Recording

Best answers
Like in street fighter 4, which you can record your gameplay, if your in good day for example and replay it as many times you want.

So basically, you can record a demo in goldsource when you are actually ingame by typing in the console "record something" and then stopping it by "stop".

But can you guys make this easier so that newcomers can use this without any hassle and without typing it in the console all the time?
Also could be usefull for pro players also I guess.

Small "how it should work" idea here:
Just a small menu will pop-up when pressing for example F10.
In this small menu there will be the options which are "Record", "Stop recording".
The demos (movies) should be saved as date and time.

And when you want to watch it later on, you can access this at game menu which is named as "recorded movies".
It should list all of your recorded demos that allows you to play them, pause them, rename them (convert them to media=would be awesome=but I guess, not possible).

It could be a very good for people that does not want to have any recording programs that are eating their cpu and makes them laggy, for example fraps.

Just say what you think.
If this is possible or not.
OR... I wonder, that it's already made!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bind k "record"
bind l "stop"

And wolla. Finished.

Also would now be a good time to mention that using the record feature of the engine ends up in a laggy picture and ****ed up effects when combined with ESF?

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
bind k "record"
bind l "stop"

And wolla. Finished.

Also would now be a good time to mention that using the record feature of the engine ends up in a laggy picture and ****ed up effects when combined with ESF?
That's proberly because the standard record function only uses certain layers of the screen, whereas ESF is using a different set of layers to create all these nice effects.

While we're on this topic, what about a sort of COD4 killcam ? Which can be turned of by the client.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's proberly because the standard record function only uses certain layers of the screen, whereas ESF is using a different set of layers to create all these nice effects.

While we're on this topic, what about a sort of COD4 killcam ? Which can be turned of by the client.
You mean show the dude that killed you or show it in slow mo?

I just tested it out. And using the HL recording function crashes the inteam ^^ Im guessing its got something to do with the XMLs not loading for the recording. Not sure if its worth making a fix for that though.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
You mean show the dude that killed you or show it in slow mo?

I just tested it out. And using the HL recording function crashes the inteam ^^ Im guessing its got something to do with the XMLs not loading for the recording. Not sure if its worth making a fix for that though.
Well, I was thinking of recording the killers view, so you know how the other one killed you.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not possible without recording everyting he does. Since you cant know in advanced who will kill who to record that precise moment. Could end up as quite a load on the server, since the engine would have to be bypassed to integrate it.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seems like a cool feature though, being able to see how you died from your killers perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom