Remaking Sephiroth. C&C wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow dont argue with people that are giving you crits! listen to them and try to take it by saying thanks and fixing whats wrong with it.

It seems like the only reason your scrapping it is because not everyone is prasing it like its the work of god.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then you dont know me well at all, i take crits very well, what i dont take well is people saying something is bad without telling me how to fix it, which is what was happening >_>

ill work on it later when i wake up..

Best answers
k here's an edit of the face, heres what I think you should do... you seriously already should remove that blackyness from the eyes and make the eyelids smaller, then make that line going from his side nose to his side lips less visible, cause it makes him look old, give him a better lip definition, and you should make stuff more lighter like the forhead and cheecks, especially those bumpy looking things above his nose should get gone...here's a pic

🌠 Staff
Best answers
It might have to do with the eyebrow placement on your model =p, the angle and whatnot with the face is always difficult =x. in the front and side views they look placed a bit too high, maybe its just me

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
made some tweaks to the skin, and the model... the annoying thing is, from the angle view, he has the fierce determined look that i want.. but from the front it does look kinda off :S

oh and cos so many people wanna see him in different ways, do it yourself :p have the sdk... the .max file is from version 6, so either 6 or 7 can open it, or just import the .3ds into whatever program.
the skinmaps are in adobe photoshop format, they have the UVW's set as a PATH so you will need to view the path to see it, i find this better than texporter, as no matter how much you zoom in on the image, the uvw's stay perminently at 1 pixel thick, and can always be seen.
http://www.carbon-effect.com/Users/Scorpion/gir/Sephiroth_sdk.rar

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eyebrow placement can be fixed!!!

>;E

/me fixes

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think at the front he need some checks... may then it can be fixed?

at all looks much betta now :)

Best answers
I think I already told you, 100% illumination sometimes kills the model, its usefull for stuf like hair with alpha maps so the alpha mapped part won't deflect a shadow making it look ***, here's a render I made of your model

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Broli's render looks much more like Sephiroth from Advent Children in my opinion. It looks... right. So I guess your model is RIGHT, just the render makes it look otherwise. I don't know what the problem is, and if I knew I would honestly help you, but I just can't put my finger on it.

Best answers
how do you do renders and stuff like that in gmax?!

also i think the chin comes out too much he looks like jay leno. bring the chin in and round it out some

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'm pretty sure Almighty_gir uses 3ds max or light wave.

And it looks pretty good so far.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Hm, face is kinda meth-head cro magnon sunk in, but it's probably just me :p seph doin teh meth :eek:

anyways, still badass :D

Best answers
There is a little black line on his right shoulder and his chest. Is that supposed to be a shadow? >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gir = 3dsm
broli = lwo (or maya)

o_O" damn.... thats MUCH better...omfg.... work on Gir o.o"

(btw. broli...how teh **** u done iht?)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats a really nice render (its either a spotlight or an omni, casting raytraced shadows...) and yes, i use 3dsmax. Gmax is unable to render, thats one of the reasons why its free. i believe there is rendering software you can purchase for it though, but dont quote me on that...

thanks for giving me the kick in the ass i needed to continue this broli :) now i can see how it might look in an engine like source, im much more enthused to continue.

and in return, i started skinning your cloud, but ill show that later after i skinmap all that fuxing hair!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
do you wanna do a movie or why u redone ur sephi?

hmm lol i enjoy the hair of brolis cloud :p its so weird :D

and yeah, the model looks like its in source... only cuz u r now a kick ass Skinna!

Best answers
btw

btw gir try fixing the skin for the neck area it look s abit well ackward maybe its too dark, hope you get what im talking about

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a little less muscular is what i'd say and the head from ur old seph was better

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread is like months old. AxMan stopped working on this a while ago, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom