Quick revcovery & Trowing

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The recovery part it's way to slow so I was thinking about this :
1)some one trow you in a high distants here you can do 2 things wait a few sec to recover and get hit by a blast
2)or just get hit by ki blast

my sugestion goes like this
when you recover you can teleport and still be not recover 100% so that you can prevert the blast hit this drain more stamina then all

Trowing sould be more realistic:exeple
On ESF City ,when some one trow's you into a building you will go past trought it but only if the trow is near the bulding you can't recover, if you go intro a bulding the recover meter goes up so you could even go up to 2 or 3 buldings the recover meter goes up evrytime you get hit in a building (I hope this get's in the game it will make the game more fun and DBZ ish) to make this work when you hit the bulding or mountain you will like a decal ,the team can make it like a teleport you hit the bulding teleport to the other side of it whit more power in the recover meter.

Discuse

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you talking about throwing people through buildings? That isn't possible on the Half-Life engine.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you talking about throwing people through buildings? That isn't possible on the Half-Life engine.
It is if you make the person teleport through it. But that could lead to people getting stuck under the map.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
telepor on the other side of the bulding not in the map a small teleport like a dimension door

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or how about now hitboxes for the buildings? when they are being thrown
There are. Im simply refering to brushes. They are exacly how the mapper places them. Meaning hollow stuff is actualy holow. Example is EVM you can teleport through stuff. BUT you can allso get stuck inside the hgolow areas of the map.

Best answers
John, even if it was done, there'd have to be like a ka-zillion teleport entries and exits.

OK, for example:

\ This is the direction a character is thrown at:

|_| This is the building.

Now let's say these two dots are an entry and an exit from the building:

.|_|.

Now suppose the character goes \ through dot 1 and then exits through dot 2... He would go diagonally and then come out horizontally? Makes no sense... Unless of course u can somehow make the teleporting "gate" recognize the direction the player is coming from and then calculate it, which I really doubt..

The teleporting idea when you're being blown/thrown away is not that bad, but the building idea isn't good. Sorry, I don't think it'd work out.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so what about that quick recovery thing

Best answers
IMO, not bad at all. I've seen characters do this in dbz, altho rarely.

But sure, it's not a bad idea. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom