POTW 14-04

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's where the hostility comes from. When someone makes the claim that I don't know what I'm talking about and it's obvious that I do, I become annoyed. I didn't mind giving my money to the team then, and I don't mind people giving their money to the team now. Just don't do it under the pretense that you're going to see all kinds of great things because the simple fact is you're not. You're just going to be disappointed if you do it for that reason. If you just want to donate to help the team, that's fantastic, and because you're not expecting all that and a bag of chips, you'll be delighted at some of the freedom you get in the FP.
Truthfully, I have to agree with you. When I first registered in the Force Pit, I was extremely disappointed with the lack of awesome content I expected to see. It was (and is) really no different than the rest of the board, just with a lot more spam. However, I still think people should donate.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some of the spam threads we created there were totally worth the 5 bucks, and I'm sure there are a hell of a lot more now. If there aren't, once you donate, you can make one and have some relatively unmoderated fun. Its a great place to be for that reason.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the rules in the force pit are preety latent compared to the rest of the forum.

Allmost anything is allowed. Not i said allmost.

But i have been trying to get people to post updates in the force pit first and im still trying to convince sky to pot the open beata releases in the force pit a day or 2 earlier from the rest of the board. Since thats what the FP was made for.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>_> If some people still can't run ESF with all its bells and whistles turned on at at least 30 FPS then they should just get a better computer, seriously.
Oh whait, I can play half-life 2 episode 2 with normal display settings and I can´t do esf...? Like I SAID, when very ammount of glowing, the game slows, and the porcessor's led hardly blinks, that means it isnt really using the laptop's full capacity.

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
porcessor's led? wtf?
i think you mean HARDDISC LED, and this only blinks if something will be read/written from/to the harddisc.

I wrote this short reply here win an running visual studio( which is just open, but doesn't compile atm) and the led doesn't blink at all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Truthfully, I have to agree with you. When I first registered in the Force Pit, I was extremely disappointed with the lack of awesome content I expected to see. It was (and is) really no different than the rest of the board, just with a lot more spam. However, I still think people should donate.
I really don't know why everyone got so hyped up on the little forum anyway. It never really was described like "HOLY **** DONATE 5$ AND YOU WILL SEE STUFF THATS BETTER THEN SEX!"

I think everyone just thinks that you are paying 5$ ergo it has to be super mega awesome sauce since spending 5$ on the internet is like spending a billion dollars in real life.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My name is green because of the Force Pit. That's almost better than sex, amirite?

to be honest, five dollars is like a meal at mcdonalds. if you've enjoyed esf, you should probably donate. not for the forum and not because five dollars is a lot, but its just the principle of it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really don't know why everyone got so hyped up on the little forum anyway. It never really was described like "HOLY **** DONATE 5$ AND YOU WILL SEE STUFF THATS BETTER THEN SEX!"

I think everyone just thinks that you are paying 5$ ergo it has to be super mega awesome sauce since spending 5$ on the internet is like spending a billion dollars in real life.
Besides all of the media, we were supposed to get 1.3 ahead of everyone else. Then **** happened, and now it's an open beta and there went one of the main attractions.

But again, having a relatively unmoderated section is worth it.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought he was kidman now. Generally, it isn't seeming like it's doing much to FPS. ALthough I've got a 256 mb geforce 8600 GT, the consensus is that it doesn't affect FPS a lot. But, as always, it's a cvar so you can turn it off if you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom