Ps3 to Win Next-gen War

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
All I'm going to say is, no matter which system you prefer, this is going to be a very good next few years for ALL of us.
Amen to that sister.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not a microsoft fanboy or anything, and i used to hate microsoft. but i bought a 360 and its a nice system. there arent alot of excellent games out, but it hasnt been out very long, most of the games seen were still in development. but i dont believe the ps3 or wii will instantly have a great line of "must have" titles. so i think people should chill.

i bash nintendo alot, but I'm probobly gonna get a wii, its fairly cheap and hell smash brothers is an entertaining party game.

will get a ps3 eventually... tekken 6 will be a must have. and they are going to have some other awsome games too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The fight hasn't even started yet, and already they're calling a winner. Okay...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think there are a lot of contributing factors to look into the success of the PS3. least of all being the games slated for release, (mgs4? dmc4? and that awsome looking game Assassin Creed). but also support for BluRay from many movie companies. theres a rumour going round in the chain i work for, that Lucasarts are going to be releasing all 6 star wars movies in HD, on a single BluRay disc.

if a lot of other companies do compilations like that, especially Disney, bearing in mind the price of a standard bluray player compared with a ps3, or even a standard hd player compared to an xbox 360, were gonna see a huge boost in sales for the ps3.

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
i think there are a lot of contributing factors to look into the success of the PS3. least of all being the games slated for release, (mgs4? dmc4? and that awsome looking game Assassin Creed). but also support for BluRay from many movie companies. theres a rumour going round in the chain i work for, that Lucasarts are going to be releasing all 6 star wars movies in HD, on a single BluRay disc.

if a lot of other companies do compilations like that, especially Disney, bearing in mind the price of a standard bluray player compared with a ps3, or even a standard hd player compared to an xbox 360, were gonna see a huge boost in sales for the ps3.
Im very disappointed with Disney at the moment. They won't re-release any movies for the Blu Ray format, so im not really looking forward to it, and i don't think they have as much faith in Blu Ray as their leading on, in my opinion.

Just look at UMD's, UMD movie Companies supported UMDs and look at what happened there ? -- This is important because many casuals and some moderate gamers honestly could care less about Blu Ray. As far as the Star Wars movies goes-- they are also releasing all six movies in HD on cinamax. Just wanted to make note of that, no point really. ^_^

Anyway's, most people watch DVD's on standalone players-- alot of people won't mess around with a gaming console to watch movies. They'll get something that just plays movies and has a familiar remote that comes with it. Early adopters won't care about price either way.

I still don't see Blu Ray getting good market penetration for at least 3 to 4 years. $500-$600 is still $500-$600. Dual layer HD-DVD discs have the space to hold compilations also. I think you over estimating the amount of people who will be compelled to pay that. Don't forget the PS3 is "supposed" to be a gaming console. I really think that DVD will be the main format for another 5 years, guaranteed.

Sony simply can't tell people they need to buy HDTV's and a $500-$600 movie player just to watch movies in Hi def.

Their brand name isn't that powerful-- atleast i hope not.

Best answers
u do know that blueray has a crap load of support that umds didnt have right diamond ?..i dont think it will end u like umds :]

but other then that, i personaly dont think ps3 has alot going for it arent xbox 360 graphics teh same as ps3 ? O_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in technicalities, no. the ps3 has better support for a lot of smaller things, which of course all add up to something better.

to be honest, i think we should all hold fire until its released, and then judge. im still a firm believer in what bluray is gonna do to the market, the only downside, is there are currently few/no tv's which can display as high a resolution as the ps3 can output...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
UMD's were problematic because nobody wanted to buy the same film twice (once on DVD and once on UMD). It's much easier to buy a 2gb memory stick and put a couple of films on it, then delete them when you're bored and add something new. Blu-ray is a step up, not a step down. I don't forsee it having the same problem.

My biggest concern in that respect is that Microsoft are supporting HD-DVD in both 360's and PC's, and they practically own the PC market. Does that mean Vista will have more support for HD-DVD players than Blu-ray drives? I don't see why they'd want to support a rival technology.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think that will matter. for the same reason with hardware, they havent made anything thats like "if you own an nvidia motherboard you cant use an ati gpu", i doubt they could do that with a bluray drive support within windows, all it takes is for someone to write a driver at the end of the day, and thats something microsoft cant control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom