Port forwarding guide for ESF?

Best answers
is there a port forwarding guide made specifically for esf with the exact ports you have to forward and how to get to the router page and such? www.zbattle.net and www.xbconnect.com have them, dont see any reason for you guys not to.

What im tryen to do is to make a server, obviously. I can connect to other games just fine.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
All HL based modifications use the same ports.
So basically, ANY Halflife of Counterstrike port forwarding tutorial will do the job just fine :)

If I remember correctly there is even a port forwarding guide on the steampowered.com FAQ database.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Just forward the port that you set HLDS to listen on.

If you don't specify a port, it will use 27015.

HLDS only uses UDP ("connectionless") sockets, so you only need to forward the UDP protocol on your router.

For a default setup, simply forward port 27015 on UDP only to your server's router-assigned IP address.

It's really not complicated at all. :)

๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
is there a port forwarding guide made specifically for esf with the exact ports you have to forward and how to get to the router page and such? www.zbattle.net and www.xbconnect.com have them, dont see any reason for you guys not to.

What im tryen to do is to make a server, obviously. I can connect to other games just fine.
the links donโ€™t work Or even with I type them C8145A58-34E7-451B-9149-179F05EA93CC.png in 36605E2D-4A91-4ADA-9037-0E7C3A71BF33.png .

Base belongs to me.
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
default TCP/UDP port 27015. Just go to your own router settings, and make sure you dont have double NAT issues. When in doubt, google is your friend. At least, a better friend than the ghosts of 2006!

hleV is probably the best brains trust when it comes to these things.

๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
@Daz_Falco You replied to a thread with the latest post being from 2006. Safe to say in those many years, the sites were shut down.

For port information, you can use sites like : https://portforward.com/half-life/ - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6470-EIFV-5481
True ,, and I can gather that , But I knew / counted on a member from the forum , will update me , and that tthe forum still works . So why not reply and also allow other am to see that the forum is getting used again . By seeming the date of my comment :) ..

and thought to my self I can still reply to such a old post . 100 percent . Because I can get a reply from someone else , who will see my comment and guide me to new sites or and Give me the answer to my question.
... โœŒLike u just did โœŒ. Thanks mate ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐ŸปCheers ๐Ÿฅ‚

Last edited:
Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You still shouldn't be replying to old threads. Make a new one if you must

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom