Please help ! Lots of questions :)

Best answers
Hi guys... I'm new to the ESF Forum, and I came to you with a couple of questions...
First of all, sorry about my bad english, but it's not my native language, so I try to manage...
Second, I've read the thread about how to battle in ESF, but when I play it... it's a diferent thing... :)
Thired: I don't know where I should of posted this, (in case this isn;t the right place), Just tell me and I'll repost.

1. When swooping and beeing cout by another player, while he spiins me, I see that I have the Rad/Blue bar in the right part of the screen. That must mean that I can influence somehow the spining... RIght ? Can I try to brake free from the spin before he throus me ? IF yes, what do I press ? Block ? Attack 1 or attack 2 ? is it a continuuos pressing or do I press many times ?

2. When two players swoop and colide, and both of you have to enter the directions wich you see in the left part of the screen, are those directions totally random or what influences them ? Is there somehow you can guess what is the corect direction of a star (the random direction) ?

When I swoop with certain people I win most of the times, and when I swoop with other I lose most of the time.. It's because I get lots of stars and my oponents seem to get none, or to be REALLY REALLY good guessers, wich I don't belive can be real... I mean... you can guess them all, all the time.

Do the red / blue / green have diferent impact on what it's going to show on my oponents movelist ? I guess Red attacks do the most damage, blue medium, and green light damage, but what are the rest of PROs and CONs ?

3. When I swoop and I keep pressed the secondary attack button, nad I colide, my oponent doesn't get throun back like usuall, but instead I get into a series of punches... Sometimes those series are sorter or sometimes longer... I'm not sure what influences them, or how I can get out of them faster.

4. I've read something about combos... I've seen that it's forebiden to give them away, so everione has to look for them, on their on. I guess that is pretty fair, but I was wondering if you could at least tell me what I'm looking for... I mean... When do you do it ? and if you could tell me an example ex: x+x+y+x+y, or something.... I really have no ideea how to start... I've tryed doing them since ESF 1.2.2 while swooping... but since I don't know what I'm serching for... I had no luck soo far...

Please answer as much of my questions and as fully as you can, If you have the time... I would apreciate it a lot. I've been tring to get the answers for my questions out of the "How to battle" thread, (don't exactly know how it's called, right now) but with no luck so far... I guess it's because I'm not that good at english and I can't understand it verry well.

Hope you guys can help me. Peace, and long live the upcoming ESF 1.3

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it sounds like you could use some assitance in playying esf. Go to esf-world and read the flash guide by Chakra-x

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Firstly, Welcome to the forums!

1) I have not been able to break free from a throw... maybe it is possible but I have had no luck so I will say no you can't... not yet.

2) The directions are totally random.
The pros and cons are... the stronger the attack, the slower it will be... the weaker the attack the faster it will be.
So you will have to make a decision to attack strongly but slowly or weakly but fast.

3) If you recieve a set of directions, the only way out is to press the correct direction to the chosen arrows... This will over power the opponent.

4) While you are pre-punching the opponent:
This is NOT a combo
P = Punch K = Kick
Example: Press left P, left K, right P, right K

I hope I have helped, feel free to ask more questions :)

Best answers
Thanks for the answers, it really helped at some points :)

At my 3rd qustion, I think you missunderstood, but that is my fault because I didn't make my self clear...
It's about the time when 2 players swoop, one with primary melle ( right click ) and the other with advance melle. When they collide the one with primary hits once for X damage and the other one hits with 12 hits for a total of Y damage. I have new Questiones about this:

1) Which is bigger ? X or Y ?
2) And how can the one with primary melle (right click) break from the 12 hits ? I sometimes manage to brake free after just a couple of hits, but that sometimes doesn't happen verry often... How can you brake free faster ?

Thanks for question 4, you answered eaxtly what I needed to know. Now I can find those damn combos :) One question though... Are all combos made only from 4 hits ?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1-2) Sorry man I am totally confused?... You can not break free from the 12 pre-punch hits... not to my knowledge.

3-4) You will have to find out but I think they vary.

Hope I have helped =)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vejitto said:
1. When swooping and beeing cout by another player, while he spiins me, I see that I have the Rad/Blue bar in the right part of the screen. That must mean that I can influence somehow the spining... RIght ? Can I try to brake free from the spin before he throus me ? IF yes, what do I press ? Block ? Attack 1 or attack 2 ? is it a continuuos pressing or do I press many times ?

2. When two players swoop and colide, and both of you have to enter the directions wich you see in the left part of the screen, are those directions totally random or what influences them ? Is there somehow you can guess what is the corect direction of a star (the random direction) ?

When I swoop with certain people I win most of the times, and when I swoop with other I lose most of the time.. It's because I get lots of stars and my oponents seem to get none, or to be REALLY REALLY good guessers, wich I don't belive can be real... I mean... you can guess them all, all the time.

Do the red / blue / green have diferent impact on what it's going to show on my oponents movelist ? I guess Red attacks do the most damage, blue medium, and green light damage, but what are the rest of PROs and CONs ?

3. When I swoop and I keep pressed the secondary attack button, nad I colide, my oponent doesn't get throun back like usuall, but instead I get into a series of punches... Sometimes those series are sorter or sometimes longer... I'm not sure what influences them, or how I can get out of them faster.

4. I've read something about combos... I've seen that it's forebiden to give them away, so everione has to look for them, on their on. I guess that is pretty fair, but I was wondering if you could at least tell me what I'm looking for... I mean... When do you do it ? and if you could tell me an example ex: x+x+y+x+y, or something.... I really have no ideea how to start... I've tryed doing them since ESF 1.2.2 while swooping... but since I don't know what I'm serching for... I had no luck soo far...
I'll give you answers.

1. Are you talking about Throwing? If you are, you cannot break free from Throwing.

2. I think you're talking about Head-On's. You have to use your arrow keys to win these.

Red does the most damage. At the end of an Advanced Melee fight if you use a red it will knock you back left right, forward or backward.

3. Are you holding the right mouse button? If you aren't then you'll most likely be going into an Advacned Melee fight. Try holding the Right Mouse button to use Basic Melee.

4. I think that in the teasers or videos that the team/testers released in the release party for 1.2 it shows the combos. I heard that it does, but if it is, you'll have to examine it yourself.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About throwing. If I recall correctly, a struggle bar appears. Holding primary attack while being thrown makes your opponent drain more ki as he tries to throw you, so there is a possibility it'll stop the throw. I get my throws messed up like this since I suck at ki conservation. At least I'm certain that's what it is.

Best answers
You're right... That's what it must do.. make the other player consume more ki, and in the event that the one that is throwing doesn't have much ki, it will brake the throw... Thanks for the confirmation

Can anyone answer this one ?

When 2 players swoop, one with primary melle ( right click ) and the other with advanced melle. When they collide the one with primary hits once for X damage and the other one hits with 12 hits for a total of Y damage. I have 2 questiones about this:

1) Which is bigger ? X or Y ? (the one of the one with primary, OR the 12 hits of the one with advanced melle)
2) And how can the one with primary melle (right click) break from the 12 hits ? I sometimes manage to brake free after just a couple of hits, but that sometimes doesn't happen verry often... How can you brake free faster ?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vejitto said:
1) Which is bigger ? X or Y ? (the one of the one with primary, OR the 12 hits of the one with advanced melle)
1. Does it really matter?

2. You can't. People let go when they get hit with primary melee thinking that they can't go on.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all these answers can be found in your manual in your esf folder look for that and read through it

Timppeli30

T
hi i have a queston... its kinda simple why in *** i cant see any esf servers in the servers log?!? this sux =S i just want to play but it says that i have a beta version and AAARRGHHH!! im getting mad!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure you're using the most up to date version. That would be 1.2.3.

Aslo, don't revive dead threads.

- Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom