Posts Important To You?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And the less likely you'll be to ever use it o_O. You know what I mean.

I should have a gazillion posts because of offtopic. We all should, damnit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand it either. It's a pointless number anyway. Off-topic posts don't count, and any nonsensical post in another section does, so it's no measure of anything really. My opinion of the people here is based on the way they act, not how many posts they have, nonsensical or otherwise.

Although I am looking forward to my 666th post, which should happen sometime this decade.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never REALLY cared about posts, but I wish that off-topic posts "counted." :p I probably have about 3x more off-topic posts than anything else. If not more.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh. My opinion about posts, is that they show how much they've given to the community, in spam, help, discussion etc.

Then theres the Off-Topic section. Where nobody gets posts :[

Best answers
Well.. I once got called a noob and been told that I'm not allowed to have my own opinion because I only had 8 posts at the time (<3 growler)

Should have about 2250 posts by now or something \o/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my opinion, a person is a person, regardless of their post count, or experience on a forum. Their general personality will never change, which is why first impressions are so important on message boards, and is also why it's important to be nice to the noobies. You tend to make more friends than foes that way. I don't look at people with high post counts as being wise or knowledgeable, because they're really just a person, same as everyone else.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To me high post counts just reflect how active the user is or how frequently he or she may post or has posted (you get people with high post counts that don't come here so often or who haven't been around for a long while). I have it written in my sig for, I guess I could say "for the hell of it". Dam, this post doesn't count because of off-topic, looks like no increase in my post count for me this time :(.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^^ No comment. I guess I'm Hibiki's legacy.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I don't really care about post count. I don't really post often and when I do its mostly in off-topic and smiths fan fic. I wont really post in a "helping thread" where someone else has already posted the solution/fix either. Im more of a quite observing person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom