"Progress bars" -- How bout No?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a lot of griping about the release date and wanting of a progress meter. I say to hell with the progress meter! Know why? Simple--

Because they've added like 30,000 new features to the game for this build that are secret or special little surprises that we weren't expecting. So I have to say, I'd rather have the tons of new features than a bar telling me inaccurately when it's going to be ready. ESF's strong point isn't WHEN it's going to be ready--it's WHAT will be in it. And I like it that way!

Best answers
Well, to anyone who feels the need to know the exact progress of ESF, I suggest you learn a small bit of patience. As a beta-tester, I can assure you that progess is definitely in motion, and I can also assure you that the release would be delayed if the team took time to lay out and document everything they did. Just know that things are coming to be, and if you have any questions about a certain feature, the team's going to answer. Joe's rather active, as are other team members.

So relax, kids. :yes: 1.2 will be here when it's here, and it will be well worth the wait.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My point exactly. it'd just slow them down, and we wouldn't get all the cool sudden additions in the process.

Sound Artist
Best answers
They'd never be completed, we're always adding things.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
which is one of the many reasons why it wouldnt work ever

too many things get add or deleted or changed

Best answers
lol is this your way of telling me that i suck? i already know that it is a capital no, why do you have to make such a fuss over it, if you read what it says, it will say no we arnt having a progress bar cause of new ideas. sheesh

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what are u talk about no one even mentioned u in this topic

Best answers
it was me who came up with that idea and he just threw it in my face when one of the esf team had poleitly ( <-- not sure bout that word) said no cause of new ideas

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so just because he makes a topic saying no to the idea doesnt mean hes attacking u

so if u wish to talk to him or do what ever continue this in a pm instead of in posts that cause problems for other people

Best answers
but the thread that i posted this about is on the first page, surley he would have read it and saw that it was a no idea, so why did he make another one saying no to this idea when it was already a no?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Yeah,he could have posted it in your thread

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know the team's answer was no. I was just stating why I don't want one anyway, and why I think most of us wouldn't if we stopped to think for five minutes about what it would mean.

I didn't mean to personally attack you. If you'd like, I can do that, but that wasn't my original goal.

It just pisses me off that all the grabass 12-year-olds with Photoshop 9.0 installed on their dad's desktops thanks to Kazaa, and all they care about is "gimme gimme gimme free stuff immediately." Younger users these days seem to think that we are ENTITLED to free stuff like patches, authentication servers, game matching services, and mods. Well, we're not--they're doing us a FAVOR, people. Why should we boss them around about how to package it, is all I was getting at.

[expects a warning from mods]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think they need a bar, the outline is kept pretty up to date, it should give you a rough idea of what they are working on and what they have accomplished etc. It can be found in the help section on the main page for people who haven't seen it.

Best answers
1). I agree, progress bars are stupid. They rarely update the main page anyway, hell they probably don't look at it more than once a week. Thier dev journals are hopelessly behind. Something tells me progress bars won't be too useful.

Halorin said:
Well, to anyone who feels the need to know the exact progress of ESF, I suggest you learn a small bit of patience. As a beta-tester,

2). Halorin, lol prepare to have your PM inbox violated

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I agree with the established notion, and also being in on the testing, I concur with Halorin - there is no need for concern, progress is quite good considering what time of year it is (glances at university calendar). Having people see a progress bar can spark impatience, anyway.

Best answers
Nah Abe, no one sends me PM's, heh. I never really thought about it. Oh well. I BETA TEST. NOW WHAT!!?!?! D:

XD

Check the sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom