potw

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, in games such as ESF we like to be able to see while we're fighting. Maps with bright skies prevent us from seeing, hence most of us sticking to night maps or maps with darker ceilings.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
There's always reducing the gamma value of your game.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Because changing your screen is better than fixing the map!

Theres no reason to have maps as bright as gero and arrival unless you're actually trying to blind players.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, we're quite capable of deciding which maps will be in the teambuilds. Second of all. Not everyone shares your opinion about bright maps. I for one like them. If you don't like Gero or Arrival then don't play them. There are plenty of other maps.

As for not being able to see what your fighting against, I have no problem seeing or finding my opponents when facing one of these bright skies.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If the Gamma is set to a normal level and the map still blinds you to the point where it's hard to see who you're fighting, that's not ok. But I digress, me complaining about Arrival being too bright didn't change a thing in that map, it's just not in use today [In America atleast] dispite being a good map.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Most people refer to the bright maps as bright maps because the maps are bright. Whenever I'm on a bright map (lol dont go there silly!), people complain because the bright map is bright. Unfortunately, there aren't too many American servers and I can't just change the map with my magic powers. I'm sure if you fought someone who was reasonably good at the game, you'd have trouble keeping track simply because the 12 million suns are blinding you when you look anywhere but down.

As for not everyone agreeing with my opinion, I'll just turn that around and say not everyone agrees with your opinion. Where does that leave us? Back where we started, with unreasonably bright maps.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the thing is. If we were to make it darker, other people will complain about it being to dark as they like a bright arrival better. There is no way we can make maps so that everyone will like every single one of them.

Zeonix said:
Most people refer to the bright maps as bright maps because the maps are bright. Whenever I'm on a bright map (lol dont go there silly!), people complain because the bright map is bright. Unfortunately, there aren't too many American servers and I can't just change the map with my magic powers. I'm sure if you fought someone who was reasonably good at the game, you'd have trouble keeping track simply because the 12 million suns are blinding you when you look anywhere but down.

As for not everyone agreeing with my opinion, I'll just turn that around and say not everyone agrees with your opinion. Where does that leave us? Back where we started, with unreasonably bright maps.
Sigh..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
We just want maps where if we look up, we don't actually cringe. Cellgames looks perfect. Arrival is twice as bright as cellgames.

Oh noes! Big Bad Zeo is at it again!

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh i have no idea what you all having. It strue that arrival is bright. But i dont see a problem. Its a nice map and one of the ones i like most.

Besides if it bothers you that much just change the skybox. All you have to do is find a darker skybox and rename it to the one arrival uses.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
As for not everyone agreeing with my opinion, I'll just turn that around and say not everyone agrees with your opinion. Where does that leave us?
I can tell you exactly where it leaves us, it leaves us where the map ends up. In the end, it doesn't matter if no one agrees with his opinion, it's his map. He could make the sky pure white if he wanted to and the fans couldn't do **** about it.

Mappers Opinion > Everyone Elses. Get over it. This is not a democracy.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
As I've said before, there are other maps which are not so bright. Play on those instead.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
There will be plenty of maps for 1.3 However, i do agree they could be a taddum darker at times. Its quite disorientating fighting at high speeds in whats almost white as your background, hopefully the targeting system will eliminate a few of those problems though. Also, I think the new aura's stand out now considerably more.

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
i played alot on bight and dark maps and i can say there the same i just adjust my screen brightness

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom