Playstation 3 Question

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was wondering if anyone knew how long the Playstation 3 has to be on before it overheats.

I remember reading about the overheating problem, so I only play for an hour before turning it off to let it cool down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was wondering if anyone knew how long the Playstation 3 has to be on before it overheats.

I remember reading about the overheating problem, so I only play for an hour before turning it off to let it cool down.
It wasn't overheating, it was automatically turning off so you don't play it too much... :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It turns off when it reaches a certain temperature.

When the CPU reaches a certain temp, it shuts down preventing any damage.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have played and left it on for many hours. I think I played 6 hours straight before. 4-6 hours, and it was doing fine. But if I close the door to the entertainment case I have it in, the fan will start to speed up and go extremely fast. Just have it in a ventilated area and it should do fine. If the fan is abnormally loud, turn it off for a bit.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i've had mine running (both playing and in its standby mode when you put the controler down to go do something else) for about 5 days straight...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It turns off when it reaches a certain temperature.

When the CPU reaches a certain temp, it shuts down preventing any damage.
"Saving... please do not turn off the console until the saving is complete"

/corrupt file

That's a bad feature, it should give you like a 1 minute heads up if it automatically turns off. or hell, a 5-10 minute one.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just today, I found my PS3 still on, with the cabinet glass door CLOSED, and the red and green lights were blinking and alternating. I opened the glass door, the fan was roaring, and I quickly turned it off and let it cool off for about an hour, turned it back on, and it seems to work fine.

That blinking light that switches from red to green means the console got too hot, and it was on from the time my dad watched a movie, until I woke up at 2 pm. It had to on for almost 12 hours liked that. I am extremely lucky that it still works =(.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I'm one of the lucky Americans who has one of the slimline PS2s with the Eurasia Only AC Adapter problem. Yay, they won't do crap for americans since the problem doesn't exist in america. Right. ANyhow, though, for overheating, do what I do. Put a small box fan to good use. Aim it at the vents. Increased air circulation = win. Never had a problem with this method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom