Pokemon GO

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aside from you potentially just being bored and trying to get a rise from people (which I'm starting to believe that you are, considering how you completely ignored Grega's point about the anime originating from the game), I don't understand why this is still even being discussed. People like certain things that other people don't, it's that simple. You don't need to know the reasoning behind why someone likes Pokemon, your perspective and opinion on things isn't going to be shared by every single person. This doesn't even have to just apply to Grega's MMO analogy, this can be applied to anything.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aside from you potentially just being bored and trying to get a rise from people (which I'm starting to believe that you are, considering how you completely ignored Grega's point about the anime originating from the game)
So people like Pokemon for the games and not for the show?

You don't need to know the reasoning behind why someone likes Pokemon, your perspective and opinion on things isn't going to be shared by every single person.
I do want to know the reasoning. Can people with complete honesty say that they're into such childish stuff as imaginary creatures screaming pika pika being trapped in small balls by children and forced to fight for them? And it's not for pure nostalgia from the childhood?

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So people like Pokemon for the games and not for the show?
Now your getting it. The games are popular. The show is a commercial to hook small kids who dont think about animal abuse in to the games themselves as potential future game buyers. And the games goal is to collect all species of pokemons, rather than fighting. The fighting is just in there so the game isnt a pure stamp collecting. And that collection is the grind in the games. So people can wave round their e-wang about the level and amount of pokemons they have collected.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
None of us loves the show, but all of us (I think) have a hate-love relationship with the game. As soon as I was able to play with an emulator in iOS the first thing I got was Pokémon, and I played the crap out of it while traveling around Europe with my parents. (A couple of years back.)

And usually people agree that the show was bad, Digimon as a show is way better. But Pokémon is much more than the show - the nostalgia trip goes from collecting cards in real life to collecting Pokemons in the original Gameboy game and beyond (Pokemon Stadium on N64 was awesome).

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now your getting it. The games are popular. The show is a commercial to hook small kids who dont think about animal abuse in to the games themselves as potential future game buyers.
Fair enough. I guess it answers my question.

I initially thought that Pokemon was originally an anime. Shows what I know lol.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The anime was weird.

Their catchphrase was "Gotta catch 'em all!", yet nearly every episode the characters would be specifically forbidden to do that, because the Pokemon either already belonged to someone or it was part of a nature preservation program.

Really the only ones who were trying to catch them all were the various crook teams, like Rocket, Magma, Aqua etc.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fair enough. I guess it answers my question.

I initially thought that Pokemon was originally an anime. Shows what I know lol.
Im guessing its the best they could come up with when they were presented with the idea of a show based on a CCG with that speciffic ruleset, not to mention the in production gameboy RPG games.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Really any and ALL shows that exist are boring and repetitive.
Big Bang Theory = no story, same humor, same people all season, every season - never changes.
Walking Dead = Same story: Killing zombies and trying to survive every episode - never changes.
24 = Same story: Find terrorist and stop them - never changes

You're merely looking at the Pokemon anime through a biased POV while not comparing that same POV to everything else. The reason most can honestly find it entertaining? They like the fantasy aspect and creativity of it. Same could be said for above shows, it all just depends on what genre floats your boat. List any show you find entertaining and I can take your logic and make it appear the same as you see pokemon, guaranteed. You dont need to explain as to why you like something, you just do because of your personality and personal likes.

Best answers
I still like Walking Dead tho, since every zombie movie is about killing and surviving

Best answers
Why can't we all just befriend those zombies? They need loving too :p
Because if you won't fcuk them up, they will rip your throat out, and eat your guts, and that feeling is probably not the best feeling in the world, LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom