[Old PotW] POTW - 6/10/14

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Anime series often do that.
They also get the scale totally messed up.
Uncontable times i've seen arenas and charactes having their original sizes changed ridiculously over different scenes.
Good example - toriko, one piece and basically all of those popular shonen mangas.

(At the moment of Zonge's debute, Toriko looks overwhelmingly highter than him. But in other episodes he is clearly shorter.)

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
looks good, but wont really be able to tell how good it looks unless we had a video to go off of, as rain is moving constantly lol. but judging from the still picture alone, there is no Depth in the rain (depth perception) all rain drops are clear and sharp, need to have some blurry ones to show that the rain is different distances, instead of looking like it is a GIF pasted just beyond the character.

Discord Member
Best answers
Since it is cloudy shouldnt the shading on the model change? Or at least become darker? BTW this looks SICK!! It is so awesome:D
Also, did anyone of you saw the new dbz game?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
As Grega quoted Ryo, it's WIP. I'm sure character lighting isn't affected by this kind of weather system yet.
Since it is cloudy shouldnt the shading on the model change? Or at least become darker? BTW this looks SICK!! It is so awesome:D
Also, did anyone of you saw the new dbz game?
read up

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Yeah cloudshadows on the character aswell as darker color and more specular light wasn't implemented in that screenshot. And about the depth of the rain..it's just hard to see in generall because the raindrops are quite small(in that shot there were about 25k single raindrops visible and i doubt anybody can count them)

Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah cloudshadows on the character aswell as darker color and more specular light wasn't implemented in that screenshot. And about the depth of the rain..it's just hard to see in generall because the raindrops are quite small(in that shot there were about 25k single raindrops visible and i doubt anybody can count them)

Should we also be seeing rain on the back side of the character as well? i just noticed it only seems like its raining in front of Goku

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
There is but even on a uncompressed screeenshot it's hard to see, the raindrops are quite small

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
How far can you actually take the lighting system in the game?
as far i know there is no realtime lighting for objects/models in the game.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the position of the sun already has an effect on the characters. Its just the clouds that do not.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
but is it dynamic?
and can the light of beams cast shadows in the maps?
or a big spirit bomb in a dark place that makes things more light while making some shadows even darker?

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
but is it dynamic?
and can the light of beams cast shadows in the maps?
or a big spirit bomb in a dark place that makes things more light while making some shadows even darker?
As far as i know, beams do cast light and shadows ( dynamic ). And the Sun is dynamic as well ( remember the day and night cycle video ? )

[video=youtube;1jdJKu5mozQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jdJKu5mozQ[/video]

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
nope i kinda forgot about that one.
if those effects also happen on characters and stuff with beams then it's almost perfect :F

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think the beams do emit light, but i'm not sure if they render shadows from those lights(too CPU consuming ? )

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well I'm down with that. They don't need to cast shadows given the amount that they illuminate any shadow would be obscured anyway, and wouldn't last long enough to really notice. The rain, by the way looks pretty amazing for a work in progress. I'm not expecting it to be NEXT GEN quality, it's already up to par with my standards, but I have a feeling it's going to get even better before this little drama unfolds... completely!

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Att beam,kiblast and whatnot cast light but no shadows..would be to expensive i mean there could be easily 30 kiblast flying around...all of them cast shadows don't think so..

Discord Member
Best answers
Att beam,kiblast and whatnot cast light but no shadows..would be to expensive i mean there could be easily 30 kiblast flying around...all of them cast shadows don't think so..

.... let's not forget the fact beams are like balls of light .... when was the last time u saw the sun cast a shadow of itself .... ><

*****FACEPALM*****

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Think you got it wrong i didn't speak about casting shadow in the object itself i was talking about that the light creates shadows from the map/character on the map/character ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom