[Old PotW] PoTW: Normal & Super Saiyan 2 Gohan Renders

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats not ssj2 gohans hair. i think ive seen that style somewhere before, kinda looks like ssj1, because ssj1 hair is always plain, and ssj2 has way more details/lines. Anyway here some pictures of real gohan in ssj2. His hair is wide, long, and has a lot of lines.

Yeah. I told Doormat about it a couple of weeks ago, but the answer was:
It will remain as is.

It still indeed looks great.

And madman, you're such an ******* with your same attitude. If people criticize, they must do the criticized thing better? Oh STFU... You annoy me.

Last edited:
ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing that i could say about this awesome model is about the portion between the hair and the face. It's a little darker than is should.
But that's such a minor thing,which i'm sure you guys can easily modify, that i don't mind at all.
The model itself is a masterpiece. ;)

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Some people are never satisfied ^_^... But look it at the bright side, if you really "dislike" this model, which it's quite awesome. You can always create your own and put it in ESF: Final once it is released.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i soo, truly, deeply , love this model , and of course, i soo, truly, deeply, love the man who created it T_T

here as a reward.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not really into Megan Fox so i think this would be more of an accurate reward:

Enjoy!!! :D

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
haha thanx guys xD <3
well, you can`t please em' all..
trust me, I tried adding more spykes, but that just does`nt look right in 3D
besides, the hair is much thinner and spykier in the back

Best answers
Wow, incredible.

I don't know which style I like better. They are all wonderful.

Best answers
Yeah. I told Doormat about it a couple of weeks ago, but the answer was:
It will remain as is.

It still indeed looks great.

And madman, you're such an ******* with your same attitude. If people criticize, they must do the criticized thing better? Oh STFU... You annoy me.
Thank You :)

---------- Double Post below was added at - 12:40 PM has been merged with this post created - 12:37 PMat ----------

haha thanx guys xD <3
i trust you :)

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You've been here long enough to know that flaming is against the rules, for that you get a :warning:warning.:warning:

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was worth it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I happen to be on Muff's and Glodes side, I really hate how we have all these team members/etc jumping into fight against perfectly acceptable criticisms. If that comment was in a modelling thread nobody would batter an eyelid. Not only that, but Doormat is perfectly capable of taking criticism, he's a good modeller afterall. The only person that should be bothered by such comments is him. He's improved so much lately, but you can never be perfect, so you take the good with the bad, and learn from mistakes, even if not on the model at hand, but take it into consideration in the future.

Even if you disagree with a criticism, it's best to be polite and respectful of their opinion, not try to belittle or insult them, makes us devs look like we throw our toys out the pram every time somebody has something negative to say in a picture of the week thread, it's embarrassing.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha thanx guys xD <3
also big respect for working under ms3d

and I think this should be quoted in your dev sections, as a sticky thread.

I happen to be on Muff's and Glodes side, I really hate how we have all these team members/etc jumping into fight against perfectly acceptable criticisms. If that comment was in a modelling thread nobody would batter an eyelid. Not only that, but Doormat is perfectly capable of taking criticism, he's a good modeller afterall. The only person that should be bothered by such comments is him. He's improved so much lately, but you can never be perfect, so you take the good with the bad, and learn from mistakes, even if not on the model at hand, but take it into consideration in the future.

Even if you disagree with a criticism, it's best to be polite and respectful of their opinion, not try to belittle or insult them, makes us devs look like we throw our toys out the pram every time somebody has something negative to say in a picture of the week thread, it's embarrassing.
respect for that David

DeN

Best answers
I think part of the reason the hair is coming in for criticism is because of the way it's textured. Each hair strand is virtually textured as flat colour (i can see there are some lines in there, but they are WAY to subtle).

The overall effect is that the eye sees the overall silouhette of each hair strand, and they look more voluminous than they actually are.

If you go back in and rework the texture, to add some lines and shading, that should help break up the form a bit (as far as the eye is concerned) and would probably solve most complaints..

I've done an example here to illustrate, obviously it's not perfect (more hair strands / polys would be perfect), but i think it'll do the job for what you've got.

Also if the POTW is the ingame target render style, i would make the lines in the hair the same (or close) colour as the one for your model outline, as it will help all the different shapes into a more coherent whole..

Hope that helps! :D

Attachments

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think part of the reason the hair is coming in for criticism is because of the way it's textured. Each hair strand is virtually textured as flat colour (i can see there are some lines in there, but they are WAY to subtle).

The overall effect is that the eye sees the overall silouhette of each hair strand, and they look more voluminous than they actually are.

If you go back in and rework the texture, to add some lines and shading, that should help break up the form a bit (as far as the eye is concerned) and would probably solve most complaints..

I've done an example here to illustrate, obviously it's not perfect (more hair strands / polys would be perfect), but i think it'll do the job for what you've got.

Also if the POTW is the ingame target render style, i would make the lines in the hair the same (or close) colour as the one for your model outline, as it will help all the different shapes into a more coherent whole..

Hope that helps! :D
Wow that actually looks really nice. It'd be neat if it's textured that way imho

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Agreed with Sicron.

Making teh skin like that should give an even better result

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like Den's edit, but that shouldn't stop the complaints about hair not looking 100% SSJ2-ish, LOL.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldnt make it the details black like in DeN's edit though, I'd eyedrop the darkest colour in the hair and change the colour to a darker more saturated tone (which would most likely be something orange/brown) and use that for details on the hair. Black/ dark desaturated lines aren't fitting with the rest of the style. While I agree some details on the hair would be nice, UVmapping dbz hair is a ****ing nightmare, getting details on the spikes while using a shading style such as on this model is very hard, it requires the UVMaps to well planned and mapped out, and then it requires a lot of work to have the shading be consistant on each spike, and avoid distortions in the details. It's no easy task, trust me, and especially since doormat is STILL using milkshape -_-'

TBH i don't think it really needs the change though, its more effort than its worth, it looks great already, and while it may not be as "spikey" as the show, making a 2d character in 3d requires some decision making. More spikes can make 3d look great from some angles but horrid from others, which is why it's better to make sure the shape is consistant from all angles which doormat has done, infact when he showed me the ssj2 hair, I thought it was a pretty damn awsome job, you won't find much better than that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom