Probably a useles sugestion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Despite the morose thread name I really think this wouldn't suck, four giant breakables (one with a trigger to set of some larger sprites around the map like explosions, smoke and flashes) woudn't lag that much, and it wouldn't matter if it did because the round would be over, like some CS maps where the bomb triggers certain things to explode and change in the map which can lag but doesn't affect the gameplay. I think the 'Half-Life cant support multiplayer breakables' phrase is massively overused, it can easily handle four.

Also, you say that it would be map-specific which is true, but so is CTDB which is STILL in ESF despite just one official map supporting it.

Best answers
I think the layers should have hitpoints..like 1000 for each layer..(3 layers)
Generic beams and balls..lasers wouldnt destroy layers that fast.

After the core is exposed it should have 250-500 hp or something like that

And I think that not every map should get this game mode...only for specific maps..or even new maps. Remember sensubeans are not in every map.
Though i would advice this suggestion for 1.4

Gr8 idea :) Majin Pool..

[Offtopic] Didnt it took longer to create that gif instead of typing it? :D
Nice gif really...:)

Best answers
Well, its not really my gif, JP created it for me, Credits go to him, if you like the GIF, JP lives close to me, so i asked him if he could create something cool like that.

I asked him if he wanted Credits, but he didn't want it, i should say i made it, but thats not fair.
Credits for the Nice Gif goes to JP.

Thanks JP! :yes:

The idea is mine.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uch, why did you tell them? :confused: :S

Yes it was me, i created the GIF animation.
To be honest, i've seen what Majin Pool can do with a GIF animator, and its not pretty.

No offence MP.

oh well, thanks for the credits! :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And I think that not every map should get this game mode
didnt i already said that, it's like no one read's my post's

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok I made a map for ESF incorporating the idea to test it out, no bots, no other players, just me.

First of all the framerate drop wasn't significant enough to make me disconnect, but you could notice it and I run a pretty mean machine.

The model gibs were 'rock' but you could use a custom one, rock didn't really work well as they were tiny rocks compared to the huge slab I destroyed as the first layer.

On core destruction there were no lights, flashes or party hats (i'm too lazy) but i'm sure you could add them in via triggers and multimanagers etc.

The HP idea did work as you'd expect, but heres the downfall.

Discs (On Ultima's point). I used Krillen's. Not only did it destroy the first layer, but it went right through the second as well. >.< One more and the core was down. Argh. The disc size doesn't matter as the target is enormous. Solution? Add a new custom entity to the esf fgd that acts as a breakable but with larger gibs of the same texture as the brush with the entity tied to it and make it take a set number of damage from discs and nullify the 'continous penetration' (lol) rule that they follow to protect the core. You could also have a flag (tickbox) to damage anyone who touches it (for the fiery core) It would probably still cause a lot of framerate drops and I don't know about lag, though i'm sure it won't be pretty. Make the layers smaller (I was trying to work propotional to the gif)

Anyway, two thumbs up for the suggestion and the suggestions to the suggestion etc :yes: :yes:

And to contribute something useful, you probably wouldn't have the whole team attacking, some could attack the core and the rest could attack the defenders to stop them swatting away all the balls or beams, while the defenders could try their best to keep the attackers in melee so they can't shoot the layers.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the idea sounds greatbut whats to stop aGoku from launching a SB in there while the defenders are to buisy to keep the attackers buisy that they miss him

personaly i think it should be made whit a Frieza that is in the latest most possible form and lets say 700 HP and the attackers protect him while he trys to destroy the core the defenders must try to kill Frieza to repel the ofence if Frieza dies the defenders win if the planet gets destroid the attachers win so boath teams get something to protect and it would be like namek :laff:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i nodis that the sb and the db cant toutch a destructable opject so it wil go strate trou it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i nodis that the sb and the db cant toutch a destructable opject so it wil go strate trou it
True, but it'll go through and hit a solid brush and the explosion will damage the layers anyway, this means you can destroy the core without breaking the other layers first.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that makes it unfair, they must fix the sb and db to make it fair.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe for Spirit Bomb but I reckon DeathBall should be able to do it because thats the move Frieza uses to destroy Planet Namek and Planet Vegeta. It takes a long time to charge and it's a very obvious move to spot.

Best answers
Not planet Namek...that was another attack ;)
He used it on Planet Vegeta and Earth (Failed)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not that long to charge. Infact it's faster charging than sb so it's fairer that only db will be tweaked. Besides when Frieza used it it did go through the layers but not through the core itself and it didn't destroy it.

Best answers
But that was another attack on namek.
On planet Vegeta the layers and core where destroyed by frieza's deathball
If Trunks didnt prevent it on earth it would be just like on planet Vegeta.

On namek he could have destroy the core with that other attack but he held to much energy back.

Best answers
nice ideea and the Gif...but if the player reaches has u sad 100.000.000...and wan't 2 see some "fireworks" he could destroy it any time he want's....understood...there shoul be a target point were the EVIL player should Shoot..otherewise when he dies...and he starts again he could just charge the attack and shoot it into the ground an EVIL team wins...get the ideea?[sorry about my grammar...I am not american :( ]

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Did you say you made a map? If so why not post it let people decide for themselves doesnt matter if its crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom