Proportion of Melee useage???

Best answers
I like the melee system, and I agree that a majority of the combat in the game should be melee. But It's also true that the better you get at the game the more you use melee and the less you use energy. So that a good player (as many people have already boasted) use it 99% of the time.

99%? Ok... 55-70% yeah, fine. 99%? No, that's just dumb. In Dragon Ball Z they used WAY more energy attacks and they had much better effectiveness. And that's the whole point of this game, to be like DBZ.

It seems the game is just balanced poorly, but Melee whores love it. When I get my @$$ handed to me in DMC, it all makes sense. Those guys are just good. But in ESF I'm left seeing a huge lopsidedness to the melee aspect, but I never feel cheated if I've been hit by a beam. There must be some way to balance the game so that all aspects are used in a balance. Not just saying: "Oh, well just use melee more" how lame is that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
read the Beta1.2 outline
there'll be a completely new melee in next release

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not an issue of balance, it's an issue of knowing how to use both systems together effectivly , im a decent player, i use melee a little more than i use beams and energy attacks. percentage wise its probably 55% melee 45 % energy. Using energy correctly allows you not to have to have the melee skills some of those gods have out there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
melee doesnt leave you as vulnerable to an outside attack as standing there charging a beam.
melee doesnt rely soley on your characters power level to be effective.
melee requires you aim at your opponent, not get close to him and blow up.

melee takes more skill, thats all there is too it. i use melee 95% of the time. when im beamwhoring its just way too easy to use buu and blow up anything close to my beam. if you try beaming with krillen.... your not going to kill anything anytime soon.

Best answers
Pain said:
melee doesnt leave you as vulnerable to an outside attack as standing there charging a beam.
melee doesnt rely soley on your characters power level to be effective.
melee requires you aim at your opponent, not get close to him and blow up.
So basicly you're saying it's unbalanced and you like it? ok.

read the Beta1.2 outline
I keep hearing about this, but I do searches and can't find it?!? I read something about adding throws and working on melee, but I didn't know they are completely redoing it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im saying that both systems need work.
melee takes more skill and awareness
beams are too easy to kill people with if you have a huge PL

and dont be lookin for trouble
Darksun said:
I agree that a majority of the combat in the game should be melee
hey look at that YOU also agree that it's unbalanced and you like it? ok.

Best answers
and dont be lookin for trouble
yeah..

hey look at that YOU also agree that it's unbalanced and you like it? ok.
yeah! I think it's fine. but 95%!!!! pfff.. come ON! Maybe it should probably be more like 50% melee, 50% everything else. There should be a LOT more use of the smaller ki attacks.

Whatever the %, a person should ba able to choose one or both (fighting an equal opp) and win. I think any who is being remotely honest will tell you that melee is the better way to go. THAT'S the problem.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont ever just use one alone. For instance when im in trouble when im in melee, i beam jump away, and tghe explosion usually gets my attacker. Or after i finish a combo, i charge a generic beam and finish them off with it. If i don't feel like engaging in melee i'll blast someone with a generic beam before they get to me. If you just sit around motionless charging a beam, don't expect to be unbeatable.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Being a melee whore :)/), I find it is alot harder to melee than beam. With a beam you can literally fire it in the middle of a map and hit someone, scoring yourself some nice pl. With melee, you must coordinate your attacks, swoop around your opponent, teleport, avoid ho... melee abusers, etc. Beams on the other hand require no, if any, skill at all.

-UltraPerfectCell

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You see good people using melee becuase beams take no skill to use. Anyone could just simply select kamehameha and hold down the fire button. But melee, melee takes skill and is challenging. When you melee, you want to prove to the guy your fighting that you can own him. You want to be the best in the server. When I get into a fight with somone good, its a rush. When i get into a fight with somone bad that thinks hes good becuase he "abuses" the ki system, its still fun if not more becase i get to beat somone that thinks hes all that and really isnt. You cant get that satisfaction with beams. Beams are repetitive. Just hold fire, and wait. How boring. Beams dont need to be balenced, they need to be made fun or made so that they can be combined into the melee system (im hoping that it you can mix melee and beams in1.2) to enhance that rush you get figthing somone thats better or as good as you.

Also, there shouldnt be a percentage of how much you beam or how much you melee, they should be combind into one and be the same. If you melee, your forced to beam and if you beam, your forced to melee(lol that one is already in1.1 ;)).

Anyway, my point is the game is isnt balenced, but its fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
god first people ***** that esf is all about beams then melee is in and now its too much melee

u dont like melee fine then dont use it but dont ***** that other people use it too much

and watch dbz and u will notice IT IS 99% MELEE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom