post counts!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
its not about the count, there is no prize at the end, its the quality of the input, NOT the quantity, take the ****en hint

~Says The Great Wise Man Cheeseman~

Best answers
try telling that to all the newbie flamers. Most of them flame the people who say stupid things ONLY when they have a low post count, even if they have been watching the forums longer than others have been here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^_^

most new ppl to the fourm say "i have been with the mod longer then any of u, i just never posted anything" hmm...

and the post count dont matter, when i ever i see a "n00b" its cos he has posted non-understanable s/hit but some ppl, say DeseratFox, has a low post count and is new to the fourm is not a n00b since he dont go around saying s/hit

I dont care care about my count anymore, i will get the 100 back by posting more (i have got about 30 back all ready and i have post any spam yet mwahahaha)

Originally posted by asia778
i think it can. Post count isn't just numbers, it's basically how you're ranked on the forums. Oh well, i guess i can just stay at seven posts.
you highly misunderstand most of the fourm members Asia

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too rights its the quality not quantity! And all my post have been of the highest quantity ;)
And there is some n00bs that go around shouting there mouth off and the thing to do to them is ignore!

Just one more high quality post from ME!

BrunO

Best answers
i must say, most of them aren't newbie hunters, but there are some. THink about this, if somebody said something extremely newbieish (?), and his post count was seven, by certain people, he would be flamed and be called a newbie. Now, if someone said a similar dumb question, but his post count was 150, would he be flamed as much or at all? I think the answer is not as much, even if he had a reputation of being a spammer, flamer, and just a petty annoyance. New Akuma i just read your thread about you losing your 100 posts. You may not be now, but you were ****ed. Then you know how others feel.

And let me ask you this, if someone kept screwing you over with your post count, let's say you gain back your hundred, and someone takes away 200, would you or would you not be at least slightly aggrevated?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Asia, you are bordening on Flameing, sometimes e.g people like Spin i dissagree with cos he may ask "when the beta out" (he has never asked that im jus useing his name) and he has 500 odd posts or something, i would flame him even more then a new person to the fourm since he has been with the fourm a long timew and should know the rules

As for you Asia, i would say u are not a n00b, but you still have to lean the rules, so dont start with flameing.

Best answers
sorry i sounded like i was flaming. I really didn't mean anything like that, hence me not saying names. But i'm still saying, i think many people on the forum seem to flame newbies more than people who have been here for a while.

EDIT: here again, i'm not posting any person's name, don't want to single people out.

Why do n00bs keep asking this question!
**NOTE TO ALL N00bS!***
READ AROUND BEFORE POSTING CRA.P LIKE THIS!
there is already too much bandwidth being used!
Bah! you n00bs should read the freaken forum rules and NEVER ASK WHEN ITS OUT!!!

Firefly.. I'f i'm not mistaken, your a noob here. Are you suggesting we ignore "You"?
And in this one, firefly ONLY had a low post count.

In all three, i saw you back the newbie guy up *thumbs up*, but this goes to show, that there is a lot of newbie flaming going on, i know u are not apart of this, but there are people. And if in know right, only one of them has ever been temporarily banned for coarse language, and others do not. I bet that these three people, being flamed by three different people, have a new impression that ESF has a lot bad people playing it. That's the first thing that turned me down from counterstrike (and the forums), ALMOST EVERY cs player that's not new to it, is a real ******* (and a lot of racists).

And once again, i didn't mean my previous post to sound like a flame towards anybody.

And akuma, answer my question at the bottom of my last post.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Generally speaking flaming is a bad thing. Constructive argument often leads to a better solution that outright insults. I try to post usefull things, and if even one person pulls something useful from my post then it was worth it.

The one exception I make is spam that is against this community, like the guy who came on saying that DMZ was better than ESF in VERY coarse terms. It was unneccesary, and he wouldn't yeild to constructive argument anyway.

Try to be nice to your neigbors here. We come on to socialize and have fun, not pick fights (unless they're on a ESF server :p)

Best answers
i agree, but he started the flame. If a newbie just walks up to the forums and starts saying ESF sux and stuff like that, he has not a duty, but a right to be flamed at.

Best answers
all the people that go around brag about how they "hunt n00bs" are ****ed. Everyone was a n00b at some point and they should understand how it is when you are just starting out at something. Flamming n00bs has a real negative effect on the community because it makes people not want to particapate in the boards for fear of being flammed. So basically all i am saying is that flamming and saying BS to n00bs isnt cool because it stops the community from growing

Banned
Banned
Best answers
I've never proclaimed myself to be a "n00b-hunter".
I'll try to help out the new guys..but if they're exceptionally annoying or redundant, I'll call 'em on it.

Like I've mentioned before..I look at the content anc quality of their post as the first judgment...if those are low, I look to the post count.

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Call me old fashioned. but does anyone else see the stupidity of alienating a young growing fanbase by humiliating them about a lack of knowledge? I dunno about you guys, but i WASNT born with all the info on ESF embedded into my brain, i WAS a n00b, just like ALL of you once were. If you guys are serious fans of this Mod, and have any respect for the team, and the community that SUPPORTS it, Then you'd realise that scaring potential fans away is just plain dumb. And any negative consequenses of these actions will affect us all. Please think about this b4 you rip into someone about what they want to know.

Thx for your Understanding

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that term was a short lived joke between me and afew other people on this fourm, I help n00bs, look at some of my newer posts for proof, i will take off "n00b hunter" since so,me people here dont get that haveing that on my profile does not change who i am at all, sorry. Asia i can not awarser your Q cos i dont understand it.

Best answers
Yeah fine, i'm stopping myself debating this topic any longer. Though, i don't think my question was hard to understand.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
these topics arnt actually helping the bandwitdh problem.

Best answers
i agree that they dont help the bandwidth problem but they are helping a problem with the community

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom