Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
this is REALLY intresting cause i just went through all of this

I went with Nvidea for several reasons

1. Ati driver support is crappy at best >_> *points to the aiw in the corner*

2. The truth is Nvidea dominates ATI in framerate at base settings (the X800 XT doesnt get good till its at hig resoultuion; but even at that its not very higher)

3. Nvidea has an all around better user friendly interface thats very easy

4. Pixel shader 3 is going to be used in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and other high end games for years to come (so your card will be good for a while)

5. the 6800 was cheaper then the X800 XT (256megs)

bottomline: why pay more for less?
sure ATI will have maybe 5fps more in HL2 then nvidea, but hey thats one game.

meh thats how i figured, i was none-biased by the facts as i rummaged around the interweb looking for info

*hugs 6800 ultra*
im so glad i bought you, now lets eagerly wait for Farcry Pixel Shader 3

**EDIT**
WTF your saying ATI IS CHEAPER!?!?! you cant possably have researched it long and hard to even be talking in this thread if you belieave that

and yes, cooling and stuff is an extra, but thats just a good excuse to buy 8 led fans

and Nvidea has beaten ATI is many more test infact, dont go and search google "ATI BEATS NVIDEA REVIEW CHART" to base facts on

Best answers
chill out... when i got my computer ATI was cheaper. If you think about it, you need to upgrade your power supply, get better/more cooling plus get the card itself... atleast thats what i wouldve had to do, and that wouldve meant extra money. And I didnt go around searching "ati beats nvidia" blah blah blah, i asked around my hardware/computer friends plus here on the forums. And Im not quite sure what a pixelshader 3.0 does, but Im sure ill be able to live without it if its name does what it says it does - makes shadows. Oh, and plently of people here already said ATi's driver support is just as good as nvidias these days. Also, I wonder where you got your information that the nvidia beats ati with base settings. Ah, and please dont go around screaming at me, thank you.

I'll say it again, both cards are all around good. it just depends on your budget and I guess your favorite company.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ecchi Pr0n said:
this is REALLY intresting cause i just went through all of this

I went with Nvidea for several reasons

1. Ati driver support is crappy at best >_> *points to the aiw in the corner*
Sigh, why do people keep using that as a way to put ati down, when it's not even true? I've owned 3 nvidia cards and now this 9600XT, and the ATi drivers are far better. I've experienced NO gaming issues, NO freeze ups, and NO errors.

2. The truth is Nvidea dominates ATI in framerate at base settings (the X800 XT doesnt get good till its at hig resoultuion; but even at that its not very higher)
The truth is nVidia doesn't dominate ATi in framerate at base settings. They are usually 5-10 fps different as base settings with ATi edging over 10+ fps with all the goodies on. If you like playing with crap-tastic settings, nVidia is for you!

3. Nvidea has an all around better user friendly interface thats very easy
Yea, user friendly. But a lot of people don't like being handed the training wheels to their card :/.

4. Pixel shader 3 is going to be used in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and other high end games for years to come (so your card will be good for a while)
PS3: Anything you can do I can do better. I can do anything better than you.
PS2: No you can't!
PS3: Yes I can!
PS2: No you can't! Anything you can do I can be back programmed to do also.

5. the 6800 was cheaper then the X800 XT (256megs)
Yes, the 6800 non ultra is definitely cheaper than the x800 xt, but it will be far slower :/. The 6800Ultra is about the same price, and the 6800 Ultra Extreme is 100 dollars more for only 40 more mhz on the core -_-.

bottomline: why pay more for less?
sure ATI will have maybe 5fps more in HL2 then nvidea, but hey thats one game.
Well, I can use the same arguement for nVidia. Why pay less for... less?
Sure nVidia will have maybe 5fps more in Doom 3 than ATi, but hey, that's one game.

Also, ATi gets around 30-50 fps more in half life 2 with all the settings on, I believe... I'll dig up that benchmark and edit it into here... it's with the true HL2, not the beta.

meh thats how i figured, i was none-biased by the facts as i rummaged around the interweb looking for info
Then you're finding extremely biased people -_-.

*hugs 6800 ultra*
im so glad i bought you, now lets eagerly wait for Farcry Pixel Shader 3
Yes, the 6800Ultra is an awesome card, but I'd rather have the x800XT over it.

Fin.

Ahh, here they are:

Best answers
1.just cause you havent doesnt mean everyone else hasnt

2. yes i am right here and your charts prove it, those are higher res settings, plus you dont know what its testing on? could it be a game or a professional benchmarker o_O!

3. they arent training wheels *sigh* its just easier to do the same thing on an nvidea then it is on an ati (its like 2 buckets with the same contents except one is more organized)

4. so can pixel shader do anything pixel shader 2 can do, how about what 3 can do? - see the point?
*hey more games will start using pixel shading 3 as time comes out, pretty soon pixel shader 4 will come out, what will you pixel shader 2 ppl do!!!!! OH NOES

5. thats a typo and you know it, the ultra is cheaper then the XT

- half life 2 is only one game! and even ATI has bent over for it to be better

- not really i ran into many tests (basicly there were tons of tests that said ati did better, and other tons of tests that said nvidea was better, but ati did) and even did my own vs the XT, (even with the anon leak, but hush hush, the XT came on top by only 5-10 at a time) - my friend has the XT and envies my ultra
(thus posting FPS bench marks dont really make sense, and only ones that are REAL benchmarks and not GAME bench marks are valid, as each game has its bias)

*isaralien: who are you? i dont know you . . . i didnt even mention you in my last post o_O . . . someone i dont know is trying to make it seem i was attacking him . . . wierd, but dont do it again kthxbai

30 more frames it half life !?!?! no i think not, that would be suicide to them, EVEN beaing graphic card bias, that would not sit well with ppl

oh and just to humor you

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1710.4/
OH NOES!!!!

*sits down sighs and then gets back up to drink kool aid*

geez you think im yelling? - this isnt yelling, you will know when im yelling, im just simply passing along advice

*fanfare and elephants*

-fin-

*PS* give lid more web space

Best answers
Despite the tests etc, the fact is ati doesn't have alot of supported software programs going for it, games specifically designed for nvidia will run better, the shader is a added bonus but for the reason of the specific design i will say nvidia all the way.

Everquest 2 wouldn't look that good on ati imo, nvidia wasn't my first choice i owned many ati's but they all let me down, my geforce 4 ti 4200 hasn't let me down once, i can play the highest end games in high settings where as my ati's said to rich for my blood.

The price is high and low, but ill stick the road with the nvidia 6800ultra.

Retired
Best answers
turning into a warzone, vid-card war instead of console wars.

closed, I think the guy who started the thread has enough feedback through the poll and the responses given.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom