Pcjoes Min Mod - Particle System

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Firefly1980
:\ ever heared of jpg? :\
Ummm, yeah, I've heard of jpg....;/

Half-Life saves screenies as .bmp's, and I am just too lazy to bother making them jpg's :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Loaded like an ass on my 56k Thanx ;) !
Particle systems looking damn good!

BrunO

Best answers
I personally think its a pretty cool idea. Bravo Joe. I tested it with him and I lagged (pII 450 64 GeForce2 Pro), but it was cool.

BUT I think that for the esf particle system, you should definitely think about changing alot. Some things that come to mind are... Bolts of lightning that reach the sky and are much wider, dust thats larger and flows faster, and differernt sized rocks would be cool.

Wait a minute... Why am I posting this here... should go in the team section... Oh well :p

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, im probably going to recompletly recode it from scratch for ESF.

CCX2

C
well,with the 1109 patch,I hope this doesnt mess up

STUPID VALVE AND SIERRA, 1109 DIDNT DO MUCH!

CCX2

C
all I do is make partivles come up and stuff,yeah,laugh if u want,

what else can u do in this mod, I would prefer PCJoe telling me,but it doesnt matter

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The mod that joe posted is to show you his work on the particle system with first hand experience of it. But he has ran into some problems and as he says will probably recode the entire thing.
Hope this helps.

BrunO

Best answers
FM you did not get my good side in that screen shot :-(. the mod is to show what he can do. it is great and i become a bigger fan of his work.Noone here can doubt that he has talent

Best answers
hmmm a bit laggy is the gameplay for me... i would do it so: let it be selectable if u wanna see the graphic extensions or not. thats like the 3d muzzle fire of the opera, an unknown mod which simulates HKBO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom