Powerlevel. Should it be more then just a marker?

Best answers
idotn thinkplshouldaffect the beamthat wouldmakeit ga.y. Youshouldonlymove faster and getabetter defence and morepwer. Like in DMZ you ahve the optionto select what skillyou want to impove like speeddefence and power. I think thats the best wayand most balanced and i know youwould tweak it so a super high lvlv wouldnt be to much harder to killa nyways.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omfg try hitting youre space button more often, or atleast read your post before you hit submit....

as for it beeing balanced...it shouldnt be, if you are playing for about an hour or so, i really dont want people to join with allready half or more my power.

i find it fair that they to have to fight for their power..

even when i first join a server, and a guy is at 10 mil. i´m gonna herass him untill my power grown to a level of where i can become stronger then him.

there should be more difficulty in this game. as it is right now. I say its unbalanced.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno. This whole thing seems lopsided to me. As a Vegeta who plays primarily melee and is only an average player (read: doesn't feel the need to try and abuse every opening for killing an opponent easily like everyone else on the Half Life community, and would rather have an enjoyable fight), I can tell you that it's already enough of a pain to fight anybody.

The only reasoning I can see behind this that MIGHT make me think about it...

Okay, so if I'm at base PL I'm screwed, but suppose I get up some juice. We'll say I'm Vegeta, boosting I'm at 1.7 million. If this increased all the stuff you guys say, I might have a much better chance of standing up against a transformed character. So I guess increasing things like a slight speed increase or a damage resistence increase or whatever else was suggested in here wouldn't be so bad, but I don't think the attacks should really change. Maybe just the "stats" of the character. They would have to be minor and incremental, of course, so that they don't go past the transformed stats.

Of course you all realize asking for this means they would have to slow down the characters and gameplay more, to stay within Half-Life's speed limitations by SSJ2 time. And I know how much people *****ed about that. Just something to keep in mind.

I'm more against the idea than for it, but I see how it could have benefits. It just seems to me more or less that this thread isn't about balance at all--it's about people being pissed that they can still lose to guys with smaller PL.

Well...in CS, you can lose to the knife even if you're carrying the AWP. And that's all I'll say regarding that.

[EDIT: Reptile...his spacebar might be broke, give the dude a break...jeeze]

Best answers
If you don't think the game is difficult enough, you're playing with the wrong people.

Power level does still effect the size of beam explosions.

Seriously, if you want the ENTIRE power level system to be different, go and write your own game.

I've had an idea for about 18 months now about combining everything to be derived from power level, but I'm not going to go around spamming it in the forums (This is a reference to many other ideas that really are suggesting the game be written again from beta 1.0). I'm saving it for an engine a friend is writing, etc.

All I'm saying is don't really expect a suggestion that requires a new game to be taken on board.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, if his spacebar would have been broken he could have atleast make a last note about it.

why should this thread be about beeing pissed about losing to a guy that has a higher/lower pl

its just makes more sence that the stronger you are, the harder it should get to kill you.

and for the awp vs knife situation.. that just doesnt make sence.

to proof it, play me, and try kniving me, i know you´ll lose over and over

Best answers
well for what saiyan pride is saying there should be a max speed a Normal form can get too. Like if the androids were in there max speed should be like as fast as a ssj, but that is there max speed there build up speed could get to.

Best answers
Goten-son said:
i think the beams should speed up as your PL gets higher (depending on how big the beam is) but that would help add to the effect

Adding to this maybe quickly charged small beams speed up a bit but if the beam is charged higher then say 25% it should slow down. I mean a beam charged just past the | would move the fastest maybe a bit quicker then now and a beam charged at 75% would be slower. If the beam is charged over 50% though pl should come into play and slow the beam down slightly with the more power you have. This would could work well against beam spammers who charge full powered beams.

If someone charged a full powered beam and i charged a half powered beam since its smaller i would be able to hit them before their beam gets to me. The larger beam if detonated would still hurt but it would give other players a chance to win. I only mean a slight decrease in speed and there should be a limit to the slowest and fastest speed the beam can go.

I havent finished my idea but thats the start of it i decided to post this as i was talking to some friends about it a few days ago.

Best answers
I like the thought of it but speed should not be affected, only ki pool to be honest.

Like alpha indeed.

And not to much ofcourse but enough to make a difference.

Best answers
I just have to state again that PL should increase speed and Ki but no attacks because
that will only imbalance the game. I think the increased power in attacks is enough.
But the speed and ki jump when transing should be a bit lower.

e.g. when you reach the PL for transing with Krillin, his speed should be about 250 so there would be
a jump of 100 speed if he transes but he won't stay at his 180 speed,
that would make him a char to choose from time to time, too.
Same with Ki. So a untransed char with 10M will be a bit faster and has more Ki than
a transed char with 2M (1M if trans is lost).
Well, maybe everything becomes balanced in 1.3...

Best answers
well sorry ****er i said my ****ing keyboard is broken and the space bar doesnt work right so stfu

Best answers
Calm down. Omg i hardly make threads and have people getting moody in it is not a good thing.

I am not asking for gameplay changes that much. I am just saying a major flaw is. Once you get super. It becomes dull.

If they added a way to always work to better your char. Then some of the players who get bored fast anymore. Might have alot of fun even after being trans.

about fighting harder players. I r in ape so i fight some skills players everyday.

and Bihal telling people to go code your own game and being a fanboy like that is what ruins games.

Anyone who knows me. Knows i care alot about esf. I been through alot with them. I just stating something they prob already know. Yet i wanted to talk to other players NOT get people in here fussing or saying things like that.

Best answers
I think the bigger the beam the slower it should go, or the more powerful the beam the slower it should move, but the beam should be big (in width)

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[DC]_MAKER said:
well sorry ****er i said my ****ing keyboard is broken and the space bar doesnt work right so stfu

Warning to you, that is completely uncalled for. He did not flame you in anyway, he just did not or could not read your post.

Best answers
Fanboy? Just to clarify, I don't think ESF is the perfect game. If I was making it, it would be quite different indeed.

And it's a major flaw? It is. That..would be why...the next update...has more transformations?

Best answers
transformations will be nice...for a while. Yet gameplay is what really needs to be looked at. I was kinda rude with fanboy part. But trans will only last so long before people will get bored again. Once you reach ssj2 or 3. You will still have the same problem.

Epic battles is what people want. This is why people always do 1 on 1s. After so long tho. The battles become the same thing.

Best answers
yea ki does like constantly drain at a slow rate when anyone is transformed unless they are at the perfect transformation.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And when you reach perfect transformation, you encounter the same problem again.

Pl should affect the speed of your character, and jumpheight and such. Like the higher your pl is, the further you can walljump. And the stronger the beam, the slower it should be, not faster.

I love the zipline idea, it really would give a dbz feel to it, and don't worry about balancing. Most people have pl catchup on, in their server, so only newcomers might face some difficulties when they enter a server, wich will resolve after they get killed a few times, or kill someone else.

Also the beamthickness should "not" be affected by your pl. If i'm right, there's a new turbo system up ahead that would work really nice with beamthickness.

Best answers
I wish when pl catchup was on it would only work with people for a lower powerlevel then people with a higher power level. Nothing pisses me off more then being 1,993,473 with Vegeta, and I die going to 1,600,000 somethin.

Best answers
If there are any concerns about spamming with large beams on a server, you can work around that. Larger beams move slower as numerous forumer users have mention. Also instead of having the 2nd mouse button detonate an atk, have it detache the atk. For example, if your hit while having a kamehameha wave in your hands, it cruises away with a small Ki trail behind.

As for the zipline idea sounds great, i like it but what happens to the "teleport" key?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom