POTW.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
Night maps are popular, but this isn't as bright as you think. It's quite nice to play in, and if you really wanna get into it, doing Adv melee in a bright area is a good tactic to help get a few easy hits in.

How fast everyone's opinion changes, from dropping to their knees to critisizing.

Welcome to Half-life.
Welcome to Half-Ass.

I don't think many people said 'That Vegeta model is godly...' Ive seen mostly criticms. I've seen the water jobs of half-life mods that are much better than they're now (mechmod anyone?). And when we crit on the POTW, don't say 'everything here is still WIP until the final release' ...so does that mean when 1.3 comes out, everything will be fine? The only way to make 1.3 great is to listen to the crits now. Sorry if I am a bit rash, but I am sick of (some of...) the team members batting down our helpful critisms; and some are quite legit.

I give kudos when they're deserved... now, if the ESF team doesn't want my opinion, just send a nice little PM to me, and I won't critique any more.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu, I'm sure there are a few people who like bright maps, but I'm just trying to say the majority of people don't. The perfect example of this is that America has about 5 dedicated servers up at the moment. None of the bright maps get any play time at all on them. The same exact thing will happen for 1.3 if they leave the maps as bright as they are.

edit: As for the water, play mechmod Kama. It has water effects as good as half-life 2 ;). Not that I want that for ESF, i'm just saying that it is possible.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
Welcome to Half-Ass.

I don't think many people said 'That Vegeta model is godly...' Ive seen mostly criticms. I've seen the water jobs of half-life mods that are much better than they're now. And when we crit on the POTW, don't say 'everything here is still WIP until the final release' ...so does that mean when 1.3 comes out, everything will be fine? The only way to make 1.3 great is to listen to the crits now. Sorry if I am a bit rash, but I am sick of (some of...) the team members batting down our helpful critisms; and some are quite legit.

I give kudos when they're deserved... now, if the ESF team doesn't want my opinion, just send a nice little PM to me, and I won't critique any more.
No, no, no... don't start this argument about criticism up again. We had plenty of debate about that in a previous news update thread, and I expect not to see it again. I made myself quite clear in this post about criticism directed towards WIP's, POTW's, and other content that is posted as it is being developed. Yes, I know my post talks mostly about models, but the same can go for the rest of the graphical components of the game...especially in this case, when the map is clearly a WIP. We're not saying that you should sit quiet and expect all to be well for 1.3, but we are asking for some patience - it takes time to fully develop things, particularly during the school year.

Now, don't start up this debate about criticism again - it was dealt with well enough last time. I repeat, don't start it up again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i sort of liked the sky. i'm much for simple gradient cloud stuff, that over the top crap.

only beef i had with the vegeta was the skinned ss hair, i thought it looked too dark and boring.

i think the new models are fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
edit: As for the water, play mechmod Kama. It has water effects as good as half-life 2 ;). Not that I want that for ESF, i'm just saying that it is possible.
Of course it's completely possible, but you know how ESF plays, it's already laggy enough as is with a bunch of people spamming beams and explosions, why would you want another effect to only increase that?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly, having supah dupah reflecting water with the new features in 1.3 will make it lag.

Oh,and one more thing, if you don't like my maps, then don't play them. I will create my maps the way I like, and I couldn't care less about a smart ass' opinion who 'think' they know everything about mapping.

And I think I already mentioned everything displayed before the release of 1.3 is considered work in progress, so don't give us the 'I don't like it, because it's not fancy enough' bullcrap. For all you know it's not even finished yet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
Oh,and one more thing, if you don't like my maps, then don't play them. I will create my maps the way I like, and I couldn't care less about a smart ass' opinion who 'think' they know everything about mapping.
I think Coldeh is starting to hang around me too much. ^^

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well:

1. Map is pwnage
2. Meh wubz teh PS effect
3. Vegeta is worser then the default one atm, but I think it'll be fixed
4. Crosshair is good. I'll try recreating it in paint tonight :p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The map is fine, its just that one spot that makes it seem like you're being solar flared. I avoid gero, arrival and namek_revival simply because its too bright to actually fight (too bright for me at least). All three of the maps I mentioned are nice, but the skyboxes just kill me. I dont want to not play another map for the same reason. Surely it isnt too difficult to make that one spot a little less bright?

The model in that pic looks pretty bad, but from what I've seen in the other pics, theres nothing wrong with it. The pic was just taken from a bad angle.

Gen beams look the same. The ps thing is ok. Not really something thats desperately needed, but w/e.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
vegeta is definately not worse than the default, I mean cummon, have you not seen the model? its ****ing awesome

personally,its one of my fav anime models ive ever seen, its just the bad angle in the pic and the stretching due to half lifes animations can make it look a little warped at times. If you think its better than the current default you dont deserve the eyes in your head.

Ps's are a lot more fun now, i can see people doing them much more often, so eh, its something to look forward to ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree David, I don't see what's so bad about this new model, I think it looks really awesome, I love the shading on it. The in-game pic was just at an odd angle. :3

I know nobody's gonna tell me, but I'm really curious about this new PS system.. but I guess it's more fun if I find out for myself when 1.3 is released. :3

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's all looking seckseh ;), & i'm sure what ever people don't like in it now will be improved apon (WIP obviously means Work In Progress).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess the fact that there are two yellow lines in the struggle meter has something to do with pumping?
I agree about that bright spot, but the water is clear and create a feeling of more space because they are transparent. I like it very much :yes: and that may not be a nice picture of the model, but I think it's great judging from this pic.

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
vegeta is definately not worse than the default, I mean cummon, have you not seen the model? its ****ing awesome

personally,its one of my fav anime models ive ever seen, its just the bad angle in the pic and the stretching due to half lifes animations can make it look a little warped at times. If you think its better than the current default you dont deserve the eyes in your head.

Ps's are a lot more fun now, i can see people doing them much more often, so eh, its something to look forward to ^_^
Thank you David, your right, there is NOTHING wrong with the Vegeta model, and to the people who said the default one we have now is better, you guys are just saying that so the team will redo the model, the ONLY thing I don't like about the model, is the back of the hair, like when Zero posts pictures of him, it looks kind of weird from the back, but other than that, it's excellent, keep up the great work :yes:.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason the model looks a bit messed up is just the stance and camera angle. It's fine in all the other shots i've seen of it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Love the new system and all but 1 question remains.

WTF are there 2 struggle bars?

Is 1 for the PS charging or something like that.

The rest is clear and owns XD

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The model is perfect, what are you talking about? Probably just becuase the models are awesome, I might be Buu/Krillin/Vegeta whoring.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:

What change about PS's make them more fun?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
What change about PS's make them more fun?
Probably with the awesome models and the animations with the PS. Or the effects? =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom