ReGENERATION!

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
If buu's regeneration is still in, and works on the same SLOW process as before, I'd like to suggest that characters like Cell and Piccolo have it as well. Maybe.. the androids?

What say you?

Capt'n Red Beard
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Sounds nice

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't believe any characters have regeneration in this.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Buu still has it, and its been made different.

Piccolo and Cell dont have it, because they can not regenerate their physical condition, but instead can only regrow lost limbs. Each time they do that they are in a worse off physical condition, where Buus condition does not change.

So if we had something along the lines of loosing limbs on characters, Piccolo or Cell would be able to regrow them at the cost of some HP, but they couldnt regain the HP itself.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Since when was Piccolo and Cell worse off when they regenerate? Also Piccolo regenerated from being a stone statue. Cell also has Zenkai due to Saiyan genes so he is actually stronger each time.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It takes KI and effort to regenerate limbs. At that point, I think even with the KI loss, Cell was still stronger than everyone. I even think this was mentioned in tha manga.

Whichever is true, I personally think the regeneration ability is way unbalanced so hopefully they either made it a lot less pro friendly or gave it some kinda cooldown.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Since when was Piccolo and Cell worse off when they regenerate? Also Piccolo regenerated from being a stone statue. Cell also has Zenkai due to Saiyan genes so he is actually stronger each time.
Piccolo was always out of breath when he used that ability. It was very taxing on his body. Also Piccolo made a comment when Goku was fighting Cell, that Cell lost a lot of power after he regenerated. Though his reserves were just that much higher than everyone elses.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers

I could see a Regeneration technique for Piccolo or Cell working similar to the mechanic of Gohans shield (as a base)
- ie
select Regen technique; charge it before incoming ki attack; after being struck Ki and/or Stamina is 'translated' to Health during a fancy limb-regrowth animation etc

It could also be used as a 'Sudden Death' technique where if your Health falls below 0 after having 'performed/charged' the move, you get a second wind with some sort of Health/Ki/Stamina sacrifice.

Doubtful of such things being integrated, but it's fun to think about.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/pages/strips/0035.png

I could see a Regeneration technique for Piccolo or Cell working similar to the mechanic of Gohans shield (as a base)
- ie
select Regen technique; charge it before incoming ki attack; after being struck Ki and/or Stamina is 'translated' to Health during a fancy limb-regrowth animation etc

It could also be used as a 'Sudden Death' technique where if your Health falls below 0 after having 'performed/charged' the move, you get a second wind with some sort of Health/Ki/Stamina sacrifice.

Doubtful of such things being integrated, but it's fun to think about.

However that is not DBZ. Its completely fan made.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
=/ Grega, you can be very dense at times.

It was obviously a joke on the subject. And you conveniently ignore what was actually said.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
=/ Grega, you can be very dense at times.

It was obviously a joke on the subject. And you conveniently ignore what was actually said.

I didnt ignore it, i just had nothing to say to that subject as i have yet to think every part and possibility of it though.

You know how i work Kynetik XD

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
lol fair enough, but I think you just don't want more Mantis categories :p

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the biggest issue im having with the idea is the animation itself. Not a fan of the idea that the player has to watch the animation play out after theability is triggered and he remains stationary or unable to properly swoop. And if the player is moving, then itll just look awkward. That is unless we make all the other possible animations. Other than that it would end up as a "just appear" type of deal, and well thats not really a good visual solution. And without such an animation its probably a better idea to simply block and so the technique itself becomes useless.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Imagine Regen like this -
you charge the move successfully, and then it is active for a given period.
When you take damage, the player reacts normally however stamina is transferred to health.

It's an interesting way to make Piccolo adapt to competing with many saiyan classes with more transformations. As a superfluous embellishment, imagine the player is killed [by a ki attack] while the move is activated, the player is switched for the 'armless' version. When they come to a rest, they stand up, regenerate their lost limb, and continue playing with sudden death health.

Just random ideas, I simply find this amusing because I've always thought this particular Regeneration was so challenging to successfully incorporate into a game design.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Piccolo has a pretty special transformation design compared to the others. So it should make him on pair with the rest. Quite honestly the only one im worried about is Krillin. And even for him i have a few ideas that might work given his character role in the serries.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
And even for him i have a few ideas that might work given his character role in the serries.
Something tells me that'll be a bonus for him dying. When Krillin dies, he gives the team a bonus... xD

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Something tells me that'll be a bonus for him dying. When Krillin dies, he gives the team a bonus... xD
Your steam_id will be coded so you can only pick kirllin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom