POTW.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
it will stil be arrows in advanced melee no??????????? please answerrr!!!!!!!!

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Andreyesf said:
Why are you shouting? Relax, if someone knows the answer, they will see your posts and answer. Shouting makes you look stupid.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Andreyesf said:
I'm guessing most likely, as that was what 1.2 was focused on, and 1.3 i'm guesing is built from the ground up off 1.2.

๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
Wow, so much off-topicness...,

edit: As for the water, play mechmod Kama. It has water effects as good as half-life 2 . Not that I want that for ESF, i'm just saying that it is possible
Anyways, ima take a stab at the water issue. Sub, you do realize that the Mechmod team and teh ESF team are almost exactly the same group of people???
Dont you think theres a reason we didnt do a water effect like that then for esf??
Now stop with your referals to other mods, sure they do stuff like that, but how laggy does that make the game? Maybe one day you'll understand the art of Game mechanics and then can do all you want to make your games all pretty, untill then, just assume we know what were doing.

vegeta is definately not worse than the default, I mean cummon, have you not seen the model? its ****ing awesome, personally,its one of my fav anime models ive ever seen, its just the bad angle in the pic and the stretching due to half lifes animations can make it look a little warped at times. If you think its better than the current default you dont deserve the eyes in your head.
Agreed Davy, You all shouldnt crit unless you see the full model, not some cruddy screenshot animated angle

es! Lets! Take up mapping and help the rebels defeat the evil people of the planet hoth!
Why are we going to Hoth o_O?

Though I hear they make delicious chocolate mints.
mmmm chocolate mints...

Best answers
Andreyesf said:
didn't you read the design documents ... NO MORE ARROWS AND STARS... the new melee sistem is more complex ... you will fight using the movement buttons ( W,A,S,D ) ... and click 1,2 ... just read the ****ing design documents : http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=57392

don't you people read the stickyies anymore ? ... :S

here i'll make it easier for you :

- Advanced Melee Its not only hand to hand fighting, but an extreme form of combat by mixing various attacks between chosen opponent. Not only can you punch and kick your opponent, but you will be able to shoot simple ki attacks for various assaults. There will be multiple things that will be changed and altered in order for this system to work correctly.

LMB = Left Mouse Button / Mouse1
RMB = Right Mouse Button / Mouse2
/\ = Forward
\/ = Backward
< = Left
> = Right
LMB = Punch
RMB = Kick

- While in Adv Melee, Swooping is disabled. Double-Tapping directions now causes your character to "dash" in the specified direction

if you want to know more just contact the stickyies .... remember the stickyes are your friend ..... :S

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
God Gundam said:
Wow, so much off-topicness...,

Anyways, ima take a stab at the water issue. Sub, you do realize that the Mechmod team and teh ESF team are almost exactly the same group of people???
Dont you think theres a reason we didnt do a water effect like that then for esf??
Now stop with your referals to other mods, sure they do stuff like that, but how laggy does that make the game? Maybe one day you'll understand the art of Game mechanics and then can do all you want to make your games all pretty, untill then, just assume we know what were doing.

Agreed Davy, You all shouldnt crit unless you see the full model, not some cruddy screenshot animated angle

Why are we going to Hoth o_O?

mmmm chocolate mints...

May I add the same goes for the map? The angle the screenshot was taken in that screenshot is very crappy.

Best answers
davidskiwan said:
If you think its better than the current default you dont deserve the eyes in your head.
No, I don't think it's better than the current default one, so I deserve my eyes right?

I, and probably many others judge on what we see. I haven't seen the vegeta model in game yet so I don't know how he looks. I can't judge him on some static render either since there are alot of nice renders for sucky models. Instead, I get to see a screenshot with a bad angle so I naturally assume he just looks crap. And he does... in that screenshot.

You cannot blame me for not having fully seen that vegeta model. Instead, you could've get a screenshot where he does look good instead of breaking your butt over some criticisme.

As for the water, I know it probably creates extra lag and crap. None of us want that, but I doubt any of us really want half-assed looking water either. If you can't get it to look good, don't use it. Now, I'm not saying it looks crappy, not at all, I'm just saying it could use an extra touch or two to make it look more spiffy. If the engine is too much of a bottleneck, you should've thought of that before. As far as I'm concerned, there is more than enough eye candy already, don't go overboard with it so other things have to pay the price for it.

... anyway... with the amount of maps in 1.3, I doubt there is anyone that can't find a map he likes.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
May I add the same goes for the map? The angle the screenshot was taken in that screenshot is very crappy.
Well if that's so, I am very curious to as what the rest of the map looks like. Sorry to have judged so quickly from one screenshot. New POTW eh, eh?

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Do I need to say it again? Everything posted here till 1.3 is released is work in progress. For all you know it's not done yet. Now this debate is over. Focus on what the meaning may be of the screenshot and not the looks.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
damnit, >_< i said that wrong, and no you dont deserve eye's!

I was just saying that up untill this really bad screen shot, vegeta has looked like a sexy bish, if you hadnt noticed, mid action animation screenies taken from the wrong angle always look ugleh, any modeler who's got a model ingame can, and will tell you that. dont forget other pics: http://www.esforces.com/team/zero/ow02.jpg where people brought up how awesome he looked. My point being alot of people rather than thinking about what they're seeing jump two steps ahead and judge things regardless of situation or outside effects. It seems everybody is so fast to criticise these days even though they may not actually know or understand what it is they're judging untill they get ingame and have it right infront of them.

Personally i thought it was a bad screenshot, thats all.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally Posted by Carnage, the 1
... anyway... with the amount of maps in 1.3, I doubt there is anyone that can't find a map he likes.
HE/SHE!!!

*shakes head in utter disgust*

I'm really liking what im seeing though, oh and btw CS did you get your goku ship?

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Can I see, pretty please :$?

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll add a screenshot to my dev journal soon.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweet, who made the model btw? did someone from the community get off there arse or...

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Dj Swift. I looks pretty damn accurate.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Bad screenshot...

Well I do happen to have a couple more pics of the same scenario at different angles. I didn't think the one chosen for POTW was bad.... hell I didn't think any of them were bad....

Maybe I'll post the others I have?
Hmmm... Maybe...
Perhaps I'll post them in the Force Pit instead?

Decisions decisions....
And yes, Kama has corrupted me. I am pure evil. :devgrin:

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
i say post them in the force pit, everyone might go on another criting rampage!!!! runn!!!

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I really want to see more of this scenario, Pain. :eek: Maybe you could post one more picture here, and the rest in Force Pit, if you really can't decide. :eek: It might take some doubt away about the model/map/whatever.

Pretty please? T-T

Best answers
Pain, ur pure evil.. if u post all thous sweet pics. of that in tehh force pit :D feel sorry for us who doesn't have access to that all mighty ownage area called force pit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom