Remaking Sephiroth. C&C wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i felt that my skills have grown since i made sephiroth about 10 months ago (give or take). so i want to remake him. ive just finnished the sketches for the references, and wanted to know if anyone could offer any crits on the refs before i start with the actual modeling.

the style: im going for a more realistic modeling style, like i did with guts. but trying to keep as close to the character as possible. no im not making an "advent children" sephiroth, cos personally i think they gooched up how he is supposed to look... but thats just my oppinion (he looks like a fuggin elf in that film!!)

Best answers
I think there's something wrong with the rib cage there, why does the line of the ribcage go back inwards again

I have an anatomy pic and it was drawn like this

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well spotted >;o thanks very muchly

heres an update.
im aware his skin isnt that colour, i just like using those tones to skin with, i can change the overall tone later when im done (photoshops handy dandy "variations" tool)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, would you mind if I used that ref to practice with on gmax?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i kinda would mind... practice with davidskiwans generic refs. thats what those are meant for. these are for a specific project. i guess i cant stop you, but i wouldnt like it...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now i see why your old sephiroth had that goofy chest build, you drew it like that O_O, (unless of course you drew this ref after that, and my comment is completely void)

Best answers

I know he's missing some waist and legs here...but as you can see, Sephiroth's waist was not so bulky in comparison to his upper body.
Sephiroth rules so i'll be watching this model :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
now i see why your old sephiroth had that goofy chest build, you drew it like that O_O, (unless of course you drew this ref after that, and my comment is completely void)
yes nuttzy >;[ but im sorry im not as good as mr skiwan'

Best answers
looks good gir.but why do you put so many poly's above his eyes,are those realy needed?don't kill me if i'm wrong o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
yes nuttzy >;[ but im sorry im not as good as mr skiwan'

omg dude, thats sooo good. I seriously wish I could do that, no joke, sooo sweeet. How long did that take u?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dan, its taken me since the thread started...

movento, heres a render of the head, ull notice that he is capable of eye movement, blinking etc, so yes its nececary for facial expression. theres also a full mouth with teeth and tongue etc.

🌠 Staff
Best answers
gir gir gir =O, looking sexy, but for the eyelids and eyes id suggest a different method.

what you should do is take a sphere and place it in the eye socket. and then shape that socket to the sphere so that its nice and flush almost with the eye. that way you wont have so much of a gap between the eyeball and the eyelid. hit me up on msn later and ill show you what i mean if you dont get what im sayin =x

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks GG but i think i got it now.. ive never really done eyes like this before, bit of trial and error. however, if you got any advice, might as well post it here so others can share the learning.

all hail the badly skinned hair of dewm!!!!

just a placeholder untill i can be bothered to do it properly

Best answers
I think the edge of his ribs shouldn't stick out so much, try smooting them into the sides, it looks like he's a g.i.joe ^_^

Good job otherwise though.

Best answers
Gir, you shouldn't model on the muscles =). I think you should flat model the abs , and pump the chest out just a bit. Like that referance picture you showed. Also the bone under the chest is wrong, it dosen't look human.

I hope you understood my crits =). Gj so far.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
luckyownz92 said:
Skin for the hair is fine. Its the hair thats crappy thats all
would you care to elaborate on how to make it better? this is the first post where someone hasnt actually said something helpful.

eclipse, i thought so too, so i changed it, thanks a lot :)

godhand, yes, i just changed the abs, and the rib connection, the rest is most likely gonna be down to bad skinning in that, well, i suck at it :p so any help there would be gratefull.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is the skin just a 'placeholder' as well? I don't know modelling but I can say as a Sephiroth fan that his skin was paler than that.

I also think the eyes are a bit uncharacteristic, too narrow and squinty, but then again you said you were going for a realistic look so it's your call.

EDIT: OK so you mentioned the skin tone :p I still think you should take the eye thing into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom