• Sony Playstation 3

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 20 39.2%

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could've sworn microsoft released an update that allows the 360 to output at 1080p.
through what? a non existant hdmi port? dvi? which carries no sound? or component, which a. doesn't support the resolution, and b. doesn't have the vertical sync nececary?

the only way to get a true 1080 out of the 360 is with the HD-player or the new unit if/when they release it.

and sub: no... just no, remember, a ps3 disc holds 25gb minimum, of space. an xbox 360 disc holds: 9gb, maximum.

shock?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Should Sub buy a $600 machine just to play one game?

No.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and sub: no... just no, remember, a ps3 disc holds 25gb minimum, of space. an xbox 360 disc holds: 9gb, maximum.
Exactly which orifice are they going to magically pull 25 GB of content from? That's a massive amount of extra work going into content that wouldn't be put into the other versions of the game.

And I saw a PS3 the other day at Costco. It was running some basketball game on an HD TV... with no AA whatsoever. Was that just the ****ty game not using all the graphics features, or was there a reason you could see jaggies on a $700 console?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
through what? a non existant hdmi port? dvi? which carries no sound? or component, which a. doesn't support the resolution, and b. doesn't have the vertical sync nececary?

the only way to get a true 1080 out of the 360 is with the HD-player or the new unit if/when they release it.

shock?
It would be shocking if it were true I guess

Rockstar isn't going to make one platform significantly better then the other. Remember, GTA: SA only took up 4.2 gigs of space, 9 gigs is plenty for the next gen GTA. You also have to take into consideration what when they ported the PS2 version of San Andreas to the xbox, it was the same game, despite the fact that the xbox was much more powerful than the PS2. They won't waste time and money on features that will only be used for one skew of the project, especially if that skew is the PS3 which has a smaller userbase than the 360.

So yeah, it's going to be the same exact game on each platform.

Best answers
Ah, was assuming the 360 had a VGA port, but was mistaken.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
360 does have a VGA port, and it can display 1080P, however, a lot of the games aren't developed for it. For that matter the PS3 has the same problem, a lot of the games only run at 720P.

It's funny though, no matter what argument is brought up comparing the PS3 to the 360, we all seem to forget one thing. The 360 has been out for more than a year now, so we have a decent idea of what it's capable of, and what's to come. The PS3 just came out, and it's getting the same type of feedback the 360 did when it first came out. We don't know enough about the future of the system yet. Why does everyone have such a short attention span? Do we not remember griping about the 360 the same exact way? Give it some time to catch up, to better itself, we only have a few extra non-release games to judge it by so far.

I think all 3 systems have potential - The Wii is great for large groups of people and a party atmosphere, the PS3 is the most powerful and probably has the most potential to impress, and the 360's online network is unmatched at the moment and has a great selection of games. However, only one really can be judged properly out of the three, and that's the 360. Even now it's a bit too early to judge in my opinion, we all know that in a few years the games on the 360 are going to be amazing compared to what they are now.

For all the PS3 haters there, it's easy to explain why people prefer it over the 360. Even though I've listed all of these reasons countless times, I'll do it again.

60GB's of space
BLU-Ray player
Wi-fi ready
Free online play(including Home, if you don't know what it is, read up on it, it's great)
Games are on Blu-ray discs allowing for more potential.
Triple card reader

Add all of that value up, even if you cut the prices in half the 360 with all of these features will more than double it's price and exceed the cost of a PS3.

Of course you're going to say that there are no games for it.. read above.. it hasn't been out long enough. Give it some time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Wii has the potential to be a greater game system then it already is, but there is an evident lack of multiplayer games, and some genres don't even contain one game. The Wii needs more games overall.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice to see a console thread which (so far) hasn't degenerated into blatant fanboyism =]

I think the PS3 will come out on top. It has the hardware, the exclusives (as well as some great multi-platform sequels), built-in Wireless 802.11g, an ever developing online scene and Blu-Ray. Motion sensing is a small bonus. My gaming experiences with the Wii have been underwhelming, the novelty wore off after a few hours (no offence to those who bought one). So far I haven't seen one game for it (Wario Ware, Wii Sports, Red Steel) that adequetely justifies its price.

The 360 has the best library at the moment, but i'm sure the PS3 will catch up to it in a matter of months. It's only been out here for three weeks, it needs time to grow. Given the success of the PS2, it should have a lot of future backing in this department.

Regarding the 360's HD capabilities, the 360Elite will only have HDMI 1.2 compliance (compared to 1.3 for the PS3), which doesn't allow full high-definition DTS audio.

Overall I think it'll come down to the various incarnations of the PS3 and 360, with the PS3 coming out on top due to Blu-Ray > HD-DVD (storage) and superior hardware.

frsrblch said:
360 wins by a landslide with Guitar Hero II.
It's been out for months on the PS2. They should have made the 360's guitars wireless too. A few extra songs do not a next-gen port make.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MGS4 is no longer a ps3 exclusive.

however, we all know that ports suck, and this will be no exception.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm surprised at how many people voted for the PS3. I played it at a videogame store, and honestly the graphics, from the games I saw, were no better than most of XBox 360's games. Also, the Wii may not have the best graphics, but it's a lot more fun to play than both the PS3 and the 360.

Best answers
I got a PS3, back when it was still hard to find. For the first month I played Resistance, it was ok, but after a while my PS3 just sat around collecting dust. A while later I got Motorstorm, and that was ok, but Motorstorm needs some massive overhauls. Then Folding@Home came out, and I was happy, I could leave my PS3 on all night and let it cure cancer. And I'm sure that the 360 and the Wii can totally cure cancer. Then I got Armored Core 4. Now I am truly happy I got PS3 instead of the others.

Oh, and I just looked it up on google. The general consensus is that MGS4 being on the 360 is just an April Fools joke.
http://uskonami.blogspot.com/#news/519345/2007/march/metal_gear_solid_4_xbox_360

No one actually knows right now if it is or not. See
http://www.gamingblog.org/entry/mgs4-not-a-ps3-exclusive-noooz/
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=71878
http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=83206

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If anything between those 3, the Wii.
PS3 is too expensive, way too expensive, it feels like a ripoff buying one with a game and all the freakin cables and s*** for maximizing your PS3 potential.

360 is nice but it's too fancy with it's graphics, not to mention I dont really trust Microsoft with consoles.
It has some cool games but doesnt draw my attention all that much.

The Wii has nice graphics, nothing out of the ordinary but the interactive gameplay is definatly outstanding.
It's the cheapest one of them all but in my opinion it's worth to buy even more than the other next gens.

Wii for mii.
If I'll find a job xD

Edit:
Spiderman 3 on the Wii = Sex in all it's glory. period.

Best answers
PS3 makes me cry for being such a dissapointmentso i picked wii. IM so confused cause my birthday is coming soon and i want a system but dont know what to pick but if i even here about Halo 3 i get hard >.>

Best answers
I was disappointed at first with the PS3, but now that I've watched like 10 or so Blu-ray movies on it and got a few games I really enjoy it. If you were to compare the actual prices of all of the hardware from all of the systems PS3 has the best deal, 360 comes next and then the Wii. To make the 360 and equivalent to the PS3 it costs nearly $720 (the cost of system is included in this of course) Just to let you guys know, Nintendo is overcharging for the Wii. None of the other consoles make a profit when one is sold, Nintendo actually does. Nintendo will make enough money on games as it is so they could at least do their fans a favor by dropping the price.

oh, and look at this: http://crunchgear.com/2007/04/13/sony-patents-3d-virtual-reality-controller-for-the-ps3/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...because the Xbox owners want it so badly...
Actually, I could care less, to be honest. The Xbox has much better games coming out. The days when MGS was the only game with that level of polish are long gone.

And besides the fact, Kojima has the worst controls in ten years. I can't imagine the horrible things that are gonna be implemented over sixaxis...

That's one thing I like about the 360. No gimmick. It's just...good.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, I could care less, to be honest. The Xbox has much better games coming out. The days when MGS was the only game with that level of polish are long gone.

And besides the fact, Kojima has the worst controls in ten years. I can't imagine the horrible things that are gonna be implemented over sixaxis...

That's one thing I like about the 360. No gimmick. It's just...good.
Quoted for truth. I couldn't care less about MGS either, but I kind of think me and Pride are in the minority on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom