PL Bug

Best answers
I don't know if this happens to all the characters, but when I'm Cell and I almost reach my transformation level the game stops and says "Warning: Connection Problem" although my connection is fine. I've been Trunks other than Cell and Trunks didn't crash around the transformation level. The connection thing happened at least 4 times as Cell

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's probably just a bad coincidence (spelled horribly wrong?). What video card/video type are you using?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Psycs2012 said:
I don't know if this happens to all the characters, but when I'm Cell and I almost reach my transformation level the game stops and says "Warning: Connection Problem" although my connection is fine.
connection problems have nothing to do with your connection or video card

this is the server having problems sending packets to your pc and thus getting a connection problem

theres nothing that can be done to fix it besides playing on a differnt server or waiting for the problem to clear up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Connection problems almost never clear up. I'll go check now if it happens to me 2.

Best answers
The connection 'problems,' aren't connection problems, they're server crashes... ESF servers have this nasty habit of crashing... If you're running an ESF non-dedicated server, and it crashes, the crash will cause ESF to freeze, so what you should do is quickly hit the windows key, or ctr+alt+delete, whatever will display something other than ESF, this is precautionary so that only ESF crashes, and not windows itself. Had windows crash on me once or twice as a server host...

Best answers
If you run windows xp, just kill the hl.exe/dedicated server process in the task manager instead of restarting. I don't think I've ever had esf crash my windows itself. If you run windows 95/98/ME, this could happen though.

Best answers
I think that it is coincidence that the server crashes whenever you build up enough PL. If you make your own game and play only Bots you should find that you can reach a tran level without crashing.

*off topic*

In reply to what harSens said...

The Bot crash glitch that I have mentioned can cause such an error that you cannot bring up your task manager and then you have to restart your computer. This has caused many potential ESF players to stop playing.
See thead -> http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?p=536552

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ssjFajita said:
I think that it is coincidence that the server crashes whenever you build up enough PL. If you make your own game and play only Bots you should find that you can reach a tran level without crashing.

*off topic*

In reply to what harSens said...

The Bot crash glitch that I have mentioned can cause such an error that you cannot bring up your task manager and then you have to restart your computer. This has caused many potential ESF players to stop playing.
See thead -> http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?p=536552
restart your computer too many times from windows being on and not being able to end the program will cause a major computer crash and you'll prolly have to reboot... i had to do this on my other computer many times when 1.1 froze on me. dunno about anyone else though. but as long as you can ctrl+alt+del then you should be fine

Best answers
cl_cmdrate 100
cl_updaterate 100
rate 25000
cl_rate 15000

try these to fix your packet probs.
or reconfig your firewall if you downloaded windows service pack 2, it has issues with games and some times firewalls certain packets. thus u get a timed out effect.

hope that helps bro :p

Best answers
na, it was just some craptacular hosts cuz I don't get that connection problem with good hosts

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom