PS3 Games?

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, Those that know me will know I'm not much of a PS3 fan. Infact I'm more fond of the 360 but....

My mum got one for free and since she won't even use it just for the Blu-Ray I'm getting it.

Now my actual question is.

What are some good, Probally older and cheaper games? I don't have alot of spare cash at the best of times so I can't really fork out for brand new games :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It depends on what type of games you like.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bought a PS3 for Metal Gear Solid 4, lol.

Although LittleBigPlanet might prove very entertaining. :eek:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been thinking of getting Lair and Resistance Fall of Man used, maybe those two games will interest you :eek:

Edit: Dude MGS4 is so freaking hard and confusing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't recommend Resistance at all, far more better FPSs out there.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also 'Lair' got 4.9 at IGN...

That's a whole 1.1 points less than this game:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-Warhawk
-Devil May Cry 4, if you're a fan
-Oblivion if you don't have 360
-Lost Planet if you don't have 360
-Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma

And other games that are also on the 360.

Optimus, Lee, and I have PS3s =D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Armored Core 4 if you like a challenge, fast paced action with shooting and blowing **** up.
You need to be a veteran to own online and really know how to work and function your mech.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/18082.html
Gah, yeah that too. One of the most awesome mech games. but online is lack luster. There is no lobby, so when your looking for a room, it's pretty random. AND it only searches for open rooms and puts you in them, so you can't see which ones are actually going on. AND it only searches through the selected section, so while there might not be any available ones in "USA, Battle Royale 4", there might be one in "Japan, Team Battle 8". It's ridiculous.

But the customization and combat are awesome.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-Oblivion if you don't have 360
I have a PC ;)

I'd probally want a couple of MP games (Off-Line :))

Also is the PS3's online a subscription service like XBL or is it free like the Wii's?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a PC ;)

Also is the PS3's online a subscription service like XBL or is it free like the Wii's?
No it's free. Not as fine tuned as XBL, but yeah it's free. And, unlike the Wii, you can browse the internet without having to pay for that feature. It also has built in wi-fi, so if you have a wireless connection, you don't have to buy an accessory.

Be sure to upload some music because I believe custom soundtracks will be possible in future games. Also, uploading pictures to the PS3 give them a really nice high resolution, so I like to make my own wallpapers.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And, unlike the Wii, you can browse the internet without having to pay for that feature.
I haven't paid a cent to browse the internet on my Wii, nor have I been contacted by Nintendo to pay a fee for using its Internet Channel o_O

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe that the internet channel now costs money. If you installed it when it first came out, you got it for free.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I can say Deverz is that LittleBigPlanet is going to revolutionize customizable gaming and is out in October.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have:

fight night round 3 (awsome)
MGS4 - the best thing ever, in the world, period... mission 4.... RETURN TO SHADOW MOSES BABY!
DMC4 - for all your juggling and ***** slapping needs.
motorstorm... bit samey, but it's actually kinda fun too, one of those play for 10 mins when you're bored, games.
transformers - just because
enchanted arms - story is pretty cool
assassins creed - very repetative

up-coming game that is gonna fkn rule, is called "inFamous". imagine playing GTA4, but your character is straight from the Heroes, series. o/!

oh, and Saints Row 2

Best answers
I have a PC ;)

I'd probally want a couple of MP games (Off-Line :))

its free.
Get MGS 4, also get Soul Calibur 4 for Vader.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't paid a cent to browse the internet on my Wii, nor have I been contacted by Nintendo to pay a fee for using its Internet Channel o_O
Neither, the internet channel was free for a year after the release I think.

G
All I can say Deverz is that LittleBigPlanet is going to revolutionize customizable gaming and is out in October.
And you'll have to pay to play other people's custom maps, hah.

I'll keep an eye on Little Big Planet but right now I believe the only thing worth getting a PS3 for is MGS4.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And you'll have to pay to play other people's custom maps, hah.
There has actually been a clarification on this.

"SCEE and Media Molecule can guarantee that all consumer-generated content will be free at launch. We know how important this is to the LBP community and what we want most is for people to enjoy playing, creating and sharing their content," Sony told Eurogamer.

"Obviously, we're also excited about the future and David was talking about how user-generated content could potentially evolve in the long term. Any decisions that are taken to evolve LBP in the future, will include the community and focus purely on enhancing the user experience."
Source.

G
Ah they fixed their story then, I was surprised when they first announced it, a decision that would enrage the freebie-loving audience they themselves targeted. This makes a lot more sense, but, still leaves me cautious. I'll see how it goes when it comes out though, I'm very much interested to see how long it remains in the spotlight, whether it'll keep everyone talking about it for a year or so to come.. Or if it'll die out in a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom