Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Sony Playstation 3

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 20 39.2%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a big difference between flat panel tvs, plasma screens, etc. ... and actual HD-ready TVs. An actual HDTV still runs the cost of the PS3 itself at minimum where I'm at.
Rent-a-center. Also, DVR capabilities have already been announced for sony, it'll happen don't worry.

By the way Pride, I totally agree with you. The hardware really doesn't matter, but it doesn't hurt either. The PS3 is going to have the better hardware and the better games. A twofer.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's the beauty of this console war, we don't actually know whose going to win. You feel the PS3 has the better games, I feel the 360 does. Competition is only a good thing, this is pretty much the first time theres been three strong platform holders.

Some 360 exclusives
Mass Effect, Halo 3, Alan Wake, Banjo-Kazooie, Blue Dragon, Crackdown, Fable 2, Gears of War, Halo Wars, Viva Pi?ata, Too Human, Ace Combat 6

Some PS3 exclusives
Gran Turismo, Heavenly Sword, Any Jak and Daxter game, Killzone 2, Lair, MotorStorm, Resistance: Fall of Man, Singstar, Warhawk, Metal Gear Solid 4, any Final fantasy stuff they cook up

So yeah, great games are coming for both platforms. It's just a matter of which games you like more.

About the HDTV stuff, I know of no one, not a single soul in real life that owns an HDTV. I'm from a middle class family and live in the quintessential middle class neighborhood. My parents have no interest in buying an HDTV, they barely know what one is. Parents either aren't educated enough about HDTV's or don't feel that it's worth it to spend the 800 - 1000 dollars for little Timmy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My point exactly about the HDTV. And that is with me constantly educating my family, particularly as to the fact that they pay for high def cable and watch it on a 10 year old tv...

Moreover, if my parents DID buy an HDTV, I dunno about you guys, but I HIGHLY doubt they'd have let me play games on it other than when they were not there.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I honestly don't really care, If I wanted one in particular it'd be the ps3, the only thing that puts me off is the price. I say this because my friends all like their games too, and even if i don't buy one, they all have different ones =P so i get to play them all, my one mate already owns all 3 consoles and he's a uni student D: but he's a hard-working one.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd get a Wii for the library of games, and gameplay.
but other than the Wii, I guess I'd go for the PS3, I'd much rather have the current PS2 library of games at my disposal since I have a lot of Ps2 favorites too.

Best answers
That's another good point. The 360 is not backwards compatible with all of the Xbox's games. The same is true for the PS3 (or so I hear) but the number of non-compatible games is far smaller.

So why is it that no one has responded to my "PS3 Cures Cancer Line" I'm being serious you know. According to Stanford the PS3 is a far better device than a PC for computing protein folding because of it's cell processor.

Just take a look: http://folding.stanford.edu/FAQ-PS3.html

I honestly don't see how any other system can compare to the PS3 solely based on the ability to cure cancer. The PS3 is currently the only console that can cure cancer without an alternative OS.

On another note, the Blu-ray player is essential to the PS3, without it many current games would not be possible. Motorstorm for example is a 23 GB game and would certainly not fit on a DVD, and could barely fit on an HD-DVD. If games for the 360 start coming out that are only for 360s with HD-DVD drives then a good portion of the 360 gaming community will not be able to join in. Whereas with the PS3, every PS3 comes with the Blu-ray drive.

On a happy note, Shadowrun (A game for PC, 360, and PS3) has successfully linked the multiplayer between the PC, 360, and PS3. Yes that means that computer nerds can whack console nerds and vice versa. Team Fortress 2 also plans to do this.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We have a 360 and PS3 (almost had a Wii, but then the PS3 came up more covneintly).

The 360 has a lot of games compared to the other two an X-box live gets the job done.

But I just love my PS3. Not a lot of games out for it (I only have MotorStorm ='(), but it's just so damn sexy, since I love my PS2. Since I will not be able to take that with me to college, I wouldn'y , mind getting a Wii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom