phobs is in a bit of a pickle

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright so heres my problem and any solutions that you can come up with would be great. I just installed a new motherboard, CPU and Ram and when I try to boot up my system with my old HDD's from the old one my computer shutsdown after the loading bar of windows finishes then comes up saying there was an error during the last boot and gave me the safe mode options. So thats fine I boot up with safe mode with networking and went into my device manager and updated all the (unknown) components that needed to be updated and so I reboot and still the same crap happens.

Any idea how to fix this or a good solution so I don't have to wait 2-3 hours for my 150GB of files to transfer over to my backup HDD.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My bet would be that you didn't uninstall the old chipset drivers.
Whenever I change motherboards, I make a clean windows installation, too.
You could try to remove all motherboard related drivers in safe mode, and see if you can get windows to boot after that.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I agree with Kam. It's highly recommended to re-install windows if you change your motherboard. Your windows drivers has been set on your previous motherboard, and since they are not compatible with your current hardware, it causes some problems. But honestly I never had this problem myself before as I have never really changed my motherboard as of yet. But I bet a re-install will fix the whole problem.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya I figured as much but I was hoping maybe there might have been a way without having to wait 2+hours to transfer my files to my backup HDD and then wait an hour or so to delete the partition and reinstall windows :/

Alright then guess I'll get started now.

Best answers
I told you to uninstall any previous major drivers before you switched out...

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well its all done up and running perfect now and getting 100+ frames in game! Now just need my case to come next week and everything will be perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom