Recession

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good thing I work in a recession proof industry.

People will always need insurance.

G
When I think of modern culture, I think of movies, media (music for example), literature, technology, and government in general (back when we weren't (openly) *******s, our forum of government was pretty intriguing to new nations. So much so that they sometimes modeled their government after our own). Sure, we borrow ideas from other nations, but we don't just slap a new name on it. We improve upon those ideas and attempt to take them to the next level. That's why I'm able to appreciate Japanese tech. A lot of the time, they're building on the foundation we laid out, but they kick it up 90 notches.

We've given a lot to the world.
I can see what you mean; American culture has certainly infiltrated Japan and China to a large extent, Japan in particular loves the English language and western culture- perhaps even more than most wabanese Narutards like Japan.

However, China has a huge cultural impact on America; all big cities have their own China Town, and Chinese people are one of the biggest ethnic minorities, and they only show signs of growing more and more. (STEALAN OUR JURRRRBS)

On the other hand, you rarely or never hear of an American person living in China.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can see what you mean; American culture has certainly infiltrated Japan and China to a large extent, Japan in particular loves the English language and western culture- perhaps even more than most wabanese Narutards like Japan.

However, China has a huge cultural impact on America; all big cities have their own China Town, and Chinese people are one of the biggest ethnic minorities, and they only show signs of growing more and more. (STEALAN OUR JURRRRBS)

On the other hand, you rarely or never hear of an American person living in China.
Exactly. They're immigrating to America. Not the other way around. They obviously believe its better over here than it is over there, and have been influenced by either American propaganda, or tv shows or movies to the point where they view this country as a jump off point to a better life.

American culture, from the traditional standpoint, is all about integrating as many "foreign" cultures as possible, so having a chinatown over here doesn't have as much of an impact as having an Americatown in China, where our/European views would probably blow their minds.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Good thing I work in a recession proof industry.

People will always need insurance.
I got you beat. I work in the food industry. People can live without insurance. Can't live without food.

Where's my "My job is more important than everyone elses and I get go flaunt it" prize? I'd like it now please.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to blame an alien invasion from the shadows, and ring a panic bell.

*ring*

I work for Jinx... and he wants you to rage.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm unemployed. Yall can't step to that ****.

G
I got you beat. I work in the food industry. People can live without insurance. Can't live without food.

Where's my "My job is more important than everyone elses and I get go flaunt it" prize? I'd like it now please.
Universities will always need students, right?

G
No, seriously, who the **** is going to take out student loans during a recession?
Well.. I was kinda.. Err.. That is... Oh my. This could go terribly out of my favour if I get trapped 5 hours away from home when currency becomes worthless.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well.. I was kinda.. Err.. That is... Oh my. This could go terribly out of my favour if I get trapped 5 hours away from home when currency becomes worthless.
If the kids won't go to you, go to the kids. With a club. And duct tape.

Educate them, Nox. Educate them hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom