Ping!

Best answers
hey again

just wonderin if there is any console commands to lower pings...i use the rate 7500 it helps a bit but i need a bit more :p

thnx
Noobified

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lower pings? I don't think that's even possible, you're pings you're ping, that's it.

Best answers
dude, if you had a 56k try typing rate 7500 or rate 5999 in console it lowers it...

as for you cablers *I ENVY YOU* :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
just type rate 9999 in console and your ping drops?

ultrassj_vegeta

U
wat??.... ur ping is ur ping.... how can u change that?? .. .how can u possilby optimize it??

Best answers
I remember when I had cable I played quake 3 online alot. and if you type into the console /rate 300 or sumthing like that, it does something to your compression ratio that increases your speed.

ultrassj_vegeta

U
o.. so it does that for 56k and makes it betta... i c...wats compression?

Best answers
sounds interesting might have to give that a try

Best answers
Actually there are ways to use the console to help lower your ping.. Back when i play Counter-Strike 6.0 i had a 56k modem on an aol account and man was it slow... so i used commands like lower my rate from 3500 to between 2000-2500... helped a little. then i used * geeze i forgot thew command it was so long ago* but it lowred my framerate just a little and then er! somthin else. HEHE but.. i got like a 125 ping once on dialup in a full server.... so it is possible you just need to know how to do it just the right amount....

P.S. I would normally get around 300 ping in the servers w/o the console hacks...

ooo ya the other thiong would tell the server to send me the data faster and well slow other people down a little to make my ping better :) so there you haver it...

Best answers
good ol dsl...i almost always have good ping....unless the server is in china or something....

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i have dsl too its just that the ppl hosting the servers dont.. so if u have dsl and they have dial up your connection gets jumpy

Best answers
yea....i hate noobs that think they can host 20 on their 56k modems :S

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I use rate 9999. I'm on a 2M cable line. I used to have a good ping minimization script for CS, but i lost it. As for hosting, once we get the beta I'll be running a server when I play as iopposed to joining one.

-Karrde-

ultrassj_vegeta

U
i hav broadband... my ping is usually like 30 sumfin.......

Best answers
I have broadband(DSL) but I see no difference in my pings when I compare it to that of my 56k. I think part of the problem though is that I live here one the west coast of the US and everyone else seemingly lives and sets servers up, on the East coast :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom