Problem with 3dsmax

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey! For some reason, when I apply a bitmap to an object, it looks very pixelated. I've tried using all of the video drivers, and all of their options, but nothing works. Please help!

Best answers
K, ... I think i know how to solve your issue
Go to
Customize>Prefrences>Viewports>
Then near the bottom there are two buttons Choose Driver and Configure Driver
Beside that it should say something like OpenGL or Direct3d I use OpenGL I find it works best if that isnt selected then go to choose driver and select OpenGL... after that is done Configure driver is what you need to select choose 1024 and then 512 on the next...
Good Luck sry this was so short

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thanks for the tip, but as I said, I already tried that and it didn't work. Sorry.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what are your current drivers for your video card? look in the options and make sure that the texture quality is at the highest quality, my textures always look pixelated unless i make sure i change that setting before loading max D:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The viewports don't alloew for the maps to be shown in high quality, even just high enough to accurately use the box-modelling techniques. Its a thorn in the side of anyone modelling a character. I know of no way to fix this other than rendering the image to see what needs to be moved where. The only thing I can suggest is increase the resolution of the bitmap so Max doesn't degrade it as much. I higher quality image won't be as badly affected.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have no idea what you're talking about, usually viewport rendering is much better for skinning because it actually shows how it looks, rather than a render that puts a filter over your work, and blurs/changes it in various ways.

Just to be sure, I hope u understand i ment look in your driver options, because i use ATI tray tools, i have to alter my settings there before I open max... my last post wasnt very clear on that :x

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As in...increasing screen resolution? Or something else?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's the resolution of the picture itself? If its not up to a certain resolution then it doesn't matter what your settings are in max, it'll simply come out looking pixellated when you zoom in to do some details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom