Recommend Stun opponent

Best answers
Sorry Ive read the posts. Earlier was just my first post and everything on my mind I wanted to type it up :)

I dont think it was a waste of time cuz I wanted to get my mind across.

Anyway, I see that most of the stuff was going to be implemented!! Thats good, but I do think they should put a better stun mode.

Like I said, it would be cool if you start fighting your opponent until he loses enough life to be unable to move, but he can punch, kick, fireball, super, block, but not move out of the way.

Imagine this scenario: You're Gohan, and you see Cell flying towards you. Suddenly he transforms to Perfect Cell and he speeds up for attack. You attack him too. After some melee attacks, he damages you just enough so you're stunned and can't move. He flies a little bit far away and charges up a kamehame wave... but then you suddenly transform to Super Saiyan (since you can do anything except move while stunned) and start charging up your own kamehamewave. Cell releases his kamehamewave, and in defence you do too! There's a power struggle!

Now that's true Dragon Ball fashion... just like a remake of the Cell series. Doesn't it sound cool?

:)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it does sounds kewl, but i think what you are suggesting is already in, you can get pummeled away, and be stunned for a lil, then the attacker can charge his attack, and you can
a) blockstruggle it, (if the odds were gohan vs cell, and you were gohan then youll win
b)charge up an attack to counter it
c) trying to run,

(these things i said are based on what i read, not have to be true, and maybe there are more ways to act)

but think of this, what if you were the guy beeing stunned, dont you think its gonna be annoying? to be like stunned dmz wise for like 15 sec's or more??

Best answers
I was going thru the posts and it said the only way to stun your opponent is if they use up all their ki and it is only for a few seconds.

Also, I was not comparing the stun to dmz. I played DMZ first and I thought... nice try but they lack ideas. After I saw ESF Alpha only one think went into my head...

DMZ is ***.

I was compaing the stun to what I see on TV. Usually when a character gets beat up on Dragon Ball real bad, they can't move... but they are aware of whats going to happen.

I think there should be two kinds of stun. One, when the character uses up all their ki. Remember when Gokou shot a kamehamewave right in front of Brolly and Brolly was unaffected. Gokou prolly used all his ki... and when Gokou saw Brolly standing there as if nothing had happened Gokou just stood there, unable to move... then Brolly put the beating on him.

The second stun is when the character takes enough damage. Like in the Freeza series... Gokou could not do anything against that big energy ball Freeze was charging up. So after taking enough damage Gokou attackeds the energy ball. So I think if an opponent gets damaged enough times consecutively, they should be unable to move any direction, but they can do some kind of defence. This way more forced power struggles.

Oh yeah... I don't want to be stunned DMZ wise. I want to be stunned so no matter what I have to take the hit. Best way to counter it is with a power stuggle. It's not fun if the opponent can move out of the way. But if your opponent can Solar Flash you.... he bought himself a few seconds. He can turn SSJ.

If you think about it, the options are endless if you are stunned... but stunned in a way you can do some kind of counter-attack.

Best answers
I don't think this type of stunning would fit into ESF. Beta is much more fast paced than Alpha, and stunning in these ways would more than likely make the game more slow paced.

Best answers
Ya esf may be fast paced but DragonBallZ is not always fast paced

I mean it took more than episode with Gohan VS Cell or Gokou VS Buu.

I dont think it would slow things down if you can deploy a super faster or turn to SSJ faster. I know the first time you change to SSJ there's animations and stuff, but afterwards all you have is a small beep and you're already SSJ.

Stunning an opponent i think would be good in the game as it will help slow it down. A game can be too fast too.

If you have ever played Dragon Ball GT or Dragon Ball Legends for the Playstation youll understand.

Being able to stun an opponent will add dramatic fashion to gameplay.

After attacking an opponent, he's stunned. You get far away and charge up a kamehame wave with all of your ki. You fire and you laugh as all you see him doing is blocking. Since you used up all your ki, your stunned too unable to move. As the explosion clears you see that your opponent is till alive, still blocking. Theres nothing you can do because you used up all your ki. He charges up a fireball of his own and fires...

This is all possible if you can stun where he cannot move, just attack or block.

Best answers
That is already possible in beta. If you block an attack, you enter a blockstruggle (you attatch yourself to the beam and powerstruggle it). If you win, the attack flies in the direction that your character is aiming. If you lose it blows up. Powerstruggles are also in (in alpha as well), and melee powerstruggles will be added in the future. What your describing pretty much is already possible, except your way is more like taking turns. ESF gives you more freedom, and I don't know about you, but I don't think it would be very fun getting stunned everytime I ran out of ki or got hit with an attack and be forced to block/powerstruggle/etc. All of the beta testers say it is fun (and much different than alpha, so try not to treat alpha and beta as the same mod), so just wait and play and then make suggestions.

Best answers
Originally posted by Enforcer15
...but I don't think it would be very fun getting stunned everytime I ran out of ki...
But in other threads it says you can already get stunned by running out of ki.

Originally posted by [ESF]nighthawk
You can't "stun" somebody that way. The only time you can stun someone is when they are out of ki and can't defend themselves. Then you can smash them into a wall, the ceiling, the floor, whatever and hit them with an energy attack. But don't think you can get off a fully charged GG or K-Wave...recovery times are a bit too quik for that ;)
Also, I'm not saying you should be able to get stunned easy... I mean you have to take a lot of consecutive hits for the stun to occur.

...or got hit with an attack and be forced to block/powerstruggle/etc...
I mentioned so many times that you should be stunned after consecutive attacks. I never said 1 hit stun.

Think abt it. Some1 hits you 5 times in a row... you deserve to be stunned. Then he gets a Final Blast ready. While he's charging it up, you switch to Super Saiyan to increase your defence. Right before he releases his Final Blast, you do a Solar Flare. He lets go of the final Blast. You Block. You find out that he didn't hit you because of that Solar Flare you released. You charge up your own kamehame wave...

That is already possible in beta. If you block an attack, you enter a blockstruggle (you attatch yourself to the beam and powerstruggle it). If you win, the attack flies in the direction that your character is aiming. If you lose it blows up...
About block stuggle... who block stuggles? Most people teleport out of the way. Maybe they took this out of beta, but how many times have you charged up your Super to MAX, fired, and find your opponent has just teleported out of harms way? A lot of fun don't you think? By stunning them, they are forced to do something abt the next attack.

Like I said before... Stunning so you can't move will add dramatic fashion to the game. Also, you'll need some strategy to stay alive. Maybe if they implement this in the next ESF, they can add a defence shield or something like the old SNES games.

... What your describing pretty much is already possible, except your way is more like taking turns..
Its not actually possible right now in Alpha cuz ppl just teleport out of the way. About the taking turns... well that's basically how its done in Dragon Ball, don't you think? I mean they actually kinda take turns in Dragon Ball... one hit and one hit back, one super and another super to fight it. Gokou hits Buu, Buu hits Gokou...

Best answers
Nice story, but I don't like the idea.. :no:

Best answers
Originally posted by SCIxX
Nice story, but I don't like the idea.. :no:
How come? Please don't spam that you don't like it, but why?
:D :D :D o_o

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
OK, lemme tell you from a testers point of view

What has already been implemented far surpasses most of what you're suggesting, as for block struggles, i feel no need to justify it, you'll appreciate it when you play it.

As for true to DBZ playing style, the current beta build feels about as real as it can get without being poorly animated by Toei and overdubbed by funi.

The way the game plays, the sounds, the maps, ALL of it combined are enough to actually allow you to role play battles if you have a willing adversary.

So what im basically saying here is, PLEASE! just remain seated, the beta will be with you as soon as its finished with its current patient :p

Best answers
Ok Ok

Guess Im just impatient.

But still I have 1 thing in mind now

Originally posted by Cheeseman
...The way the game plays, the sounds, the maps, ALL of it combined are enough to actually allow you to role play battles if you have a willing adversary...
:)

Im sure beta will be totally better than alpha... and I bet everything you say is true...

But by getting stunned... you will not need a willing adversary... each role playing battle will be automatic. Once stunned, they will be FORCED to defend. :D

My 2 cents.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the stunning part has been suggested earlier, and cheeseman gave you some good points, why are you trying to say the same thing in over 4 posts? and BOY you type alot :p ;)

*Im Admin, its what i do;) *
Cheeseman

Best answers
Originally posted by Reptile
the stunning part has been suggested earlier, and cheeseman gave you some good points, why are you trying to say the same thing in over 4 posts? and BOY you type alot :p ;)
i couldnt agree more with you :rolleyes:

YOU DO WRITE ALOT.. and onemore thing after cheese told ya... give up:fight: o_o

Best answers
No you do not get stunned after running out of ki chriztophe. You get stunned if you get meleed and you hit the ground (i think).

Best answers
No you do not get stunned after running out of ki chriztophe. You get stunned if you get meleed and you hit the ground (i think).
but...

Originally posted by [ESF]nighthawk
You can't "stun" somebody that way. The only time you can stun someone is when they are out of ki and can't defend themselves. Then you can smash them into a wall, the ceiling, the floor, whatever and hit them with an energy attack. But don't think you can get off a fully charged GG or K-Wave...recovery times are a bit too quik for that ;)
abt me typing a lot... it takes me 5 min to type everything :)

Best answers
Im just gonna wait for the beta

Maybe in beta ppl will stop teleporting out of the way of a super and start playing like ur supposed to.

:) :)

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by CrizTophe
Im just gonna wait for the beta

Maybe in beta ppl will stop teleporting out of the way of a super and start playing like ur supposed to.

:) :)
Teleport is your teddy bear and moma's teet all rolled into one.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he did, although i dont understand his edit, on my prev post,
it wasnt directed to you oh cheesy one, but @ the thread starter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom