R.I.P. Chris Benoit

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
seriously though, i've never understood why everyone goes nuts over celebrity deaths...
Because they feel an attachment to the person. They think they know the person, and thus mourn their passing as if they were a friend. It's kind of stupid to feel an attachment to someone you've never met, just because you think you know them, because they've entertained you on TV. But it happens, as in this case. People who think they knew Chris Benoit will mourn his passing for a couple of days and then move on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
seriously though, i've never understood why everyone goes nuts over celebrity deaths
If there was a report of Joe Buckleberry killing himself along with his family, no one would give a flerk.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Onslaught said:
so basically, it's like... cybering?
Exactly, only more pathetic.

mf29 said:
If there was a report of Joe Buckleberry killing himself along with his family, no one would give a flerk.
Who the hell is Joe Buckleberry?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
being murdered by your own weght machine... terrible way to go =[

seriously though, i've never understood why everyone goes nuts over celebrity deaths... the only one that ever affected me was Dimebag Darrell... but anyone will admit being shot in the head seven times at point blank range, mid gig, is an awful way to go for ANYONE.

murder suicide? sorry, i don't see the appeal.
There is no appeal. Whether someone was shot to death or died in their sleep from sleep apnea, the fact remains that the person is no longer living. I've become depressed over a number of "celebrity" deaths, but I don't claim that I knew any one of them. Besides, there's no general reason as to why people mourn the death of people they don't know. It's more of a specific thing rather than "oh, it's because they were a celebrity".

Besides, this thread isn't about why people mourn over the deaths of people they don't know. It's about the recent passing of Chris Benoit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well of course people are going to go nuts over the deaths...An entire family is dead and all by the hands of the father, and people aren't going to go nuts over it just because he's a celebrity. If this happened to a non-celebrity family it would bring almost as much attention, but being well known does give it the extra attention boost, and that's to be expected. I think the thing that's going to bring the most attention is that he killed his son, it would be more disturbing if he was an infant, but 7 is still pretty defenseless...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
do you think he used the crossface? =x

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never mourned for or felt depressed by the death of a celebrity. Never. I've felt bad that they're gone, but it's a brief "that's too bad" kind of thing, and that was just with James Doohan.

Life goes on. (no pun intended)

Best answers
It was also reported that there was a Bible by both Nancy and Daniel's bodies.
I dont understand what was up with that. From what i read, his friends said that he thought religion was stupid, and that he didnt believe in god or anything like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK thats enough.

Terrible terrible taste.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont understand what was up with that. From what i read, his friends said that he thought religion was stupid, and that he didnt believe in god or anything like that.
Maybe his wife was religious, and he respected her religion, but that's highly unlikely... but then again they said a bible was near them, that could mean it was feet away on their dressers or maybe they were reading when they were attacked.

But the sickest thing is if the timing of the killings is accurate, then his kid knew for an entire day that his mom was dead, and his dad killed her and probably knew he was next, thats just torture.

And please, don't be disgusting and say **** like that lee, I have an enormous sense of humor, but I don't find suffocation of a child humorous at all.

Best answers
Because they feel an attachment to the person. They think they know the person, and thus mourn their passing as if they were a friend. It's kind of stupid to feel an attachment to someone you've never met, just because you think you know them, because they've entertained you on TV. But it happens, as in this case. People who think they knew Chris Benoit will mourn his passing for a couple of days and then move on.
You are completely wrong in EVERYTHING, except for one thing. And that is the "they've entertained you on TV" part.

Quite frankly, I don't feel as if I lost a friend or any crap like that, I just feel as if a part that entertained me is no more. Gone. History. And that's not cool, heh.

People don't know that celebrity, which leads me to the whole point: All they know about him/her is the amount of entertainment that person offers the viewers day by day. That's what they really miss. That's what they don't like losing.

Most actors get themselves wrapped up in some really heavy ****. I mean I don't know about you, but I've never heard about an actor that died peacefully in a rocking chair or anything like that. If so, I bet it rarely happens. It's either drugs, alcohol, stress... so I'm not all THAT surprised about this heavy twist... although yeah, killing your own son and wife... that is just plain sick and makes my stomach turn.

Why does almost every single celebrity death have to be such a ****ing skandal though...? I keep asking myself that question...

Best answers
Maybe his wife was religious, and he respected her religion, but that's highly unlikely... but then again they said a bible was near them, that could mean it was feet away on their dressers or maybe they were reading when they were attacked.
I think he laid them next to his son and wife either out of respect for their religion... or in spite of it. Either way... im done conspiring about what he did.

WWE said:
STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 ? World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff?s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit?s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities
Well thats what the WWE says... and i think i agree with it.

Vince McMahon said:
The following message from Vince McMahon aired at the beginning of tonight's ECW on Sci Fi:

Last night on Monday Night Raw, the WWE presented a special tribute show, recognizing the career of Chris Benoit. However, now some 26 hours later, the facts of this horrific tragedy are now apparent. Therefore, other than my comments, there will be no mention of Mr. Benoit tonight. On the contrary, tonight's show will be dedicated to everyone who has been affected by this terrible incident. This evening marks the first step of the healing process. Tonight, the WWE performers will do what they do better than anyone else in the world--entertain you.
Looks like Vince is really regretting that 3 hour tribute to Benoit.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are completely wrong in EVERYTHING, except for one thing. And that is the "they've entertained you on TV" part.

No, I'm not wrong. Besides, I didn't necessarily mean YOU. I mean most people.

Quite frankly, I don't feel as if I lost a friend or any crap like that, I just feel as if a part that entertained me is no more. Gone. History. And that's not cool, heh.

Okay, that's fine. As I said, I didn't mean you, and most people would be smart enough to realize that.

People don't know that celebrity, which leads me to the whole point: All they know about him/her is the amount of entertainment that person offers the viewers day by day. That's what they really miss. That's what they don't like losing.

You don't know much about how the average human mind works, do you?
10magiccharstobeatthecharacterlimit

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'd be surprised how many people who claim to have no interest in religion, to turn to god in desperate or 'coming to an end' times.

What dissapoints me is how difficult it is to forsee an irrational series of murders, with anybody, not just celebrities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom