Powerbeam?

Best answers
Why exactly is Gohan's Masenko called the Powerbeam when you kill someone with it? He shouts Masenko, and it's the same attack as Piccolo's...
Something to do with the show?

Sound Artist
Best answers
The english dub called it "power beam" in the beginning with Pioneer. Besides that i think Hars wanted a different attack for Gohan than Piccolo's Masenko. I don't think you can have 1 Masenko and alter it's properties (Strength/Speed/Radius) for two different people.

Best answers
Would I be correct in guessing that Gohan's is overall more powerful, as Piccolo has more actual attacks than Gohan, and until Gohan becomes SSJ, that's basically the only power attack he's got?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i prefer the hyper beam but u only get that till after u beat mother brain

wait nm wrong thing

u know u could i dunno try playing the game instead of asking things like this

if u dont like the name of the attack replace the sounds

Best answers
What is replacing the sounds going to do? And how is playing the game supposed to answer me why his is called Powerbeam instead of Masenko? Or were you referring to the question about the power of the attacks, which would require me getting equal power levels and having someone just stand there and take the shots and read how much life they have after each, assuming I manage to hit them in the same way as I did before.
Oh yes, that's much better than taking a chance that someone might actually know already and be nice enough to share the information so I won't need to waste the time trying to do all that.

Best answers
RavenRage said:
What is replacing the sounds going to do? And how is playing the game supposed to answer me why his is called Powerbeam instead of Masenko? Or were you referring to the question about the power of the attacks, which would require me getting equal power levels and having someone just stand there and take the shots and read how much life they have after each, assuming I manage to hit them in the same way as I did before.
Oh yes, that's much better than taking a chance that someone might actually know already and be nice enough to share the information so I won't need to waste the time trying to do all that.
haha hiboki = pwned

I can't really say EXACTLY how much damage it does, I think it's about the same as Gallit Gun. I don't notice a difference between Gohan's and Picoolo's, but there might not be a diference...I think they put Gohan's Masenko in ESF as powerbeam to attatch different voices to the same attack(it would be a little wierd to hear Piccolo's deep and grumbling voice while you charged a Masenko as Gohan).

Both suck anyway, why are you worried about it :p

EDIT: just realized Cell and Goku both use Kamehameha, different sounds same attack/hlweapon. Maybe there is a difference between the two...we need Harsens or PCJoe in here to settle this.

Sound Artist
Best answers
I told you, we had to create two attacks so we could give different properties to each one. However, which one is stronger of the two? Probably Gohan's but i'm not sure.

Best answers
Hibiki said:
well i prefer the hyper beam but u only get that till after u beat mother brain

wait nm wrong thing

u know u could i dunno try playing the game instead of asking things like this

if u dont like the name of the attack replace the sounds
lol nostalgic chrono cross

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@sunslayer: THATS METROID YOU MORON.

@the topic: Install esf beta 1 and get the powerbeam sounds from gohan. Problem solved.

Best answers
But when in the show did picolo use masenko?
I remember him doing yelling masenko on namek but the attack looked
difrent from the one gohan used!
(He didnt bring his hands to his head but brought them to the sides of his body)

Best answers
Classic Piccolo doing masenko is against Cell when he's power struggling Gohan with Kames. Piccolo used masenko at his back.

Best answers
its funny how piccolo never uses the masenko in dbz but funimation gave him a masenko sound clip during some episode and he never ever does it. pfft Funimation always messing something up. plus that wasnt even the masenko he never ever used it. the masenko is gohan's attack not piccolo's. Funimation just had it so he would said Masenko. When in Japanese he just yells like HAAAA or something. not MASENKO. oh well

Best answers
Okay, it's not Masenko. It just looks exactly like it, and Piccolo was supposed to be the one who taught it to Gohan. It's funny isn't it? Just because someone plays a song on the guitar and doesn't sing it, doesn't make it a different song.

Best answers
Sunslayer said:
lol nostalgic chrono cross
u sure he wasnt talking about metroid? i dont think there was a mother brain in chrono trigger

wait nvm.

anyways about the attack thing. i prefer masenko myself. i never noticed that he said power beam though...maybe i dont play as him enough. just go download some more sounds or whatever else on esf world. hell i bet you could use your mike, just shout "MASENKO-HA!" into it, and replace it with the file esf has lol. man your braver then i am for talking to hibiki that way, maybe your just new? lol

Best answers
No, he doesn't say Power Beam in the game. The attack is Named Power Beam though. If you watch The Tree of Might Movie (and the irony is that even though the Team ignores the movies for the game, a Whole bunch of their sounds come from this movie) he says Power Beam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom