Uhhhhh...............................

Sorry, but your an idiot.
Uhhhhh...............................

Sorry, but you have a warning.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*shudders*

Super Sonic definitely has Super Saiyan qualities, but is hardly a rip off. In the early games, he turned yellow and his hair went up and got really fast and could fly. That fits a "Super" quality. It's also a play on words Super Sonic=supersonic in this case, when 'supersonic' means faster than the speed of sound.

Now in recent games, Super Sonic (Super Shadow as well) has had eye color changing, an Aura, lightning, energy blasts, Chaos Control (teleporting), and just plain powerful. I definitely see similarities, and maybe an Akira influence, but hardly a 'rip off'. What Akira did worked, and so if that theme is applied to other franchises, I don't see the harm unless it's the main aspect of it that is straight up ripped. Super Sonic is a small part in the Sonic games.

Now the 7 Chaos Emeralds and 7 Dragonballs is a stretch. 7 is a very 'magical' number, and the way they work is very different. Dragonballs summon a dragon and grant a wish. Chaos emeralds contain and grant power and can be used individually and are also controlled by a Master Emerald.

Only Super Sonic is DBZ-similar. Everything else is pretty much their 'own' stuff, meaning it could have been done before, but not even close to being 'ripped off'.

Best answers
To the two of you that noted that Dragonball has been around longer than Sonic, yea I know that, but Super Saiyans didn't appear until DBZ correct?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KelesK said:
To the two of you that noted that Dragonball has been around longer than Sonic, yea I know that, but Super Saiyans didn't appear until DBZ correct?
Well I always thought DBZ was began in the making in 1989 and Super Sonic appeared in Sonic 2 (Was that 1992 or 1993?), but then you got to take storyboarding/concept making into play and how long it took to reach to the Namek Saga, etc. So it seems pretty close if you ask me.

Best answers
I thought that Super Sonic was meant as a tribute to Dragonball just like the Death Egg may have been a tribute to star war (Don't know for sure) cause in Sonic 3 when you transform his eyes turn green too

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. In the anime Sonic's eyes are red, I strongly doubt that Sega copied anybody.

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Well I always thought DBZ was began in the making in 1989 and Super Sonic appeared in Sonic 2 (Was that 1992 or 1993?), but then you got to take storyboarding/concept making into play and how long it took to reach to the Namek Saga, etc. So it seems pretty close if you ask me.
That's pretty much the conclusion I came to

Realisticly though.. Both would have appeared around the same time and I honestly doubt Sonic 2 devs would have tossed in a "Super" form just to pick up an audience that hadn't even seen DBZ yet. Cause if you look at the dates, DBZ wasn't aired in the US until the mid 90's I believe.

Unless Sega ninja's infiltrated some secret DBZ development lab and hijacked the ideas of a "Super" form. Now there's an interesting concept for those of you who take the whole thing overly seriously :laff:

Best answers
KelesK said:
That's pretty much the conclusion I came to

Realisticly though.. Both would have appeared around the same time and I honestly doubt Sonic 2 devs would have tossed in a "Super" form just to pick up an audience that hadn't even seen DBZ yet. Cause if you look at the dates, DBZ wasn't aired in the US until the mid 90's I believe.

Unless Sega ninja's infiltrated some secret DBZ development lab and hijacked the ideas of a "Super" form. Now there's an interesting concept for those of you who take the whole thing overly seriously :laff:
Did DBZ manga came out before or after the Anime?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dragonball manga started in 1984/85, i think the end of the namek saga had been released as manga in japan around 1990.

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Dragonball manga started in 1984/85, i think the end of the namek saga had been released as manga in japan around 1990.
Thats what i though... Some people just don't understand/remember that most animes are made originally from manga.
KelesK said:
No need to infiltrate DBZ development lab when you can just walk in to nearest bookstore.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Correction...This topic is 20 days old...No one cares...

-KaMa

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, and of all places, on a message board for a mod whose whole concept revolves around copyright infringement BAHAHA.

- Closed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why is this thread closed?

edit: fair enough opti :p

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BTW, I don't think Toriyama has the copyrights to super elite warriors who possess blonde hair and blue eyes anyway.

RED ALERT TORIYAMA RIPS OFF NAZI IDEAS ON A SUPERIOR RACE.

Any Sonic fan knows the developers made Super Sonic that way as a tribute. It's like when everyone here got upset over RHCP's Danni California.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom