Problem with Mugengames..

Best answers
Well Topic says nearly everything .. I have got Windows XP and downloaded a DBZ Mugen Game and it doesn't work it always shows me the error: Couldn't change Video Mode .. i had an XP mugen.cfg for a while but i lost it .. i would be really happy if someone could help me! ;)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try running it in compatibility mode for 98, 2000, or even ME if that's possible.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
http://www.mgbr.net/index.php?end=6

Or you can wait for the Windows Version of Mugen, but no one knows when that will be out... and Elecbyte (the creators of Mugen) is pretty much dead.

Please note: That changing the sound options as described on that site is on your own risk, if something goes wrong, don't blame me for it.

Best answers
mhm.. tried the stuff which is posted there .. i changed the settings but it isn't still working :( :( :( well .. thank you anyway!

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Okay try this:

Width = 800
Height = 600

If that STILL doesn't work

Width = 1024
Height = 768

I just remembered I had the same problem and I had to choose a high resolution because my Video Card wouldn't support resolutions beyond 800 x 600

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If that doesn't work try 300*400 that's what I did and it works perfect. But I use 98 SE.

Best answers
there's a win xp compatible mugen, i got it... just search the net or PM me.. MUGEN ROCKS!!!

Best answers
DPredator said:
Okay try this:

Width = 800
Height = 600

If that STILL doesn't work

Width = 1024
Height = 768

I just remembered I had the same problem and I had to choose a high resolution because my Video Card wouldn't support resolutions beyond 800 x 600

Orbit said:
If that doesn't work try 300*400 that's what I did and it works perfect. But I use 98 SE.
Tried both of your suggestions but still doesn't work :(
@lv/n check your PM Messages :)

Best answers
RUNING MUGEN UNDER WINDOWS XP

1° Step - GRAPHICS

To run Mugen on Windows XP you have to change a mugen file. Inside the folder DATA (inside mugen main folder) exist a file named mugen.cfg, open it with notepad. Search for the key [video], you will find something like:

[Video]
;Enter the width and height of the resolution you want to set here.
;The optimal resolution is 320x240, but if your video card has problems
;You may want to try 640x480.
Width = 320
Height = 240

change the values to:

Width = 640
Height = 480

Scrool down some lines in the same file and you will find:

;Choose from "1" for VESA1, "Linear" or "Banked" for VESA2, and "3" for
;VESA3.
;Note: VESA1 is very slow on certain video cards, especially the newer
;ones. "Linear" or "3" is usually the fastest for new cards.
;Default is "Linear".
Vesamode = Linear

change the value to:

Vesamode = 1

Now close the file (don't forget to save) and you are ready to run mugen under Windows XP.

2° Step - SOUND

To make sound work in mugen you have to edit the file autoexec.nt (located at c:\windows\system32) with notepad.

Just go to the last line of your autoexec.nt file and insert this line:

SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H7 P330 T6

Save the file, reboot your system, and now you have sound in your mugen, have fun.

Best answers
someone should make a mugen 3d version for windows

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all talking but no sence is coming out, mugen is made for 98 and NOT for xp.
i played mugen a long time and never had so mutch problem in 98 as in xp.
just fase it, xp is not made for dos games and never will be.
it's just the fact that mugen play's on dos mode so you nead 98 or me to play it proppely. :D

Best answers
but mugen still works under xp.(only with weird sound at my pc).iv played mugen a long time,too.and there will be no mugen for windows.elecbyte is dead.and why should someone make mugen in 3d?2d games kick 3d´s ass.
all dbz mugen games you can download now have stupid cheap poor characters.the good ones arent avaiable for download anymore.anyway dbz mugen dies.go and buy dbz supersonic warriors for gba and download no ****ing rom!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
btw, if you realy want a good mugen pack.
download one one kazaa "z fighters vs the world" , all z fighthers are in and mutch other fighters.(included non existed fusions)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom