pc update, need help real fast

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have a 128mb ram, 666mhz, 32mb riva tnt2 pro v card, 12gb pc

ok, after a donk of saving, i have enough money to get a pc upgrade. Im getting it sometime later today, just need a bit of info

im getting a geforce 3 v card and some ram (is there more than on type of geforce 3, or a full name like "geforce 3 ti200" ?

will the geforce be compatible with any pc? (if you need to know any info on my pc then plz tell me how to find it and i will) and do i need to buy a compatible type of ram, or will any work? plz plz reply if you can help me cause ive been looking forward to an upgrade for ages :] thanks for any replys :laff:

Best answers
graphics card compatiblity, you'll need a AGP slot on your motherboard for the graphics card.
if you've only got alot of white slots and one or two long black ones then you'll need a new motherboard.

with a 666MHz processor you probably only have slots for 100/133MHz SDRAM.
133mhz will work in 100mhz slots, but only at 100mhz. buy as much as your motherboard will allow.

i'm not sure about the different types of GF3, look aorund on a few sites.
if you live in england try Aria and EZ Computers for some good prices.

thats about all i can think of, hope it helps.

Best answers
there are some variations on gf3's....theres the geforce 3 ti200, the geforce 3 and the gf 3 ti500. (in tha order of how good they are).

to make them compatible...you need to know if ur comp has any AGP slots on your motherboard. so really its they arent with just any PC, but they are with almost all modern motherboards.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks, how much are decent motherboards and the name of them please (is there a way to find out what motherboard u have?) ive had my pc for about 2-3 years, u think it will be modern? u guys are helping alot:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom