R.I.P. Steve Jobs

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still that other half has to count for something, right?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pessimism and Debbie Downers aside, I love my iMac, my job at an Apple Store is the best place I can be working as a college student, love my iPods. Far from a perfect man, but he did a lot that was relevant to my life. I am surprised to see how green Steve/Apple wants to be, but then let their contracted factories continue in their conditions

And if we are on he topic of straight truths, starving children are sad, not immediately relevant to me. When Morgan Freeman dies, I am gonna have an arbitrary "RIP :(" Facebook status as well. He doesn't know me and I know very little of personal life, but he's somewhat high profile in relevance to what I surround myself with. So many starving, dying people in the world and I am going to mourn a celebrity. Horrible. Welcome to human psychology.

Best answers
I'm one of those people who found out who Steve Jobs is after people started to say "Steve Jobs is dead!". In any case, I've never been a fan of Apple, but I feel for any cancer victim, it's a ****ty disease. May he rest in peace.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's sensational about dying from cancer?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing, until a million articles and interviews pop up that dwell on it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They clamor when he has a keynote for a new product/Apple earnings statement, the clamor when a prototype iPhone 4 goes missing, and some clamor when he responds to user emails or makes appearances, so his death would certainly bring attention of the media.

In front of my Apple Store half the front of the store is covered with sticky notes of people expressing their sadness, and someone even left an Apple II in front. I knew he was a very public, vocal CEO but I never expected things like this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom