Punk?,Prep?,Jock?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ever see saved by the bell?

A.C.Slater was the jock
Zack was the prep
Screech was the punk of that generation IE: didnt fit in.

by the way, sorry to break it to the 'punks' out there. no one cares that your 'different' because in reality your exactly the same as all the other 'different' people. Hippie was replaced by Punk. just phases of people wanting to be different and special, i wonder what the next one will be.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
davidskiwan said:
bands like blink 182 and match box 20 they sound the same
::scratches head::

actually the only thing that blink182 and matchbox twenty have in common is they both have numbers in their name... They sound nothing similar. I wouldn't even consider matchbox twenty a punk band...

either way, let's stop the bashing of any high school clique. If you really are sick of it, just trudge through it for four years and off to college and partying you go!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Punks don't try to be special, from what I've experienced, they just tend to keep to themselves and their own group. I don't know where you got any idea that they resemble Hippies, becuase that's far from the truth.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
punk1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pngk)
n.
Slang.
A young person, especially a member of a rebellious counterculture group.
An inexperienced young man.
Music.
Punk rock.
A punk rocker.

hip·pie also hip·py ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hp)
n. pl. hip·pies
A person who opposes and rejects many of the conventional standards and customs of society, especially one who advocates extreme liberalism in sociopolitical attitudes and lifestyles.

hippie
n : someone who rejects the established culture; advocates extreme liberalism in politics and lifestyle [syn: hippy, flower child]

especially a member of a rebellious counterculture group.
A person who opposes and rejects many of the conventional standards and customs of society
far from the truth eh?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WTF? i didnt say anything about punks being special yet you all presume i (well im the only one thats said theyre a punker, who else are you talking to) think that, im one of the only punkers in my school, the only other one is my best friend ive known scince i was 3. I get along fine with other people....

"no one cares that your 'different' because in reality your exactly the same as all the other 'different' people" EVERY one is unique, punks dont think that theyre any different than the rest, they just rather look on things in a different light than all being presured into things.... by you slagging punks off thats exactly why a punk would think of himself as different, because instead of stereotyping and *****ing about certain groups, he doesnt care. If i meet a nice person, regardless of wether they were a punk, jock, prep, geek, watever, I'll be nice to them. Its incredibly childish to slag of other cultures, because people have their reasons for being and who are you to say whats right for them? i dont tell you what you should change or how you should behave, so why do you do it?

just a phase? no, because it means alot to me, my beliefs and what i do, its part of me, and i find it insulting that you would think of me in such a facist way, i dont think im different to anyone, we all have the same human rights, we are all equal, but we are all unique, not different.

Sorry for the rant but im not going to sit around and take abuse, punks are just as good people as any other group of people, i dont think its fair for them to be scrutinised in this way. Im probably gonna get alot of flak for this.

edit about the hippy stuff, hippies want to rebel in a peaceful and non agressive way, where as punks are prepared to stand up for what they believe in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not gonna change? so when your an old man in a rocking chair your gonna have a tongue bolt and the spiked green hair with eyeshadow and all the like? (speaking stereotypically)

im friends with lots of punks. it doesnt mean i treat them like crap. my friend is even in a punk band (which i cant stand) but im still his friend. so youve just went against your own beliefs in assuming i hate all punks regardless of the person behind the label =p

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, you were slaging off punks imo, and so i responded to that, i dont like being slagged off i dont do it to you, so why did you do it to me? I never said you hated punks or anything of the such, i refered to the fact that you presumed that i'd conform to a certain stereotypical view, in which my response was, why do you think that? I didnt refer to you not liking all punk, i refered to you holding a certain stereotypical view. I didnt say anything about how you treat your friends all i did was explain why i dont think i should take crap for being who i am, tell me where did i say anything about how you think of other people? i started by percifically saying that you were refering to me, because you were talking to punks, and im the only one that had admitted to it. I never presumed you hadnt got any punk friends.

And about growing old, i dont like piercings and tattoos, i like the hair, but what you look like doesnt mean your a punk.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i never told you to do anything either hotshot =p

um, no slagging either.

If i meet a nice person, regardless of wether they were a punk, jock, prep, geek, watever, I'll be nice to them.
this seemed to me that you were implying that i would not do the same.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didnt imply anything i was just saying my view on the subject, i wasnt critisising you in any way, i didnt refer to you, or anyone else, i was talking about myself.

"by the way, sorry to break it to the 'punks' out there. no one cares that your 'different' because in reality your exactly the same as all the other 'different' people. Hippie was replaced by Punk. just phases of people wanting to be different and special, i wonder what the next one will be." erm excuse me? slurring a culture puts those who occupy the culture under certain presures, in a way, you are saying "you punks are wrong, im right dont be a punk because of their bogus reputation" Sorry if im reading to deeply, but you'd feel presured to change your way of life, if evrything it stood for was under scrutiny

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
erm... ooooook

anyway the guys got his answer so really no point to keep this open.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry if ive offended anyone, that wasnt my intent, and im sorry Pain, if i pissed u off im sorry, i just didnt like what you were saying.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dave and Pain, your opinions are no longer needed in this thread, post again and you will receive warnings. Unless anyone else has anything on-topic to say just let the thread die.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some say school is simply a system which allows us to build up higher prejudices. And here we have it; can you feel the love?

Enjoy Ireland goketa. Differences just tend to make people label and hate each other... isn't there something like that going on there right now anyway? ^_-

Remember kids: You're all special unique snowflakes of special unique specialness. Just like everybody else.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hang out with a few prep girls and some prep friends but they don't act prep to me though....I hate some preps because there so close minded wanna be wise asses at all time and want to win all of the time only because they have freaking money.Punks I get along with all of them some of them are awesome.Jocks geez I HATE JOCKS damn show offs saying "I GOT A 6 PACK!" wanna be wise asses...

Best answers
Hitokiri said:
Enjoy Ireland goketa. Differences just tend to make people label and hate each other... isn't there something like that going on there right now anyway? ^_-
lol; No, actually nothing bad ever happens in Ireland, we all love eachother.

Anyway thanks everyone for the info and as a great philosopher once said:

"Remember kids: You're all special unique snowflakes of special unique specialness. Just like everybody else."

,so lets leave the thread on that happy note.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pain u obviously have no idea what true punk is. ill say this again, punk is a state of mind not a fashon trend.

a guy could have glasses, high water pants, and a freakin pocket protector and still be more punk then some poser in a studded jacket, and hot topic brand clothing.

the main difference between punks and hippies is hippies protest things peacefully, punks destroy **** in protest.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
This thread has been more trouble than it's worth, turned into more of a debate.

Magus you just punk kid :p
~Miroku

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom