Please help ifyour smart

Best answers
I got some spyware the other day so i used my spywarekiller and got rid of of the spy ware but in start up it says RUNDLL32 and not explorer theres no explorer any more in start up Please if you can help many thanks if not give me web sites that can help or chat rooms.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
punctuation would be a wise thing to use when asking for help...

looks like your spywarekiller deleted rundll32 and some explorer files...

Sound Artist
Best answers
Without Explorer running you wouldn't have a desktop, start menu, or.. any windows interface really. What version of windows are you running and while you're at it, what spyware program did you use? Did it remove them automatically or did you manually erase files? I'm guessing from what you told me that your spyware program removed the directory/file of another program (whether its spyware or not i do not know) and it's trying to run it at start up but cannot find the file (which produces the error). If everything runs fine then im guessing it's not a critical system process. You can try looking through win.ini to see if you have any suspicious programs running at startup.

You can try system restore or reinstall Windows.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If your having a lot of problems with spyware (who isn't) I recommend SpyBot - Search and Destory. It's a top notch program that takes extra steps in removing these annoying ad launchers that are truely invading your privacy.

Here's the link: http://beam.to/spybotsd

Best answers
Hmm, I had this problem once and the solution really depends on what windows you have. Windows 98 is the easies to work with (for me) but as for XP, I have no idea...they took away the winedit command (so I think it was, its been so long). If you have win98 try that.

Thats my feeble attempt to help ya, sorry buddy.

Also, I was wondering (a bit off subject) but does anyone know of a place that lists all the commands or knows of them for windows. Things such as regedit or sysedit. IF you could just send me a PM or something as not to go off subject with this thread, it would be great. Thanx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom