Powering up

Best answers
i think it would be cool if you were powering up things around you would be affected. Like while you are powering up rocks come off the ground, trees fall down, and a crater form. I am not sure it this can be done with the HL engine though... i think it would be sweet to if while you were powering up, someone with a really low power level was pushed away from you or even knocked down becasue of your guy's energy. that would help the people out who don't like being attacked while acending. Just a couple thoughts, tell me what you think...:no: :yes:

Best answers
A nice idea ill admit cause i hate being interrupted while poweringup/transing gets rather annoying. However i think ur right might be a little hard on the HL engine a nice engine but has its limits :]

Best answers
i think its good to but if everything around you was moving around like that some ppl with the high pings might get lagged

Best answers
it would be kewl having rock crumble and floating in the air and tree rooting. but i think it would be hard in half life engine. but im not generouse with comp so maybe rock crumbling could happen but maybe not trees.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
yea it would be cool in like the map in island if u were goin ssj and the house would fall apart lol

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that trying something like that with the HL engine would prob. not be too smart of an idea. The team is already stretching what it can handle.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe that Tepus made a thread about the particle system this could replace the map damage. And do some extra power up fx.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
naah it would be spammed like ****.Each time you get meleed you press power up and tadaa the attack failed.

Best answers
what the .. there is already "rocks come off the ground"! and powerup pushing has been discussed mor than enough. i don't think it will be in.

Best answers
id like to see the ground crack when the rocks fly up
it makes more sense seeing the ground crack and rubble from the
ground floating up (like when goku went ssj first time perfect egzample) than just rocks coming from the ground and no reason at all why there coming up lol

Best answers
that's almost impossible with HL engine. it can be done in sprites .. like DBZ power up. but that doesn't look good either. so it's good how it is now.

Best answers
naah it would be spammed like ****.Each time you get meleed you press power up and tadaa the attack failed.
if the guy doing the attacking is stronger than the person powering up, then the attack could still work. But if the person doing the melee on the person powering up is weaker, the the attack shouldn't work

Best answers
It wouldnt work that good in the half life engline.... maybe red faction?

Best answers
that would be kick ass and people with 56k shouldnt play ****ing inter net games any way get dsl adsl or the best cable

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
well may be they cant afford it so dont get pissed for wut they cant afford

Best answers
yea the idea is a good idea!:yes: like the rocks would fly up as u power up, but i dont like the idea of it MAGICALLY dissapering. in beta 2 will that change or will that be hard?

Best answers
i don't know for sure, but the HL engine is probably not good enough to support it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom