it's pretty much official now that it doesn't. The first
movie's set in a completely new mansion with new characters, four
years later, whereas the second rewrites RE3 in the proud
tradition of fanfiction.net. Let's wash our hands of this
before someone mentions alternate universes or "post-Crisis RE"
or something.

Q. Will you summarize the film in this document?

A. Nope. It's no longer relevant.

I do think you said they were scary am i wrong? It looks that way too me. So in a sense you were implying that the game had some scare factors in it for you, in your previous post. I understand that the hunters were more dangerous but that dosen't take away from the fact that you said they were scary and frightening, i don't see why you end tried to deny that. It's as clear as day.

It was just a way of expressing the image/attributes of the Hunters in Code Veronica. If you only go about bolding over the areas where I mentioned the words "Frightening" and "Scary" while looking into the rest that I have said on that paragraph as meaningless, of course your only goinna see that.

I thought they were pretty scary in Code Veronica (since there were diffrent types), not to mention they were twice as powerful as the Hunters in previous RE games. - Implying that they each carried diffrent attributes - speed, poison, strength. While the first hunter(s) you meet are Neutral.

Aside from that, the look they carried in Code Veronica was kinda frightening, atleast to me, those things were bigger than claire =/ its like they were lifting weights. - Implying that their image in Code Veronica was more threatning that in previous RE games.

I have have probably over exagurated a bit on the words I used. But that is what I originally ment. Anyway, lets drop this, its got nothing to do with what we're currently arguing about :p

Also, all the things youve just metion about being as plotholes, i apoligize, i honestly had no idea it was that many. Ive only played Resident Evil 3, Resident evil Code Veronica, and Resident evil 4 myself so i really don't know much about dead aim (which i thought was just a side game) the file outbreak games, resident evil 1 or 2 and ect. Ive just read reviews about them and seen some scenes, nothing more, maybe i"ll play through them and see whats going on soon.
Dead Aim is a side game, it wields a side-story, but it still holds relevance to the previous games. If they ignore the events of Dead Aim (which are 4 yrs later - and umbrella is still around) <- then the development of this game was pointless. RE: Outbreak holds no relevance, its just a multiplayer game.

But how can you make such an assumption about the game not holding any relevance to the previous resident evil titles when it has just been introduced? Also then, what is the full purpose of the T-Virus?
The only connections that tie, are Ada and Leon. Wesker and Leon themselves have never met (though by Weskers Report, he was there during all of the events of RE2 - and he saved Ada from her fall). As far as the plagues go, there have never been any mentions of it. The only thing that was ever mentioned before the existence of the T-Virus, are the following:

-The Mother Virus was supposedly created and founded by Spencer and Ashford. The progenitor could be a rename of the mother virus or a more developed version of the mother virus (Resident Evil Zero). That part that doesn't make sense in Resident Evil Zero is how Marcus takes credit for being the Co-Founder... meh, since im too lazy to type down what im about to say, im just goinna quote the FAQ again -_-;

(As a reminder, Marcus is the founder of Progenitor, or so he claims, he is the villian behind Resident Evil Zero if you forgot).

Q. What's up with James Marcus?

A. Marcus throws a wrench into the RE timeline. He's said
to be the "co-founder" of Umbrella with Spencer, when Marcus
writes in his diary that when Spencer founded Umbrella,
Marcus couldn't've cared less. Marcus's co-founder status
may be Spencer practicing revisionist history, as part
of the campaign to smear the Ashfords (cf. the Umbrella
Memo RE2 EX File). Alternatively, the only two people
who've said anything about the Ashfords helping to found
Umbrella are Alexander and Alfred Ashford, both of whom
were just a little crazy.

It doesn't help that there's a typo in the American version's
Investigator's Report 1 file. It says that Marcus disappeared
twenty years ago. Rob MacGregor's done the inquiries on this
one, and other versions of RE0 say that Marcus disappeared
ten years ago.

So the situation then becomes this: James Marcus was one of
the scientists who helped create the Progenitor virus. When
Spencer founds Umbrella, Marcus doesn't even fake interest,
although he becomes the headmaster at Umbrella's training
facility. He lets his assistant do most of the actual work,
but William Birkin and Albert Wesker gain Marcus's trust.

In the mid-seventies, Marcus concludes that the only way to
get the Progenitor virus to do what he wants it to do is via
human experimentation. Marcus keeps his "special" research a
secret for a good long while (although he had someone in his
confidence at Arklay, since one of Marcus's prisoners/test
subjects gets sent there), and eventually manages to make a
breakthrough with the creation of the T-Virus. He continues
his private research into the creation of mutant leeches,
because he is what is technically referred to as "icky."

Marcus was also getting a few of his test subjects from
the trainees at the facility. That and his intention to
overthrow Spencer result in his assassination in 1988. Soon
thereafter, an Umbrella investigation team checks out the
training facility, and what they find is bad enough for them
to nail the doors shut and declare the place closed. Years
later, owing to a recent rapid period of growth by Umbrella,
a few teams are sent to the training facility to clean the
place up and reopen it. They start the job, but before they
get too far into it, they run into the resurrected James
Marcus. Hilarity ensues.
Thats how RE1 connects with Code Veronica's ashford family. How CV connects with RE2 is explained in a diffrent fashion (it mainly has to do with Birkin's rivalry with Alexia and how they were both competing with the T-Virus project, but when Alexia was announced dead, Birkin let go of his ego and continued to do research on what he had recently discovered from the body of Lisa Trevor - The G-Virus)

Now, onto what the T-Virus is...

The T-Virus' original purpose was to create Bio Organic Weapons using human beings, but the test results of the beginning stages were obsolete. The humans would die, and only a few would come back from the dead. Its original purpose is to create the perfect BOW, the Tyrant (Tyrant Virus). But not everybody can become a Tyrant (this is explained in Weskers Report).

Meh, im too lazy to explain this too, here, read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-Virus

Im goinna go to sleep or something, im tired =/

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrant_(Resident_Evil)
Info about Tyrant(s) if your interested.

Best answers
omfg T_T TEHH SWEETNESS! this is mehh future game!!! :p :p graaawwrrr!!

hmm.. damnit i would love to play some RE4. but i dont own GC... damnit i wish i would... RE4 pwnz ass! can't wait for PS3 and this :p RE 5.. mammaMIA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom