Raging Blast Demo

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The demo has been released, who's played it?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I did on the PS3, and fell of my chair of boredom. And god, what was I annoyed by the crappy controls, in my opinion.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
hey sicron, post some screens :p
and i wanna see the menu and character select screen PLEASE ^^

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The demo has been released, who's played it?
i checked the ps3 store for the demo and cant even find it are you sure its released i got to check again.:-/

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I couldn't figure out how to use Kamehameha.. the controls suck **** compared to Budokai and Tenkaichi. (note that the last DBZ game I played was Tenkaichi 2 on the Wii and Tenkaichi 1 on the PS2)

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Even if I had a PS3 or Xbox 360, god, I wouldn't even get the DEMO, leave alone the whole game.

Plenty of other, better games to buy in my opinion. <.<

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
So, they once again changed to open-field rather than sideways fighting ey? They really can't make up their minds.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I couldn't figure out how to use Kamehameha.. the controls suck **** compared to Budokai and Tenkaichi. (note that the last DBZ game I played was Tenkaichi 2 on the Wii and Tenkaichi 1 on the PS2)
How to use Kamehameha:

- Pray
- Start PS3
- Pray again
- Start the game and enter a match
- Pray once more
- Push the Right analog stick forward, and depending on whether or not you prayed enough, a Kamehamema may fire.

hey sicron, post some screens :p
and i wanna see the menu and character select screen PLEASE ^^
Not much there to see. The menu are some dragonballs whirling around, each one representing one of the options, but they are all greyed out (even the options menu is greyed out). Character selection screen are like...50 rectangulars, all X-ed out, except for 3 characters; Goku, Raditz and Piccolo.

Goku is available in SSJ Goku or normal Goku, has 2 costumes: one with the Roshi signature on his back, and one without.
Piccolo has 2 costumes, one with cape, one without.
Raditz has 2 costumes, standard saiyan armor dark brown color, and standard saiyan armor light brown color.

Each character has 4 'special' moves, controlled with the right analog stick. You seriously have to pray for them to work, or connect to any attack at all. And they all have like..10 generic melee combo's (XTriangle, XXTriangle, XXXTriangle, XXXXTriangle, etc.)

Graphics are like a 720p version of the last Tenkaichi game. And to be honest, I like ESF's Goku model a lot more than this game's one.

Trust me on this one, they only reason they added a SSJ3 Brolly, was so fanboys would still buy this game. This is just another game in the entire DBZ Milkfarm. Don't get it.

Last edited:
Best answers
You don't like it because you don't know how to controll it. I can controll it and is... awesome.
If you are maimed that is not game fault. Is not a Tenkaichi gtame, is made from nothing, just tooking Tenkaichi view.
I reserved it yesterday, the collector's edition.
I'm looking forward the release.

P.D.: Combos are a lot more flexible than Tenkaichi 3, there are premade ones, butlike in Mortal Kombat I and II, you can make your own ones. There is a great tactical component that will make multiplayer gameplay a lot better. For example, when the enemy grabs you to crush you in a wall, you can Z-Counter him and crush him instead.
You can deform the stage by downing the ground level with a combo finisher.
You can deflect EVERY Ki attack (including Genkidama, Makankossampo and Cho Bakuretsuhama (Gekiretsu Kodan)).
When you transform, if you already passed that stage, you transform instantly, like Perfect Trans in ESF, without cut-scene.
And more. The full game lets you change the attacks of your character, like in Budokai/Infinite World. Also, you can change properties of your characters, like in Tenkaichi/Shin Budokai.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Many people all over the internet are calling the controls horrible, I'm guessing because it's true, thanks for the insight.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is not a Tenkaichi gtame, is made from nothing, just tooking Tenkaichi view.
It's a Budokai Tenkaichi game:

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe S.A.S. today announced the launch of Dragon Ball®: Raging Blast, the latest instalment in the Budokai Tenkaichi saga and the first video game in the Budokai Tenkaichi series to arrive on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
Source: http://www.namcobandaigames.eu/en/press/39/

Either way, the menus were pretty cool and the character models were top notch (in comparison to previous games).

Other than that, I think I'll pass.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im just hoping the demo is a ****ed up version of a previous beta of the game.

i'll save the real judgement for after i demand my money back from blockbuster.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im just hoping the demo is a ****ed up version of a previous beta of the game.

i'll save the real judgement for after i demand my money back from blockbuster.
How many demo's do you know that are vastly different, if different at all, than the main game?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, not many. but demo's only show enough, and not all, so you cant really judge.

but i just got done playing the demo for raging blast and i actually enjoyed it. it was a little complicated and i still couldnt figure out how to replenish my ki or charge up to an ultimate blast but it fit together nicely and, once i got used to it, ended up being pretty fast and in-depth.

or maybe the xbox 360 version is different to ps3 (if thats what you played).

i had no problem using any of the blast attacks like kamehameha, kaioken, kaioken attack, or taiyoken. like i said, though. couldnt figure out how to charge. but i liked it. it's fun when you get used to the controls. i'd prefer more cinematics though.

just gotta wait another month to see if it'll be worth the 60 bucks. (or 55 for us cheap-ases who only buy used.)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be honest, it was better tan I thought it was going to be.

I would have to sit down in practice mode and learn how everything worked, but it feels a lot more smoother a some point than previous tenkaichi games.

The graphics look awesome no doubt about that. The gameplay itself doesn't look completely overhauled, but they tweaked things to be smoother/look cooler, such as blocking during a melee rush. I don't feel as 'locked in' when I get close to the opponent and I am actually aware that there is space around me.

It is very stylized too. An "air combo" actually changes the camera to make it look intense. In a power struggle, you can actually see the beams battling and when you lose/win, it shows an anime-like split screen animation of the winner and loser.

However, like the previous Tenkaichis, it gets repetitive. You really don't have to make too many decisions, but when you do, it looks pretty. I am still waiting for that ultimate DBZ game, which would be ESF combined with advanced physics/destruction/melee. I also could not get a kamehameha to launch right after I knock someone away, but perhaps I am missing something.

I had not problem executing moves, so I do not know what that's all about...But I will definitely rent this to see if my initial reactions carry on. But I will not be buying this period.

Last edited:
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
To be honest, it was better tan I thought it was going to be.

I would have to sit down in practice mode and learn how everything worked, but it feels a lot more smoother a some point than previous tenkaichi games.

The graphics look awesome no doubt about that. The gameplay itself doesn't look completely overhauled, but they tweaked things to be smoother/look cooler, such as blocking during a melee rush. I don't feel as 'locked in' when I get close to the opponent and I am actually aware that there is space around me.

It is very stylized too. An "air combo" actually changes the camera to make it look intense. In a power struggle, you can actually see the beams battling and when you lose/win, it shows an anime-like split screen animation of the winner and loser.

However, like the previous Tenkaichis, it gets repetitive. You really don't have to make too many decisions, but when you do, it looks pretty. I am still waiting for that ultimate DBZ game, which would be ESF combined with advanced physics/destruction/melee. I also could not get a kamehameha to launch right after I knock someone away, but perhaps I am missing something.

I had not problem executing moves, so I do not know what that's all about...But I will definitely rent this to see if my initial reactions carry on. But I will not be buying this period.
hey i check the ps3@store and guess what i found it i downlaoded like i jumped up like woooooohoooooooo and guess what..IT WAS FRIGGIN AWSOME!!!!! the graphics look like a hot girl from those awsome car commercials and man!! i was out on water this game really got me to like DBZ EVEN BETTER!! ohh and Chakra if your oppentet kills you it says loser and you speaks but if you oppenet kills you with an ultimate attack and uses the booster then when it says loser you dont speak and you cant see yourself and says loser you know why because you've been sent to space to the sun and died so you coud'nt see yourself and i was like...OH MY GOOOD I AM GETTIGN THIS GAME ohh and as for you sicron you dont like it because of the controls and know a few controls of the game but hard to explain ps3 controls so just figure them yourself like a true ESF/DBZ warrior and also THIS IS BLOODY FRIGGIN AWSOME GAME!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D soory i jsut loove this game!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I found this interesting.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6VDwfIu23s[/ame]

Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
wow awsome you can never do that in preivous games well not in movie mode you dodge and it you see yourself awsome!!
i also found this INTRESTING

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEShTHFMENE[/ame]

SSJ3 Goku Is Confirmed Awsome WITCH THEY DIDNT HAVE FOR BURST LIMT!!! :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom