Release Date For Half-Life2..(in my area)

Best answers
The Half-Life Release Date In My Area is..September 9th or 1st..not sure..i now cause i saw the official hl2 box at EB GAMES (Electronic Boutique) and it says "Realeses Septermber 1st!! PRE-Order now and reserve a copy for your self!"..and i live in Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Best answers
Offtopic: I think this belongs in the off-topic forums, so an admin will probably move it.

Ontopic: Yeah, i've got no clue when it is around here. I live in CT, so anyone know? Either way, i can't wait. HL2 better be great, especially after all teh delays.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Moved to Off-Topic.

As far as I know, the release date for much of North America is still September 1.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm on gamespot it says TBA (as far as i know with my crappy dutch >.< it means To Be Announced....) so i dont know when it will be released

Best answers
Yea, i saw it on amazon. Sept 1. Heh.. but i remember seeing something like that before. And still it got delayed, so dont pin your hopes on one date =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're definitely going to rush it and drop a half-done product cause of Doom getting a month's jump on them. It'll be out asap but I worry that because of steam they think, "well, people can just use it until we patch it and it'll patch up automatically so no worries."

There's a reason why they have 4 numbers in their patch numbering. :0\

I wonder if they fixed all those bad nvidia related problems?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, one of the 40 delays of hl2 was because of nVidia, so I'm sure they did something about it.

Pretty sad that nVidia needs its own rendering path to get playable fps...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The Uk release date ive got infront of me is November 4th. And thats from a freshly printed Gamestation booklet, this week.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
solidus said:
The Uk release date ive got infront of me is November 4th. And thats from a freshly printed Gamestation booklet, this week.
And if it still comes out on September 1'st in America, that'll just be highly typical :/

Best answers
solidus just buy it from some where in the US and get it ship[ed to you so you ge it like a month earlyer :) so than you can brag to your friends that you already have it.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I remember reading somewhere, might have been on planethalflife.com, that don't believe any release dates that stores have stated, because valve hasnt given a definate release date to anyone, not even vivendi

Best answers
Heh, are you sure those boxes aren't left over from last year? :p

Best answers
There is no release date, so dont be waiting outside of the stores.

Until its announced there is really no reason to talk about it since you all dont know.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
XsilentlyXdiesX said:
There is no release date, so dont be waiting outside of the stores.

Until its announced there is really no reason to talk about it since you all dont know.
/me agrees

Don't believe everything you read, the stores don't know anything about any release date. Why? Because none has been announced yet.
If you want the latest news on HL2 (and its release date), I recommend visiting www.halflifesource.com regularly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, I think I'll be.....elsewhere....when the time comes.

Best answers
well i asked my local Virgin and Game store about 2months ago and all i got was, "Probally around the same time as Doom3 to compete with it" so who knows, i just hope its soon, ive been waiting for bloody ages for this game, i just loved HL i played TFC till death! Morning to Night 7 days aweek since i got it, till everyone else got broadband and im still running 56k. but next month i shall have broadband so its all good!!

-SaN

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heheh, there's been a "Half-Life 2" box sitting on display @ my local EB Games store too, lol. I grabbed it to take a look at it and ended up knocking the whole display set over >_> I felt so bad lol

Best answers
I will tell you all somthing that is offical, the game is done or getting near to complete in a week or so.. watched a offical interview not to long ago saying they were 2 weeks from Gold.

There is no release date though so there is no reason to really debate on it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They were 2 weeks from gold when Nvidia's benchmarks **** out on them, too. lol

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
They were 2 weeks from gold when Nvidia's benchmarks **** out on them, too. lol
Yeah you speak like that but yet have no idea what happens when making a huge game like Half life 2. But ill take their word over anyone elses about their game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom