PSing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont beleive this has been brought up, but sorry if i'm wrong. Whenever i get into a ps in 1.1 The heads of the beam always end up straying off into a diferent irection and usually moves out too far to hurt the guy that im Psing with. I think it would be a cool feature to implement if you're winning a PS you can control where the heads of the beam go, just as if you were firing it normally but slower. This would eliminate the long waits as you could turn it into a wall, or just straight at your enemy instead of it straying right under him and slowly creeping to the other side of the map.

Best answers
1) i nvr noticed a suggestion as to the beams going off target so ur safe there
2) sounds like a good idea to me
3) hopefuly it will be added to 1.3 but its not likely (i pray tho)

Best answers
I always thought the beams should move along rails. Say you start a ps and are losing. The heads of the beams should travel exactly along the beam trails, straight back towards you. If you are winning, the heads should travel exactly along your opponents beam trail. I don't know what effect this would have on the engine(fps loss, lag, etc.), but I think it would look better. Right now, Im pretty sure the beams are controlled like the rocket launcher in HL and TFC, where the rocket(beam head) goes where the red dot(crosshair) is, which means there is PROBABLY no residual pathfinding data for the ps to use, but I know next to nothing about the HL engine, I am just making assumtions.

However, I do think the idea where whoever is winning the PS can controll the beams is a good idea.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, i just want to be able to actually hit my target in a ps, sorten the ps too. Allthough the coders are probably already working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom