Path of Exile (Similar to Diablo Series)

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't normally show interest in this genre, since I haven't played anything similar, but what the heck, there might be other people who enjoy it, especially since Diablo III isn't out yet.

[video=youtube;zMaumkO-3_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMaumkO-3_c[/video]

They will be doing Public Stress Testing on March 30 till April 1. http://www.pathofexile.com/publicweekend/

It will be a proper Stress Testing, and you all will be able to check the game out. I just remembered I am one of the Beta Testers of this game, so I thought I might as well try to fulfill my role.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, alot of people waiting for Diablo III are playing this. Looks good, but meh.

Why play copies when you can play the original series, coming May 15th?:p

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This looks pretty terrible. Torchlight 2 is where it's at.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Torchlight 2 looks alright, the first one was terribad, I mean it was basically a straight Diablo rip...but with no Multi-player. Torchlight 2 offers online playing, with oddly enough, worse graphics than Torchlight 1, but also has mod tools coming. I don't like it's art style or community though.

And Diablo III for 60$ is a steal.

People paid more than that for Diablo II on release and still play it 11+ years later.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
This looks pretty terrible. Torchlight 2 is where it's at.
I would suggest you look at more videos since it's not terrible at all and they are going for a more Diablo 2-esque look but in the year 2010+. It's looking actually pretty awesome, the animations, spells and monsters. I would also suggest people to look at Cinical Brit's WTF is Path of Exile :) He only does the first quest but it's enough. It's actually a pretty good game!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Very very interesting, thank you. A fully free game is something I always am willing to try.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Torchlight 2 looks alright, the first one was terribad, I mean it was basically a straight Diablo rip...but with no Multi-player. Torchlight 2 offers online playing, with oddly enough, worse graphics than Torchlight 1, but also has mod tools coming. I don't like it's art style or community though.

And Diablo III for 60$ is a steal.

People paid more than that for Diablo II on release and still play it 11+ years later.
Torchlight 1 was actually a good game. You're right that it was a copy of Diablo, but there's nothing wrong with that and honestly, if anyone has a right to copy Diablo, it's the guys who made Torchlight. They're made up of ex Blizzard North employees.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why can't we have all three? Lets just play whatever the heck we want.

That, however, shouldn't stop people from trying new stuff, that is how you end up loving a game that you normally would've ignored.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Torchlight 1 was actually a good game. You're right that it was a copy of Diablo, but there's nothing wrong with that and honestly, if anyone has a right to copy Diablo, it's the guys who made Torchlight. They're made up of ex Blizzard North employees.
As is ArenaNet, as is CRATE Entertainment, ect.

They are spread everrrrywhere.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I've played the Open Beta today as I don't have any access to the Closed Beta (don't have an invite :() but I really enjoy the game.

Honestly, I don't even care if this is a "diablo" copy as others may say it. It's really nicely made and of top of that, the quality of the game amazes me. Heck, it's even free which I love the most.

And the level up system of both the character and gems is very unique.. And heck, no in-game money (gold) currency! And with the promise that the in-game pay features won't affect game-play at all, is something I'm really surprised at.

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
It looks like a pretty good game, but I will probably just wait until Diablo 3 comes out. I wouldn't cast it aside because it's a 'diablo clone', but I'd rather wait until the D3 release before I start a game that will consume my life for months...:laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom