[Old PotW] POTW - 6/10/14

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Less graphics more game plz, I'm gonna die before this game releases.

Best answers
oh dont worry! the game is gonna die before u!^^ i still think its already dead.

dont know if the community gets that they never gonna see a release of this here or the developer finally announce that they stopped working here.

why u think we only see such trashy pics? because some effects are easy to make with photoshop.......
where is the real gameplay? where are the transformations? where do we see the fighting? or other stuff? no where! there is only one guy working and all he does is stupid weather.

and on the top is that they ask for help and treat the helper like trash!
a lot are willing to help but they get directed to guys inteam of which we dont even know why the hell they are here....some beta tester or something....nobody that knows anything.

duke nukem is proud of this project!

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
oh dont worry! the game is gonna die before u!^^ i still think its already dead.

dont know if the community gets that they never gonna see a release of this here or the developer finally announce that they stopped working here.

why u think we only see such trashy pics? because some effects are easy to make with photoshop.......
where is the real gameplay? where are the transformations? where do we see the fighting? or other stuff? no where! there is only one guy working and all he does is stupid weather.

and on the top is that they ask for help and treat the helper like trash!
a lot are willing to help but they get directed to guys inteam of which we dont even know why the hell they are here....some beta tester or something....nobody that knows anything.

duke nukem is proud of this project!
Bull shit. 1) I'm working on it right now as you read this 2) You don't see any gameplay, transformation and fighting, because devs had a recoding of main beam system. And transformations, because there are only whining community, who doesn't try to help, but just ask when it's ready, and so we can't find anyone who creates it all, while others can do their work. 3) Where did you get the info that devs treat helpers like trash? ( Either they are working right now at test ride , or they are just too low quality at their work).
So please get your shit together and stop whining. We are working. My map e.g is almost done, just wait a little bit.

Best answers
.... let's not forget the fact beams are like balls of light .... when was the last time u saw the sun cast a shadow of itself .... ><

*****FACEPALM*****
*****FACEPALM*****

Best answers
Bull shit. 1) I'm working on it right now as you read this 2) You don't see any gameplay, transformation and fighting, because devs had a recoding of main beam system. And transformations, because there are only whining community, who doesn't try to help, but just ask when it's ready, and so we can't find anyone who creates it all, while others can do their work. 3) Where did you get the info that devs treat helpers like trash? ( Either they are working right now at test ride , or they are just too low quality at their work).
So please get your shit together and stop whining. We are working. My map e.g is almost done, just wait a little bit.
Eh, people are just getting frustrated, we expected to be playing esf final by now. We never thought you guys would choke on man power. :/

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Eh, people are just getting frustrated, we expected to be playing esf final by now. We never thought you guys would choke on man power. :/
At the moment, i think we need character modelers, texture artists and animators - that's the biggest gap in the dev team, and that's why there are no much character potws of new characters... And we need artists that can make good models in quality of ESF:F, not ESF 1.2.3. There's the barrier of qualification. Ofc, one can train himself to get to that level, not just give up after team has said that his work is not good enough.

Best answers
At the moment, i think we need character modelers, texture artists and animators - that's the biggest gap in the dev team, and that's why there are no much character potws of new characters... And we need artists that can make good models in quality of ESF:F, not ESF 1.2.3. There's the barrier of qualification. Ofc, one can train himself to get to that level, not just give up after team has said that his work is not good enough.
Well that's a big gap. You won't find much help in this comunity, what's left of it. And no one new will come becuase no one knows about this game. Im comic book artist so I can't help at all. Not a 3D modeler or game texture maker :)

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well that's a big gap. You won't find much help in this comunity, what's left of it. And no one new will come becuase no one knows about this game. Im comic book artist so I can't help at all. Not a 3D modeler or game texture maker :)
Well i was totally dumbass in 3d modeling and texture 1 year ago too xD Didn't know a single thing. I got interested into 3d modeling and trained and now im working on the game. So everything is possible if you want (and if you like to do what you do) :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
where is the real gameplay? where are the transformations? where do we see the fighting?
>.> really?

This is about a month old.

[video=youtube;jf7Kqe8TUdY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf7Kqe8TUdY&list=UU9FN0dIQ01weg4Lm2UNP6Gw[/video]

Melee fighting (with my crappy aim), 1 transformation off screen (itsw the stutter effect during the vid because i have my game set to load resources when it needs them and not at server start) and the other when the egg switches to yellow.

Melee is there albeit without animations, but give me a break. I made that egg character in less than 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Best answers
I was watching this last video and I noticed circles in the sky it's a bug or an effect Sans titre-2.jpg

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Both really. Its a bugged effect ^^

Probably caused because my egg character only had 1 bone, so the effect couldnt be bound to the "hand" and just got placed randomly on the map. FYI its the effect that plays when you punch someone.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
First i thought that were the 2 moons in the map :D

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i think some people forget they made final from scratch...

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
ESF don't use lensflares at all. Not for the sun or any other lightsources. To me it looks like the maps old 2D moons, but yeah Grega you could be right could also be some melee sprites

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Wtf? The team started ESF:Final from scratch??? I always thought it was an improved version of 1.2.3. Knowing that, I'm starting to understand more why it's been taking so long...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wtf? The team started ESF:Final from scratch??? I always thought it was an improved version of 1.2.3. Knowing that, I'm starting to understand more why it's been taking so long...
It was pretty much restarted from scratch one part at a time starting with the maps just after the last Open beta release in 2008.

You could say the last Open Beta was where we decided "**** this mess, lets start again"

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Oh come on Grega. Everything is a bug. Bug this bug that. It kinda irritates me a little when it takes you guys at least 6 years to finish the game. Like what do you do? finish it in 1 hour every day? 1 week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom